Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking this IQ test was administered after sending in a coupon he clipped out of the back of thrift store graphic novel. Or maybe a Facebook ad...

It's the official kind, the cognitive testing where you go to a facility and they spend 3 hours asking you to solve patterns and repeat ten numbers forwards and backwards and things like that. I talked my way into getting cognitive testing added on when I went in to get ADHD testing, which I had to do since I've got some mild ADHD. Which definitely hampers focus, unfortunately.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I really like what I'm seeing from TrueBit. Other potential big-leapers that I've been reading about are Quickswap and INJ, impressed so far. I wish I had more to go around so I could get a decent slice of some of these things that have barely scratched the surface of their potential yet.

OK, Quickswap has been my Polygon platform of choice lately. I can tell you $QUICK is very hot, but very bipolar stripper. Know that in terms of price. I actually stake some MATIC/QUICK and I swear that pair alternates between making my dick hard, and making my day hard... OTOH, earing quick rewards on LP pools including stablecoin pools is nice.

Also, by my understanding it's the most popular Polygon centric DEX right now. So there are consistent levels of activity and liquidity there.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
OK, Quickswap has been my Polygon platform of choice lately. I can tell you $QUICK is very hot, but very bipolar stripper. Know that in terms of price. I actually stake some MATIC/QUICK and I swear that pair alternates between making my dick hard, and making my day hard... OTOH, earing quick rewards on LP pools including stablecoin pools is nice.

Also, by my understanding it's the most popular Polygon centric DEX right now. So there are consistent levels of activity and liquidity there.
I use QuickSwap for everything on Polygon too. I guess there's 1inch now also, but I don't think it offers too much different.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
MATIC, my man. I bought in 35k at 70 cents. I just sold it at $2.15 earlier. There was various trades inbetween but that’s where my massive profits came from. That 70 cent buy in was about 2 weeks ago if memory serves.

I’m going to buy back into it soon.

So, $25k in capital gains taxes? Oof!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a base salary of $140k a year, I live in California, AND I day trade shit relentlessly, so taxes aren't anything new to me unfortunately.

Maybe I should get over my aversion to short term capital gains and paper hands more.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Maybe I should get over my aversion to short term capital gains and paper hands more.
It ain't that bad really. Short term capital losses offset short term capital gains. If you know exactly what you start with, and don't actually take much money out during the year, or you keep track of it very well, you can easily know what your taxes are.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It ain't that bad really. Short term capital losses offset short term capital gains. If you know exactly what you start with, and don't actually take much money out during the year, or you keep track of it very well, you can easily know what your taxes are.

What’s quantifies a short term capital loss?

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
What’s quantifies a short term capital loss?
Short term is holding under a year. So if you buy X stock for $5000 today, sell it for $10000 tomorrow, then it goes down to $5000 in two months and sell you again, no taxes, they wash out.

Long term capital gains only wash out against long term losses. Therein where you can fuck yourself if you lose track of what you've owned when you maybe want to put some losses on the books.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Short term is holding under a year. So if you buy X stock for $5000 today, sell it for $10000 tomorrow, then it goes down to $5000 in two months and sell you again, no taxes, they wash out.

Long term capital gains only wash out against long term losses. Therein where you can fuck yourself if you lose track of what you've owned when you maybe want to put some losses on the books.

Hrmm, I’ve never been in a position to “want” to put losses on the books, so this isn’t something I’ve thought much about.

I track my trades, just not from this perspective. Paying 25% on short term capital gains really incentivizes me to HODL to my detriment sometimes I guess.

For example, I made $5k on ETH when it hit $4k, but I didn’t want to pay $1250 to the gov and only walk away with $3750. It just feels so skeezy to me.

But, if I carry this thought out, if I make $3750 on top of the $5000 invested I’ve got $8750 to drop into a lower cost basis.

Only problem is I don’t think I’ve ever been able to see plays that far out to be confident I’d be able to get back in at a significantly lower cost basis. And secondly I don’t think I’d like having to sit on that cash waiting for it to happen. Idk, I’m just trying to work through it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hrmm, I’ve never been in a position to “want” to put losses on the books, so this isn’t something I’ve thought much about.

I track my trades, just not from this perspective. Paying 25% on short term capital gains really incentivizes me to HODL to my detriment sometimes I guess.

For example, I made $5k on ETH when it hit $4k, but I didn’t want to pay $1250 to the gov and only walk away with $3750. It just feels so skeezy to me.

But, if I carry this thought out, if I make $3750 on top of the $5000 invested I’ve got $8750 to drop into a lower cost basis.

Only problem is I don’t think I’ve ever been able to see plays that far out to be confident I’d be able to get back in at a significantly lower cost basis. And secondly I don’t think I’d like having to sit on that cash waiting for it to happen. Idk, I’m just trying to work through it.

The capital gains tax shite is the main deterrent I have to ever cashing out, myself. Better off just reinvesting into a lower cost basis when possible. There are always dips and crashes to buy in more with.

innysoludar

Vyemm Raider
Crypto noob here. Who/what do you guys use to track Crypto movements? Seen some crazy .0XX cents per coin/token go up 10x + and want to look in right places.

63686426-7F85-47A5-B066-D419088A96DA.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
1.67 matic
2670 ETH

No clue if it's just a quick sale before boosting up or the start of another 2200 ETH... we gonna find out though!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While I dont trade in the crypto pool I do find it valuable to keep an eye on it. Here is a chart of BTC. With the latest crash its sitting right at the 200-DMA and below the 50 and 100-DMAs. MACD is signalling sell. If it loses the 200-DMA, its got nothing but air between it and about 31k as a prior support level. Beyond 31k its next support is down around 20k. The chart setup doesnt look good right now. Good luck and may the force be with you.

1621596872417.png

1621596973642.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You dont think algos are trading crypto?

I don't think equities people really appreciate the speed of the crypto market.

A week in this shit is like a year in stocks.

But yeah, the algos are creating these huge swings, to bleed off profit and buy back in.

And I'm sure some whales were selling to, and a ton of retail