Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
does it matter if you buy on pro or regular coinbase?

I am not sure, but as I said above they want to bring new users into "Coinbase"(not pro) as it's more simple to use and that is where they make most of their fees.

I have accounts on both and learned early on they are legit different systems. That hit hard when I went to transfer coins from Pro Wallet to Normal Wallet and was going to be charged a huge fee /sigh

Do not "trade" on coinbase, the fees are huge. But if you are a buy and hold person it's tolerable(still extremely high compared to other services though). But for the chance at some big dogecoin at what I am personally quantifying as low risk(bought doge at .37, sure it will be above that at some point in the next 6 months)....why not, right?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
never heard of it :trump:
There's probably some people who will get an IRS hazing if they answer no to that and buy the ETF. Owning an virtual currency ETF almost certainly counts as holding an interest in virtual currencies, and you can forget all you want, your broker is gonna notify the IRS for you.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
There's probably some people who will get an IRS hazing if they answer no to that and buy the ETF. Owning an virtual currency ETF almost certainly counts as holding an interest in virtual currencies, and you can forget all you want, your broker is gonna notify the IRS for you.
Yes I was joking - but I 100% assume as you say the ETFs counts as crypto since that is the underlying instrument. Same as commodities or whatever else.

thats why the IRS just hired like 5000000 people, to check the checkboxes!

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Currently clocking around 45.5 MH/s using Phoenix/Daggerhasimoto

That seems really low. I get 79ish MH/s on my 3080 with it power limited by 50% and reduced core/mem clock because mine has terrible vram thermals. Using nicehash quickminer.

A 3080 with good vram cooling and optimized settings should be closer to 100 MH/s.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Coinbase is doing some raffle thing where if you buy 100$ worth of DOGE(now in their listing) by the 10th you have a chance to win 300k in DOGE(1 winner), 30k in DOGE(6 winners I believe) or 100$ in DOGE(6,000 winners). You should have an e-mail from them so make sure you click that an "Opt In" before buying.

I'm a sucker, I did it. Bought 150$ of DOGE at .37. Raffle winners announced on June 17th so I figure if I don't win I can probably sell the DOGE at that point for a gain or just hold and sell until it is a gain of whatever the coinbase fee was(3$ I think)

This is probably not for Coinbase Pro, just Coinbase. They are really trying to get people on that side of things since the fee's are higher.

On Coinbase Dogecoin still shows as unavailable for purchase/sale in my area. heh

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Currently clocking around 45.5 MH/s using Phoenix/Daggerhasimoto
Brooooo
You need to fix that 3080
Mine is pumping along normally at 90-100. Of course in LA if the wife turns on hair blower it shuts off half the power in the apt. Love 3rd world countries.
1622845992464.png

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Time for me to fall on my typo-laden sword... It's a 3070, not a 3080... And with a tweak it's not clocking around 53MH/s
1622846326064.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I get 60 Mh/s with my 3070 with a 46% power limit (-500 core, +1100 mem) It of course lowers if I'm using the computer for anything.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I get 60 Mh/s with my 3070 with a 46% power limit (-500 core, +1100 mem) It of course lowers if I'm using the computer for anything.
That's probably the difference. This is on my desktop machine I use for everything, browsing, zoom meetings, work crap, light CAD work, 3d printing prep, etc. (Although I pause mining while gaming)

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Algorand is not interoperable with Ethereum, which makes it a competitor in a field that Ethereum has already won. It uses a non-Turing complete language for its smart contracts which loses out on the "rich statefulness" that Vitalik has designed for. And the Algorand Foundation has patented its code, which is a huge red flag for centralization of the blockchain.