Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I have like a 10:1 ratio invested in ETH:TRUE but have yet to get into pooling. Seems risky.
It is, but not any riskier than holding IMO. I think the trap is to think of it in terms of $ earned. Think more in terms of ETH earned, since ETH is basically the base you're going off of. In other words, the value of ETH in $ terms might go up and down -same with TRU- but as long as the value of TRU to ETH stays in a decent range, you're making money as long as there is trading volume which is generating fees. It's basically like turbo-charged interest rates IMO, or at least that's the mindset I take to make it make sense to me.

Plug some numbers into this Flipside: Uniswap V3 Fee Calculator and see what kind of money you can make given a $ amount pooled (risked). If you're ahead of the transfer fees, you're making money since the up and down in relation to the dollar is going to happen regardless.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is, but not any riskier than holding IMO. I think the trap is to think of it in terms of $ earned. Think more in terms of ETH earned, since ETH is basically the base you're going off of. In other words, the value of ETH in $ terms might go up and down -same with TRU- but as long as the value of TRU to ETH stays in a decent range, you're making money as long as there is trading volume which is generating fees. It's basically like turbo-charged interest rates IMO, or at least that's the mindset I take to make it make sense to me.

Plug some numbers into this Flipside: Uniswap V3 Fee Calculator and see what kind of money you can make given a $ amount pooled (risked). If you're ahead of the transfer fees, you're making money since the up and down in relation to the dollar is going to happen regardless.

I view my ETH:TRU pool similarly but recently more often than not I’m pushing towards a 100% TRU stake just due to how the pair is moving in relation to each other. So, while also collecting my fees at an ETH:TRU split I also try to watch that ratio in the pool. I probably wouldn’t remove liquidity at 100% TRU unless some extreme shit was on the horizon and I thought it’d be worth having 1,000,000 TRU instead of 500,000 TRU and 500,000 ETH like it could go back down to depending on the pair trade.

Right now the pool is trading at almost my max price, I’m collecting great fees per day (like 35%) but I’ve also shifted to a 90% TRU and 10% ETH position because of that. I left the liquidity in during that spike where it moved out of range and think it was worth it. I’m sure there’s a better way to min/max this but I’m happy for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
war and earthquakes and bitcoin is somehow stable

convert all $$$ to btc

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
AMM is the best thing to come out of the Ethereum ecosystem so far. It's a very cool innovation. Yield farming APY is insane. Hedge funds do like 5-10% and I'm getting ~65% on Sovryn. I don't have a lot in it yet but as my confidence grows I may add a lot more. It's fun to see the yield increase. Since I'm holding the assets as an investment anyway, it's fairly low risk money.

You need to try and guess where the asset will be in the long term though, and possibly hedge with spot buys if the price breaks hard, otherwise you could suffer impermanent loss if the asset goes far in one direction and doesn't return.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
LBRY/Odysee up 20% today, yay. It's nice to see my worst investment slightly less of a train wreck. Now at 98 sats. I made multiple buys of this coin anywhere from 3000 to 20,000 sats in 2017. And LBRY actually does something, unlike the dog coin.

oops, down to 95 sats as I type this.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
LBRY/Odysee up 20% today, yay. It's nice to see my worst investment slightly less of a train wreck. Now at 98 sats. I made multiple buys of this coin anywhere from 3000 to 20,000 sats in 2017. And LBRY actually does something, unlike the dog coin.

oops, down to 95 sats as I type this.

I have a small pile of LBRY but it's small enough I've essentially forgotten it exists. What's worse is I hate YouTube and want to see Odysee take off, but it's service just still isn't that good.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Yes, I got that from the first reply. You'll forgive my confusion when separate ETH projects like to call themselves the same thing and polygon tokens were stolen. My response was in regards to arguing the semantics of the word 'hack' which is rather irrelevant to the users who lost money. Incidentally the Coindesk article and the Poly Network guys used the h word.

For the purpose of my original argument, it doesn't matter much which one of them was hacked regardless

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Solana popping off now too - up 40% yesterday 70% on the week. sadly only 3% of my crypto portfolio, but at least Vechain is 3/4ths of the portfolio and up 27% on the week.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if this should be a new thread in mobile or pc gaming or here, but it's crypto related so posting here. Feel free to move if you think necessary.

I've gone down the DeFi gaming rabbit hole after I got into Axie. I started playing Splinterlands: Splinterlands - Collect, Trade, Battle!. It's a pretty enjoyable game and matches are quick. Basically you pre-select your cards before a game starts, then the winner is declared by the blockchain as soon as the match begins based off the cards played by both players. You then watch the results play out.

The game costs 10$ to get a spellbook which gives you starting cards to begin with. You then can buy more cards on the player market with DEC (Dark Energy Crystals) or coins(real money). You earn DEC by winning a game or doing the daily quests (you open 1 chest per completing your daily). You can also buy DEC on an exchange.

I think it's every 2 weeks a season begins, where you play ranked to try to move up the ladder. Once the season completes, depending on what rank you fall in you get more chests to open, which is more cards, DEC or potions. To rank up you got to win, but you also need to increase your power level (value of your account). This is hard to do but the neat thing about this is you can rent cards from players for DEC/day, which will increase your power level temporarily and allow you to try to progress to the higher rank.

They also have a governance (SPS) token that they are airdropping to people for the next year depending on the value of your in-game account (DEC + cards owned + skins, etc) You can then stake this currency in game and get returns on it. Apparently you'll need a certain minimum to buy packs in the future, no clue if that's true.

If more people are interested in this I would think about creating a guild and then I think we can rent out cards to each other to help level us up but not sure about this. You need 10k DEC to create a guild, which is about 80$ currently.

Here's an overview of the game:

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more I dig into these NFTs, the more I think we need a whole separate thread on it. There's so much interesting shit going on in this space, and it sucks shit trying to include it in discussions about blockchain design, security, etc.

• 3Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Card games like MTG make the most sense to me when it comes to NFT's. Now I'm just waiting for something that I'm actually interested in before I jump in.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
The more I dig into these NFTs, the more I think we need a whole separate thread on it. There's so much interesting shit going on in this space, and it sucks shit trying to include it in discussions about blockchain design, security, etc.
Go for it! Just please include a good writeup/overview/links to such in the OP if you please.

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I'm all for discussion of NFT games that could get me stupid amounts of money by doing little to nothing

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not sure if this should be a new thread in mobile or pc gaming or here, but it's crypto related so posting here. Feel free to move if you think necessary.

I've gone down the DeFi gaming rabbit hole after I got into Axie. I started playing Splinterlands: Splinterlands - Collect, Trade, Battle!. It's a pretty enjoyable game and matches are quick. Basically you pre-select your cards before a game starts, then the winner is declared by the blockchain as soon as the match begins based off the cards played by both players. You then watch the results play out.

The game costs 10$ to get a spellbook which gives you starting cards to begin with. You then can buy more cards on the player market with DEC (Dark Energy Crystals) or coins(real money). You earn DEC by winning a game or doing the daily quests (you open 1 chest per completing your daily). You can also buy DEC on an exchange.

I think it's every 2 weeks a season begins, where you play ranked to try to move up the ladder. Once the season completes, depending on what rank you fall in you get more chests to open, which is more cards, DEC or potions. To rank up you got to win, but you also need to increase your power level (value of your account). This is hard to do but the neat thing about this is you can rent cards from players for DEC/day, which will increase your power level temporarily and allow you to try to progress to the higher rank.

They also have a governance (SPS) token that they are airdropping to people for the next year depending on the value of your in-game account (DEC + cards owned + skins, etc) You can then stake this currency in game and get returns on it. Apparently you'll need a certain minimum to buy packs in the future, no clue if that's true.

If more people are interested in this I would think about creating a guild and then I think we can rent out cards to each other to help level us up but not sure about this. You need 10k DEC to create a guild, which is about 80$ currently.

Here's an overview of the game:
oh shit you can just login with metamask and youre in the game

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
this game runs on a blockchain I've never heard before, which apparently has zero TX fees even while allowing orders of magnitude more entries on a supposedly open ledger, by using something called 'rechargeable resource credits'. The whitepaper calls staking 'powering up'. Also the whitepaper coins a term: 'Proof-of-Brain'

Sounds legit

• 3Worf