Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I took my $2,000 in profits on SHIB.

If it crashes I'll get back in.

Last edited:
  • 2Tendies
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
If shib hits .01, it'd be worth approximately 4 trillion. That's double the entirety of the current market cap of all cryptos combined. Think of how rich you'll be. Should probably put in even more.
Well we did pump trillions into the market and are gonna pump another few trillion.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Well we did pump trillions into the market and are gonna pump another few trillion.
That is my reasoning. With inflation some of that money is gonna go to cryptocurrency. SHIB is seen as the poor man's crypto.

Cheap
Can get millions for little money.
Gives a dopamine hit when it goes up fractions of a penny.
Trendy to own crypto.
When inflation hits it's good to own the things that are inflating. Property is very high and will only go up so is mostly unaffordable for the masses.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like next point of resistance is 22 and if it crashes from there the next point is 12.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Looks like next point of resistance is 22 and if it crashes from there the next point is 12.
I was just going to come say this :smart:

Meanwhile, FLOKI keeps swinging back and forth, but if you look at the support levels of those swings it shows a fairly constant rise. It's also got a lot of market cap room to keep growing. For instance, if its market cap tripled we'd still be only at $1.8B. If anyone's still looking to get in on that one, I'd look for the ~$.00005 level to buy in.

All IMO, caveat, YMMV, DYOR, caveat caveat, etc.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was just going to come say this :smart:

Meanwhile, FLOKI keeps swinging back and forth, but if you look at the support levels of those swings it shows a fairly constant rise. It's also got a lot of market cap room to keep growing. For instance, if its market cap tripled we'd still be only at $1.8B. If anyone's still looking to get in on that one, I'd look for the ~$.00005 level to buy in.

All IMO, caveat, YMMV, DYOR, caveat caveat, etc.

I can't buy FLOKI on Coinbase =/

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 75% cash (USDC), sold my BTC & ETH earlier this morning (both 50%+ return). Sold 100% of ADA about two weeks ago at ~$2.30 with my avg being <$1, Remaining 25% is in BTC. looking to get back in later on.

have a random amount of TRU in a wallet I don't ever look at or touch though.

godspeed sailors

• 2Tendies
Reactions: 1 users

Lightning Fast
He's swing trading. Looking to get back in when ETH and BTC likely dip back down in the near future.

EDIT: I've been playing with this in a spreadsheet lately. Not taking into account txn fees which vary, if you start with 2 ETH and swing trade between a level of $2850 and $3900, you'll end up with 13.13 ETH after 6 trades and putting the ETH made back into each trade. 2850 - 3900 is a pretty optimum level, most likely the swings won't be exactly that. Also, it looks like if you're waiting long enough for it to swing between those levels it would take about 1 year to make 6 trades. But still, the potential is there to make a lot of scratch.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Mostly my gut, nothing scientific but obviously I keep up with everything. A lot of stuff has been closest to all time highs this year since that point in Aprilish, so 6months. There was a pretty big surge past few weeks. I've watched these ebbs and flows (some dramatic) over the past two years and realized I could have been taking some profits and buying back in repeatedly even paying 50% attention to the market. The only reason I didn't take it all out now is because there is always that random chance in crypto of some outlier event happening and the true moonshot. I don't think it will but that's why I left the 25% in BTC. I'm still long and bullish on crypto in general.

I plan to evaluate again around $40k and $2500. if the time table draws out too long before we ever get there i'll re-asses that also.

• 1Solidarity

Lightning Fast
Looks like SHIB is in the process of bouncing off the 22 level. It's back up to 24 now. Even for crypto though, this is some crazy volatility. Personally I'm not touching it and mentally adding it to the coins I could have been in on but missed, AKA the Time Machine List.

That may change if it goes back to 12 though...

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Looks like SHIB is in the process of bouncing off the 22 level. It's back up to 24 now. Even for crypto though, this is some crazy volatility. Personally I'm not touching it and mentally adding it to the coins I could have been in on but missed, AKA the Time Machine List.

That may change if it goes back to 12 though...

I've got TradingView set to 1h and got my potential buys marked green (sold at red). If it bounces hard at green I’ll join the uptick, otherwise I wait for the next line of resistance. Rinse and repeat:

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 2.47.10 PM.png

• 1Like

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
SHIB is seen as the poor man's crypto.
SHIB's decimal place is entirely for psychology and is part of SHIB's scam. They want suckers to buy it instead of BTC because 'it's cheap'. Doge was the 'poor man's crypto' until a new poor man's crypto came along and now Doge holders have bags. Any idiot can make a ERC20 token leveraging Ethereum's network and that's what happened. I was thinking about making a token called 'Worthless' as a joke. You can buy a million for a penny! It's also totally not a security because it makes no promises of gains.

Bitcoin's decimal place is arbitrary and meaningless. It doesn't matter where it is. The smallest unit of BTC is a satoshi, and one sat is worth 0.054 cents right now. It'll be 1 cent before next decade. Services are starting to use sats as the standard unit now. (e.g. Lightning)

If you want to gamble, do margin longs on BTC. Granted that's hard to do for Americans because the regulators are gigantic cunts here. If you buy SHIB instead, get out early

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
whats that called when ppl panic and sell? atm coinbase can't fulfill shib sell orders

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users