Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
My rollover is completed and I'm starting to setup my new portfolio in my self directed account at Charles Schwab. I am interested in putting a little bit into some crypto, leaning towards Etherium at this point. Is there a way I can do this from a tax leveraged account via some sort of rollover? Is taking a small loan from my 401k to put into say like Coinbase a really horrible idea? Would love some suggestions.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
My rollover is completed and I'm starting to setup my new portfolio in my self directed account at Charles Schwab. I am interested in putting a little bit into some crypto, leaning towards Etherium at this point. Is there a way I can do this from a tax leveraged account via some sort of rollover? Is taking a small loan from my 401k to put into say like Coinbase a really horrible idea? Would love some suggestions.
I don't think there are any valid Crypto offerings for US markets available to 401ks just yet.

And with how the last few days have looked that might be saving you some emotional turmoil for a while. ;)

Musk tweets what should be positive driving news, market briefly goes up then bombs. Positive news having negative effects... feels like the dotcom bust all over. heh Hoping I'm seriously wrong.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's pretty common for a sudden up or downspike in the market to have a swing in the other direction a few hours later, it may stabilize again. I still think it's all going to crash down bigtime sooner rather than later so I'm mostly cashed out.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
"Dotcom bust all over"

Yep, after years of gains, as soon as Rajaah gets into stocks and cryptos, everything just starts imploding.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

oh hamburgers..

yeah, hard to say. Its been a pretty steady decline since 3/13 spike. Despite seemingly lots of good news on the crypto front.
its a rather slow decline. if this was 2017 again, by this time BTC would have been back to 25k. so its not that.. but the trend has still been decline for the last 2 weeks.

it does kindof look like best choice currently would be to wait for the rebound, then sell, take profits. wait out the slow decline. or DCA back into it. 54k for a btc rebound price for example.

if you are just getting in now. 100% Dollar cost average in. whatever amount you have to go in, evenly divide it weekly over 2 months.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blockchain/crypto isn't going anywhere. Personally, I'm not selling a thing. I'll probably add to my Eth position. I have a feeling Eth is going to use this downturn as a springboard. When things turn back around, I think Eth will have narrowed the gap with BTC.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Blockchain/crypto isn't going anywhere. Personally, I'm not selling a thing. I'll probably add to my Eth position. I have a feeling Eth is going to use this downturn as a springboard. When things turn back around, I think Eth will have narrowed the gap with BTC.
Same, bought more on the dip to 1.4-1.5k.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's the good thing about all of this downturn, it's a primo time to buy. Unfortunately I already spent all of my money buying things two months ago, 90% of which have lower values now (BTC, which I got at 32k, and MANA are single-handedly offsetting all of my losses).

I wish I were buying in NOW with all of the money I invested two months ago. Aside from BTC, of course. Especially the stocks. All of my investments are going for bargain-basement prices. It's absolutely the best time to buy in and I can't wait to bump up my numbers more while the cost is low. Hopefully the dip lasts just long enough for me to pool my funds and get the investments I want, to where I want them. And no longer than that. Yeah, the dip can F right off after that.

Basically...this is the time to buy in, no doubt. I remember wishing I'd bought in during the Great COVID Dip of 2020, around this same time. Well, what we've got here is a mini version of that, a golden opportunity.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Here is the answer to the BTC threat from the IMF. They're gunna push SDR as a new layer to the monetary system. "Money" created by the IMF that member countries can "borrow". Just another fiat funny money layer to act as the new reserve currency.

"Trump administration was very against this solution"

This is the game that Biden was elected to play. The real reason the political theatre played out. Its all about the money

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
My experience bar is inching ever closer to "leveling up" with a 0.05 payout! Up to $63 and change from my part time 1 GPU mining since March 10th.

earnings.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

A new coinbase earn coin is up. UMA.

They changed the system to make it easier. Quizzes are visible during the video. Questions are also stupid easy, and directly answered by the blurb under the video.

Buying the dip would be nice. I'm out of mobile money. so, am just DCAing in a % of paychecks as they come.
would have been nice to have sold at 60-58k btc, and buy back at 52-50. Which STILL might be the thing. we're at 54.5k atm. well we bounced a bit, the bounce is in line with the downward trend. if it continues, another 10 days will be a high of 50k.

Crazy enough, theres a WeNano node within my house range. I live in a pretty rural spot. hit another spot yesterday, down in Mystic, at the drawbridge.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Here's a video of a guy who is trying to build a market peak indicator index. I think a couple of his metrics are suspect (like the one measuring public interest in bitcoin via google) but a lot of his numbers (like Pi cycle and NUPL) are ones I have been learning to figure out....

As per mining... My massive Mining Empire (Which has run for around a week and a half now)
1616856141097.png

Additional note on SDR's : Yes, that's the globalist answer of "let's stabilize fiat currencies buy formalizing a massive new fiat currency that is tied to even less to back it's value." It kinda has been for a while. Global acceptance of this is what ends the dominance of the dollar as a reserve currency, and when that happens IMHO the spending the US government does comes falling down like a house of cards and we're starring in "PIGS 2 : Superpower Edition!"

Last edited:

Kiki

Log Wizard
Using nice hash but I keep finding RATS like Agent Tesla trying to steal my passwords. I guess that's why they want you to disable antivirus

EDIT: I already allowed the nicehash exe to run as a miner, I understand the flag for that. These are separate flags for specific trojans in the plugins that seem to execute at random. It is possible they are false positives but it's weird behavior, what are they flagging on? Identical code? Of course the official word is they are false positives, again that would be a false positive for a miner which I understand, got and allowed, but you also have people getting these RATS saying their webcam was hacked, etc. It's a weird thing to act like. 99% of the time it operates fine without the plugins getting flagged, which crashes/restarts the miner, even for plugins I'm not using lol. I'm not going to allow them to see what they end up doing, I have my vm environment way too locked down to allow me to try there either. YMMV.

Last edited:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I run a enterprise class EDR solution on the system running nicehash. It's pinged up a few times about suspicious behavior in some of the specific addons. But also it classified what behavior it saw , so far it's just that this package has a natural dislike for cryptominers in general (because a lot of hacker types compromise systems in order to run miners on them). Haven't seen any password scrapers (i.e. Mimikatz, etc...) or keyboard catchers on yet.