Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
SHIB's decimal place is entirely for psychology and is part of SHIB's scam. They want suckers to buy it instead of BTC because 'it's cheap'. Doge was the 'poor man's crypto' until a new poor man's crypto came along and now Doge holders have bags. Any idiot can make a ERC20 token leveraging Ethereum's network and that's what happened. I was thinking about making a token called 'Worthless' as a joke. You can buy a million for a penny! It's also totally not a security because it makes no promises of gains.

Bitcoin's decimal place is arbitrary and meaningless. It doesn't matter where it is. The smallest unit of BTC is a satoshi, and one sat is worth 0.054 cents right now. It'll be 1 cent before next decade. Services are starting to use sats as the standard unit now. (e.g. Lightning)

If you want to gamble, do margin longs on BTC. Granted that's hard to do for Americans because the regulators are gigantic cunts here. If you buy SHIB instead, get out early

I made $1770 in proft bc Wingz randomly mentioned it, so I realize I'm definitely playing w fire if I get back in.

I'm finding myself in the same boat as swayze22 swayze22 when it comes cyrpto. The heating and cooling is easier for me to follow than typical stonks. I guess bc it's way more volatile over a longer period of time and therefore more obvious. SHIB is the first time I've actually swing traded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sorry everyone. The reason SHIB is crashing...

...is that I bought ALL TEH SHIBS last week. I'm going DOWN WITH THIS SHIP DAMMIT.

Just kidding, I missed out on SHIB and also have it on my Time Machine list.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
are miner fees still insanely high on uniswap?

Gas fees? I just keep Ethereum Gas Tracker | Etherscan open in another tab and catch it when it is low. If you connect your Metamask wallet to Uniswap any time you execute a transfer you'll get prompted in Metamask to confirm. Part of that confirmation process will tell you the estimated cost in GWEI and $, ETH, whatever. So you can always cancel it if it is too high.

Currently, as of this post, yes they're a little high. If I move anything and am patient I can catch it when it is around 40 or less GWEI.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoS is supposed to solve this, correct? Because i think these fees will always be the most significant hurdle towards using crypto for daily activities.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Found this on TradingView (out of 100 this one was the least retarded analysis). Looks like there's consolidation coming at the end of the month and we can look for ETH to break up or down. Everyone's saying BTC/ETH to the moon, but who knows.

KJKONqfg.png

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Trying to get back into technicals after getting pwnt by the ATH in February:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Set a limit order for SHIB to .00001245 and for BTC at 33334.

Gonna flip SHIB, gonna HODL BTC per usual.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Set your price targets and stick to them, IMO. Just be sure to factor in any txn fees or slippage you get charged along the way, they can really eat into your profits.

I typically don't worry about taxes bc I don't sell, but yes, I have a spreadsheet that includes short-term capital gains.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I typically don't worry about taxes bc I don't sell, but yes, I have a spreadsheet that includes short-term capital gains.
Not taxes, txn fees: transaction fees, sorry for not being clear. Probably from coinbase in your case, or the gas fees if you're using Uniswap or some other similar exchange.

For instance, with FLOKI, you have to set your slippage on Uniswap to 9% or the trades don't go through. You have to factor that into the math if you're doing swing trades, IE whatever your price targets are have to be higher than the 9% either way plus the gas fees or you're losing money. When I looked at SHIB it also had a non-standard slippage rate (usually .5%) for trades to go through, but I didn't find out what it was. No idea how coinbase is doing it, but I seem to recall their rates being pretty rapey.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Not taxes, txn fees: transaction fees, sorry for not being clear. Probably from coinbase in your case, or the gas fees if you're using Uniswap or some other similar exchange.

For instance, with FLOKI, you have to set your slippage on Uniswap to 9% or the trades don't go through. You have to factor that into the math if you're doing swing trades, IE whatever your price targets are have to be higher than the 9% either way plus the gas fees or you're losing money. When I looked at SHIB it also had a non-standard slippage rate (usually .5%) for trades to go through, but I didn't find out what it was. No idea how coinbase is doing it, but I seem to recall their rates being pretty rapey.

Oh, I use Coinbase Pro, so fees are 0.0025%.

For example, when I sold SHIB for $2500, I paid $10 to Coinbase.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

And this is why I just use greyscale shares for swing trading. The fees are like a penny.