Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Well the deed in this case would contain valuable metadata that you can monetize in various services, and is a financial asset you can lend, borrow, sell, and insure. So possibly it gives you a way of replacing the house, depending on how it's all structured - which may come down to which protocols you're using to mint and maintain your ERC-721 property deed, or not who knows it isn't built yet.

Pegging an NFT to off-chain values is a lot harder than for cryptocurrencies, but I'm sure there are a lot of people working on it.
This is brain damage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You two retards are going to have to speak a little louder, I can't hear you over the thousands of dollars my NFTs are printing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I forgot, you're not only a retard, you're an illiterate retard who can't read.
Just think about it. Your house can be like one giant crypto coin. It sounds amazing, why haven’t you made it so?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're so fucking stupid that you think you have some sort of gotcha, despite the fact that I've already acknowledged the incredible complexity of pegging NFT values to off-chain data. There's a lot of shit that needs to get solved, and the only decentralized computation market was just released a few fucking months ago. You are an idiot, you have no concept of the problems being discussed here, let alone being worked on, you provide nothing to this thread.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You're so fucking stupid that you think you have some sort of gotcha, despite the fact that I've already acknowledged the incredible complexity of pegging NFT values to off-chain data. There's a lot of shit that needs to get solved, and the only decentralized computation market was just released a few fucking months ago. You are an idiot, you have no concept of the problems being discussed here, let alone being worked on, you provide nothing to this thread.
Come on bro. Let’s make our houses into bicoins bro. It will be lit af.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, keep thinking you're the smart one here.

• Richard Oppy, vice president of global brands at Budweiser’s parent company, Anheuser-Busch InBev, told CoinDesk last month the beer brand is investing in a new NFT media shop run by internet entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk.
  • The shop, touted as a “long-term business play” by beer company executives, will see Budweiser’s, including other beer brands’, intellectual property packaged and sold as NFTs

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
On NFTs….real questions.
I think I understand it all and to me I see the value in buying a real thing with an NFT “tag”. Like a first edition baseball card, painting, autograph, etc.

But honest question, if I buy an nft meme or image. Why can’t someone just screenshot it and use it? Who do I “sue” for using it off license? Do my lawyers send a cease and desist to someone? Not being a wiseass, genuinely curious. How does one protect a digital asset?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well for a specific example, Sad Frogs District released, sold out within minutes, and had a floor price of 1+ ETH over the course of a week and a half or so. Only problem was they were basically rare pepes and Matt Furie is an idiot, so he filed a DMCA with OpenSea and had them delist the Sad Frogs District project. SFD fired one back and were eventually reinstated when Matt Furie dropped his DMCA. OpenSea, of course, sucks balls, but it's what exists right now.

Some NFTs you own all the rights to, some you don't have any rights to, it really depends on the project.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well for a specific example, Sad Frogs District released, sold out within minutes, and had a floor price of 1+ ETH over the course of a week and a half or so. Only problem was they were basically rare pepes and Matt Furie is an idiot, so he filed a DMCA with OpenSea and had them delist the Sad Frogs District project. SFD fired one back and were eventually reinstated when Matt Furie dropped his DMCA. OpenSea, of course, sucks balls, but it's what exists right now.

Some NFTs you own all the rights to, some you don't have any rights to, it really depends on the project.

Again, i kind of half get it. When you say “own all the rights to”, how is that enforced? Im not trying to be ass, its the one piece of this puzzle i cant wrap my head around. But i think its cool to have a signed autograph from X celebrity and proof its real via NFT, so if someone tried to sell i could say “its a fake, i have the token to prove its real!”

But i really dont understand the digital version of it. Who do you go to or does one approach a breach of the NFT asset? Or is this simply not a problem?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Again, i kind of half get it. When you say “own all the rights to”, how is that enforced?

Whatever existing judicial framework exists depending on the situation, e.g. SFD and Matt Furie resolved their issues via DMCA notices. So if you have an NFT that you do not have the right to monetize in a commercial application, but choose to do so anyway, you will be sued as normal.

EDIT: NFTs are the asset, and they cannot be breached. The image is one piece of metadata of the NFT.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
There are a lot of dumb people crypto made rich, and they are doing dumb people shit like spending 30k on a cartoon image of acorns.

NFTs have some really cool applications, but I doubt we live to see most of them.

Fucking 6 ETH for cartoon acorns. Lolol

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
There are a lot of dumb people crypto made rich, and they are doing dumb people shit like spending 30k on a cartoon image of acorns.

NFTs have some really cool applications, but I doubt we live to see most of them.

Fucking 6 ETH for cartoon acorns. Lolol
All the NFT shit is ridiculous to me as it is now.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're too focused on the fact that the NFT has a picture of a rock attached to it. It's better to think about the NFT as a non-fungible store of value like land.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
store of value like land

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Correct me if I'm wrong but what you linked is more of just an ID? What I'm talking about is more like a private club where the access pass is an NFT.
Selling people the perception of exclusivity!

I will pay FIVE U.S. dollars for membership to FOH. It is good for servicing debts both foreign and domestic.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user