Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rais

Trakanon Raider
So after reading every post this weekend about everyone knowing about everything all I learned was that doge coin is a great investment and we need to pump it. Is this correct?

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Make a spreadsheet w your investment and the fees. Then have it setup to show you what you’ll pay in fees and taxes if you sell.

You have to make > 15-20% return if you want to make money.
Thanks! Will do!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally folded and set up a Coinbase account. Bought my first 0.0023 BTC! Gonna sell them in 2 days time. This is just a test run. If it all goes well I'm thinking of buying a lot more. At the moment I have it linked to my Credit Card.

Any tips for a first time person? I'm looking to buy and hold long time (1+ year) as both a savings but also a hedge against the crazy shit most Fait currencies are engaging in at the moment. Also, note that I'm a Euro Bro, so some of the USA only stuff won't apply to me.

IMO, the crypto "do's" are simple:

1. Do invest in two or three coins you like, preferably coins with a good use case, an active, talented development team, and an already established record of success (I personally like ETH and VET).

2. Do hold onto them until you can cash out without feeling like you need to buy back in. This may take several years. Once it happens, cash out for a massive profit and enjoy your money.

Here are my crypto "do not's":

1. Do not invest in a shitcoin (i.e. a coin without a use case that was created as a pyramid/PnD scheme).

2. Do not give into the temptation to immediately cash out when your coin doubles or triples (with crypto this happens all the time and usually quickly).

3. Do not give into the temptation to try and swing trade crypto (sell with the intent of buying back in during a dip).

4. Do not hover over the charts agonizing over every move your crypto makes (this will help you avoid numbers 2 and 3).

Obviously this is my own personal strategy. Like I've said before, different people have different strategies and goals. My personal goal is to buy crypto, be patient, and then cash out 75% of my position for a massive profit down the line. Adhering to the "do not's" is way harder than it seems.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if there is a way to analytics crypto like they do in sports. It feels like there are patterns to it's ups and downs but I just can't put a finger on it.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Mist, I swear to Kek if you ruin this thread with any more of your 70IQ hot takes on false political history I'm going to cut off your cock and staple it to your chin as a conversation piece.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
  • 1Rustled

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Bullshit we haven't seen inflation. Yes, if you use the government's manipulated definitions, sure. Like transitory increase don't count; for instance if we have an increase of 100% on all goods and services from 2020 to 2021, but it's a one time increase, that's technically not "inflation." Or when they change the basket used for CPI every year or two, you never get a consistent number for inflation either.

Everything has become massively more expensive in just the last 6 months. It has to when you add another $8 trillion in a year.

We're seeing inflation, but it's along the path of the flow of money...

The Fed prints all this money for stimulus, QE , whatever. The majority of that money does not go to everyday people needing money to spend. it flows out through the banks. What do banks buy when they have money? Investments that accrue in value. Real Estate, Stocks, commodities (oil, lumber, futures contracts) ,sometimes precious metals, starting to be crypto. Note how almost all of those (with the exception of precious metals) have skyrocketed in price. Real Estate is a case of hyperinflation already. I am living in a house which, if I look at the offers being made to my neighbors and what some have sold for, would seem to have almost quadrupled in value in less than 2 decades. Is my house able to be a "better house" than it was 20 years ago? no. Has it improved it's "house productivity" in the last 20 year? no. What that tells me is that it's not that my house is actually more valuable, it's that the commodity we're buying/selling them in (dollars) is just worth a lot less.

If the government really wanted to bust out economy revving stimulus they would issue ever adult with an SSN a debit card, essentially the way they do SNAP and welfare now. They would pump cash onto those cards, but the cards would be limited as to what they could be used for (like food stamps) and investments/converting to cash/etc wouldn't be allowed. Food, Gas, bills, rent, electronics all would. But then you would see real inflation reflect upon the lower and middle class, which would cause a quick collapse when people realize things are getting 7-10% more expensive every year, but they're lucky to get a 3% cost of living raise....

Then the bloody class war can really start.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's Saturday night, you know what that means. I bought $1000 of VET at .177 after selling at .195 on Friday. Did I make anything overall? Probably a pretty meager amount. But when it gets back to .22 (buy-in average) I should have a little more than I started with. At least it worked out in terms of numbers.

Gonna leave VET alone now and whatever happens happens. If it gets to 3x what I started with in the future, maybe I'll take out the initial investment and leave the rest in as basically house money to see how it goes over the next few years. Dunno. I'm definitely wanting to leave this alone for now though. Trading for meager profits is stress I don't need TBH.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

1. Do invest in two or three coins you like, preferably coins with a good use case, an active, talented development team, and an already established record of success (I personally like ETH and VET).

2. Do hold onto them until you can cash out without feeling like you need to buy back in. This may take several years. Once it happens, cash out for a massive profit and enjoy your money.

1. Do not invest in a shitcoin (i.e. a coin without a use case that was created as a pyramid/PnD scheme).

2. Do not give into the temptation to immediately cash out when your coin doubles or triples (with crypto this happens all the time and usually quickly).

3. Do not give into the temptation to try and swing trade crypto (sell with the intent of buying back in during a dip).

4. Do not hover over the charts agonizing over every move your crypto makes (this will help you avoid numbers 2 and 3).

Obviously this is my own personal strategy. Like I've said before, different people have different strategies and goals. My personal goal is to buy crypto, be patient, and then cash out 75% of my position for a massive profit down the line. Adhering to the "do not's" is way harder than it seems.

Aaron Aaron

I can echo these, especially #4. Hovering over the charts pretty much guarantees that you're going to cash out prematurely or try to swing trade. Swing trades can be lucrative but they haven't done much for me and are extremely luck-reliant. Just leave the charts alone.

I'll add a #5 - Do not buy something that is doing exceedingly well at the moment. Probably the biggest mistake I made in my first month of cryptos/stocks was jumping onto things that were shooting up, thinking I'd hop aboard a ride to the moon. Spikes are often followed by steep drops back to a "normal level" so doing this is a good way to end up with something sitting at -20% of your buy-in for 3 months like what happened with me and Doge. Just do not buy high or try to grab something on the way up. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't, at least for me. Get things that are currently in lulls. Bitcoin is in a big lull, VET is in a moderate lull.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>

I would make an addendum to #2. I invest with a strategy of having "long holds" (which for me are BTC and ETH), and "moonbags" which are 1-3% of my bucket put into altcoins I think have upside. Those moonbags are where my addendum to #2 comes in. When one of them explodes (2x or more) I plan to take out 25%, then 25% at 3x, etc until I have my original investment out. That all goes into my long hold positions to increase them.

That way once I cash out my initial "seed" in the moonbag I'm playing with house money on those and I can be flexible on letting things run or pulling things out.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It's Saturday night, you know what that means. I bought $1000 of VET at .177 after selling at .195 on Friday. Did I make anything overall? Probably a pretty meager amount. But when it gets back to .22 (buy-in average) I should have a little more than I started with. At least it worked out in terms of numbers.

Gonna leave VET alone now and whatever happens happens. If it gets to 3x what I started with in the future, maybe I'll take out the initial investment and leave the rest in as basically house money to see how it goes over the next few years. Dunno. I'm definitely wanting to leave this alone for now though. Trading for meager profits is stress I don't need TBH.
You’ll do great over time.

That said I’m not buying back in yet. It looks like stuff is wavering like a motherfucker to me. I’m expecting a bigger dump of everything in the next day or two. Prove me wrong, market! Or don’t, I want to buy in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would make an addendum to #2. I invest with a strategy of having "long holds" (which for me are BTC and ETH), and "moonbags" which are 1-3% of my bucket put into altcoins I think have upside. Those moonbags are where my addendum to #2 comes in. When one of them explodes (2x or more) I plan to take out 25%, then 25% at 3x, etc until I have my original investment out. That all goes into my long hold positions to increase them.

That way once I cash out my initial "seed" in the moonbag I'm playing with house money on those and I can be flexible on letting things run or pulling things out.
Yep- your method is actually both the safer and more conventional method because you take profits along the way. My way is riskier but pays better if everything works like it's supposed to.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if there is a way to analytics crypto like they do in sports. It feels like there are patterns to it's ups and downs but I just can't put a finger on it.

I can definitely say that weird stuff happens in the middle of the night with crypto. I've seen some huge spikes at 2 AM - 3 AM EST. Also seems to reliably spike Monday and Tuesday mornings between 9 AM and 10 AM. Other than that, I don't know.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can definitely say that weird stuff happens in the middle of the night with crypto. I've seen some huge spikes at 2 AM - 3 AM EST. Also seems to reliably spike Monday and Tuesday mornings between 9 AM and 10 AM. Other than that, I don't know.
Asia

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Check what time it is on the other side of the globe.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Also, I was reading one report on the Turkish asshole who decided to rugpull/steal something like $2B from the exchange he ran in Turkey within the last week and him moving/dumping that may have been an impetus for that flash crash a week ago which put us all in the shitter. Damn Turks....

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Come to think of it, 2-3 AM EST are 9 AM in France/Germany time and London time respectively.

Which means, you guessed it, it's when the African stock market is waking up.

sole

Molten Core Raider

I like glassnode and tradingview, some pretty cool stock and user-created metrics for indicators--it's easy to get overwhelmed.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It's Saturday night, you know what that means. I bought $1000 of VET at .177 after selling at .195 on Friday. Did I make anything overall? Probably a pretty meager amount.

How do you not know the precise amounts you’re making?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mist is actually half right here. The other big factor in stagnating wages is women entering the workforce in large numbers in the 70s. This came out of a progressive movement which framed it as giving women financial independence, no longer were they mere housewives dependent on their husbands for money. Who'd want to be a full time mother, so boring and old fashioned.... go have a career instead!

What it effectively did, was nearly double the workforce. Add immigration doing more of the same, and you can only have the inevitable law of supply and demand kick in. Number of workers goes up, wages are depressed. Families now need two incomes to make it, and the kids are raised by daycare centers. Progressive ideas ruining everything and especially for the very people they are claiming to help isn't some new fad.

• 1Like