Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah... Great to see ETH pumping today... But Dem Gas Fees.
1620497699562.png

versus Polygon...
1620497725551.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah that's basically me with TrueBit yesterday, outside of the All In part. $500 (...plus $60 in gas fees) is mere pennies to me! Well no, it's significant, but it could completely evaporate and it wouldn't kill me. I'm happy to invest in something that isn't mainstream yet even if I don't know much about it.

Still don't think Doge has long-term potential, but I'm probably wrong. Are people seriously HODLing it long-term right now or is the general vibe to sell this weekend after hopefully a spike? I've talked to a couple people who are doing the latter, but you also have Elon Musk saying it's the currency of the future and whatnot.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m HODL’ing everything. After losing out on like $8k of GAINZ bc I sold BTC and ETH for $4k profit my strategy has metamorphosized.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Anyone staking eth?

I'm not staking ETH for ETH2.0 right now, but I am staking some ETH in liquidity pools. Most notably the ETH-MATIC pair has been treating me pretty well lately. And today's trading volumes aren't hurting that.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not staking ETH for ETH2.0 right now, but I am staking some ETH in liquidity pools. Most notably the ETH-MATIC pair has been treating me pretty well lately. And today's trading volumes aren't hurting that.

What's your position on that? I'm really digging the stablecoin pools because it's basically a set-it-and-forget-it savings account, but every time I think about other pairs it seems like a huge pain in the ass to shift your position as necessary.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I’m HODL’ing everything. After losing out on like $8k of GAINZ bc I sold BTC and ETH for $4k profit my strategy has metamorphosized.

LOL same here, im done swing trading. i made some money, but i missed out on so much more if i just HODLed

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
p.s.
LOL same here, im done swing trading. i made some money, but i missed out on so much more if i just HODLed

almost a month later im still waiting for binance to finish basic verification. this is comical at this point. how long will it take to get my money out when its time? 3 months?

1620514805174.png

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't use centralized exchanges for anything except transferring money to your bank account, in which case imo Gemini is the best.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't get the ETH and ETH 2.0 as separate listings. I thought 2.0 was just some kind of change to the existing ETH coin. Which apparently you can do?

Anyways, I'm up 90% in my ETH account

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just scooped some Truebit just to wait and see. The GAS fees are insane.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
What's your position on that? I'm really digging the stablecoin pools because it's basically a set-it-and-forget-it savings account, but every time I think about other pairs it seems like a huge pain in the ass to shift your position as necessary.
OK, I am going ETH-Matic and a little Matic-Quick on Quickswap. ETH-MATIC has been OK as they've both been decent on price action and the value of the stake is growing, plus is earns incremental Quick as a bonus. I haven't been as pleased with Matic-Quick because Quick is a tiny cap volatile little bitch. At the end of this month when I do my next big influx I'm also moving what was traditionally in a bank savings account for me into a USDT-USDC LP on Quickswap for the same reasons you are... it's like the savings accounts I remember as a kid when you earned actual REAL interest on them.

Don't use centralized exchanges for anything except transferring money to your bank account, in which case imo Gemini is the best.
This is pretty much my situation right now, although for my Coinbase is the on/off ramp as it's the one I have ACH set up with for fast transfers. (damn the fees!)

What I'm struggling with this weekend is that I want to focus more on the lower gas costs on MATIC. But using Metamask, even with the Matic mainnet on there, it always defaults all transactions as on the ETH mainnet. So I end up needing to then bridge ETH net to MATIC and paying TWO f*in ETH gas fees to get things into MATIC. I need to figure out a better solution for that.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the bridges are the entire reason I stopped looking at Matic. Huge pain in the ass, and expensive as fuck to boot, there's no way it survives much more competent scaling solutions, but I could be wrong I suppose. Did you try the Aavegotchi bridge?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the end of this month when I do my next big influx I'm also moving what was traditionally in a bank savings account for me into a USDT-USDC LP on Quickswap for the same reasons you are... it's like the savings accounts I remember as a kid when you earned actual REAL interest on them.

Oh I missed this. I'd stay away from USDT, personally. Brock Pierce is involved in that, and he's a pedophilic scam artist piece of shit and a terrible six-boxing wizard in EverQuest. Plus who knows wtf they're backing all that USDT to, the latest "audit" they released was some jerk me off bullshit. USDC is obviously the primo choice, but DAI I think is the second best right now -- even if it fluctuates a little more than the rest, the new V3 positions shouldn't expose you to that as I understand it, and I doubt that it will ever lose its peg. The bonuses are probably less, but that's because USDT is riskier.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Oh I missed this. I'd stay away from USDT, personally. Brock Pierce is involved in that, and he's a pedophilic scam artist piece of shit and a terrible six-boxing wizard in EverQuest. Plus who knows wtf they're backing all that USDT to, the latest "audit" they released was some jerk me off bullshit. USDC is obviously the primo choice, but DAI I think is the second best right now -- even if it fluctuates a little more than the rest, the new V3 positions shouldn't expose you to that as I understand it, and I doubt that it will ever lose its peg. The bonuses are probably less, but that's because USDT is riskier.
On quickswap even Dai-USDC is pulling nice coin for a stable coin pair.
1620530378170.png