Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I missed this. I'd stay away from USDT, personally. Brock Pierce is involved in that, and he's a pedophilic scam artist piece of shit and a terrible six-boxing wizard in EverQuest. Plus who knows wtf they're backing all that USDT to, the latest "audit" they released was some jerk me off bullshit. USDC is obviously the primo choice, but DAI I think is the second best right now -- even if it fluctuates a little more than the rest, the new V3 positions shouldn't expose you to that as I understand it, and I doubt that it will ever lose its peg. The bonuses are probably less, but that's because USDT is riskier.
Interesting, I was trying to figure out Aave and in the meantime thought i'd put some USDT into there because of some nice WMATIC %. DAI is less than half of USDT :( .

I haven't ever used aave nor held usdt though.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think it's worth it to deposit stablecoins to Aave, but I suppose that can change depending on various things. Uniswap pools or curve.finance pools are the way to go -- I tend for the former just because curve is heavily exposed to USDT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Elon tanking doge with his awkward deliveries on SNL?

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, my prediction of Doge going over .90 this weekend turned out to be way off. Big sell-off in the last couple hours for whatever reason. Now that I'm down 10-15% I might as well HODL it too. Also got some TrueBit I'm not gonna touch. Trying to decide whether to go with VET or Eth with my remainder (it's all in VET now), or split 50/50. I was wrong about waiting for an Eth dip last week, turns out it was a great time to buy.

Last edited:

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Imagine DOGE tanking right when SNL w Elon comes on. Who would have thought!!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

1620555874596.png

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Imagine DOGE tanking right when SNL w Elon comes on. Who would have thought!!?!?!?! :rolleyes:

View attachment 353274

Definitely not me. That was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. Just a baffling tank. I'm down like 25%, hope it rebounds soon.

Me a few days ago: "Just bought Dogecoin, sorry everyone" THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So was the Elon SNL thing any good?

I see that he has revealed to everyone that he has Assburgers. I would expect 0 people to be surprised by that

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So was the Elon SNL thing any good?

I see that he has revealed to everyone that he has Assburgers. I would expect 0 people to be surprised by that

He overtly pimped out Dogecoin several times. I thought the most we'd get would be him wearing a Shiba Inu face t-shirt during the monologue or something like that.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All planned events work the same. Hype before drives up the price, the actual event is a dump. Get in and get out early.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm so confused. This goes against basic human psychology. The event should prompt confidence, not "my investment is getting attention on national TV, abandon ship!"

Well, I've got a substantial loss on paper, just like what happened in February the first time I got Doge. It's actually mind-blowing how similar this went to my February Doge buy. I'm a doge-bag holder extraordinaire. Well, I'm gonna hold onto it indefinitely and see where it ends up. Which means Dogecoin is now finished as a store of value. Once again, I'm sorry.

Edit: Gains in other areas offset the Doge loss this weekend so I'm not too crushed

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It’s not psychology. It’s strategic.

Theres literally a saying for this, that people in these forums parrot, “Buy the rumor, sell the news.”

Why? Because it’s a universal truth. Doge is already kind of hard to buy, so how can you expect plebs to pump it?

I knew it’d prob tank w Elon but idc bc I’m HODL’ing. Might buy back in at $0.40.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I am waiting to judge the Doge fiasco until I see how far it falls total. Question is if it erases it's total gains from the start of this pump (around mid last month) or not.

I did not jump on the DOGE train, and am still knocking on wood before I say "happy" about this weekend across the board.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, I bought in on Doge back in dec as a joke more than anything and kept it in there because it never really went into the red ...got it for around .003 and said yesterdayif it hit 70, I’d sell if it dipped back below it and then sold yesterday at .69898.

I’m closing on my house this month and it’s nice that the majority of it will be paid off in its first month of my owning it. Turns what’s been a crappy year so far, totally around.

Thanks, Elon.

• 12Like
  • 3Tendies
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 15 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Oh cool, I actually made a wise decision by putting $35k in MATIC earlier this week.

Sometimes people aren’t full of shit in the articles and posts you read. I had kept reading it had a massive amount of transactions and saw it was getting a crazy amount of adoption.

Everything I’m reading says things like MATIC are necessary for Ethereum dominance far into 2.0 rolling out.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Oh cool, I actually made a wise decision by putting $35k in MATIC earlier this week.

Sometimes people aren’t full of shit in the articles and posts you read. I had kept reading it had a massive amount of transactions and saw it was getting a crazy amount of adoption.

Everything I’m reading says things like MATIC are necessary for Ethereum dominance far into 2.0 rolling out.

This is what I've been seeing/reading and why I'm also in on MATIC. Right now it's the heaviest of what I consider "altcoins". (I consider ETH and BTC a different class, and hold more of both of those than MATIC)

A good example, say if 2.0 hits and it slashes gas fees by 75%, those fees will STILL be way over what you pay on the Polygon network. As such MATIC might end up being a key to the retail/beginner investor entering the space. Those people who are chipping in $100 or $200 per paycheck.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
This is what I've been seeing/reading and why I'm also in on MATIC. Right now it's the heaviest of what I consider "altcoins". (I consider ETH and BTC a different class, and hold more of both of those than MATIC)

A good example, say if 2.0 hits and it slashes gas fees by 75%, those fees will STILL be way over what you pay on the Polygon network. As such MATIC might end up being a key to the retail/beginner investor entering the space. Those people who are chipping in $100 or $200 per paycheck.
Exactly. I guess we’ll see how it actually pans out, but people seem dubious how much ETH gas fees will even go down after 2.0. And the scaling won’t ever be there without coins like MATIC.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I bought so much ETH specifically because I thought the gamblers would flee doge to ETH after the hype.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, I bought in on Doge back in dec as a joke more than anything and kept it in there because it never really went into the red ...got it for around .003 and said yesterdayif it hit 70, I’d sell if it dipped back below it and then sold yesterday at .69898.

I’m closing on my house this month and it’s nice that the majority of it will be paid off in its first month of my owning it. Turns what’s been a crappy year so far, totally around.

Thanks, Elon.

How much did you get in USD?

It's amazing that the value has gone up so much in a few months.