Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
In addition to Truebit the other coin I was going to mess around with was Floki*. I know some of the people here have bought Floki. It looks like I'd have to go through kind of a similar process that I tried with Tru, so I'm pretty hesitant.

Tell me if I've got this right:

1. I need to buy BNB
2. Convert it to BSC (not sure how to do that)
3. Put the BSC in a Trust wallet
4. Transfer the BSC to Pancake swap
5. Swap the BSC for Floki???

How much of that did I get wrong?

* I know it's a meme coin with little to no fundamental value but I don't mind gambling a bit.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
In addition to Truebit the other coin I was going to mess around with was Floki*. I know some of the people here have bought Floki. It looks like I'd have to go through kind of a similar process that I tried with Tru, so I'm pretty hesitant.

Tell me if I've got this right:

1. I need to buy BNB
2. Convert it to BSC (not sure how to do that)
3. Put the BSC in a Trust wallet
4. Transfer the BSC to Pancake swap
5. Swap the BSC for Floki???

How much of that did I get wrong?

* I know it's a meme coin with little to no fundamental value but I don't mind gambling a bit.
Buy BNB
XFer it to your browser wallet (metamask will work)
Swap BNB for FLOKI on pancake swap

Set your slippage to 3, or failing that, 4% (iirc) when you do the swap. Pretty sure that should be it.

The price is still bouncing back and forth between .0002 and .0003 or so, but it's been overall trending up slowly. It's kind of in the same pattern it was in before it blew up by like 500% a few weeks back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buy BNB
XFer it to your browser wallet (metamask will work)
Swap BNB for FLOKI on pancake swap

Set your slippage to 3, or failing that, 4% (iirc) when you do the swap. Pretty sure that should be it.

The price is still bouncing back and forth between .0002 and .0003 or so, but it's been overall trending up slowly. It's kind of in the same pattern it was in before it blew up by like 500% a few weeks back.

Yeah I've got good reason to believe it's going to follow Shibs pattern.

If I send the BNB to metamask am I going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to transfer it to Pancake swap?

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yeah I've got good reason to believe it's going to follow Shibs pattern.

If I send the BNB to metamask am I going to have to pay hundreds of dollars to transfer it to Pancake swap?
No, metamask is just a wallet, unless there's something about it that I haven't used. The fees come from whatever service you were using to do the swap, such as uniswap, quickswap, pancake swap, etc. Pancake swap has some fees, but they're not the same as uniswap with the ETH gas fees. Before the crazy NFT stuff and gwei was down around 25 sometimes, gas fees weren't bad for small txns. Now, anything less than about $1000 will just kill you on fees as a % of the txn.

I haven't done a ton of research on pancake, so you might want to do some more research before you start putting in real money, but it's up to you.

EDIT: ah yeah, I see the swap feature there now, I've never used it. Always used a dex like I mentioned.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Welp, finally decided to mess around with metamask and I can see why people are saying the system is unusable.

-Bought $100 of ETH on metamask to test things out. After various fees, my $100 is reduced to a balance of $93 (which isn't terrible).
-Attempted to swap the ETH into TRU but the gas fee alone was more than $100, which means even if I spent my entire balance just on the gas fee (and got no TRU) I still wouldn't have enough to transact the swap.
-Since a swap is clearly out of the question I decided to just xfer my ETH to Binance. Just moving my ETH required a $10 gas fee. Fine. Hit the transact button and get a transaction failed alert. Despite the fact that the transaction didn't work, I still paid the $10 gas fee, so I'm down to $83. Attempt the transaction again. Fails again. Another $10 gone.
-I'm now down to $73 from the initial $100 and I've done exactly nothing.

Fuck this nonsense. I guess I'll just have $73 in a metamask account I can never move or do anything with.

You have to set the slippage to 5% and the transaction speed to High. It'll cost more but it'll actually move the funds.

I know I'll regret selling my 10,000 TRU and moving that money to Binance, but F messing with swaps any more. It cost me like $250 total just to even get my money over to Binance.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to set the slippage to 5% and the transaction speed to High. It'll cost more but it'll actually move the funds.

I know I'll regret selling my 10,000 TRU and moving that money to Binance, but F messing with swaps any more. It cost me like $250 total just to even get my money over to Binance.

I'm honestly done trying to move ETH on and off metamask. Not worth it

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So.... Who had the late afternoon call with BTC? Whoever it was, thanks!

1636331748515.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

VC backed, centralized L1 smart-contract chain. They don't even pretend to be decentralized. That centralization gives them a huge performance advantage over other L1's. I obviously think its garbage, but its making folks money. A lot of big money behind it. Most people don't care about decentralization so I'm sure it will do well.
ooph.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The fact that the “dead” SHIB wallet is alive is enough reason for me to stay out. Dude could’ve taken a $1b loan and bought more.

I’m also considering taking ETH profits and buying SOL. The impracticality of simply using ETH products bc gas is so high is so utterly retarded to me that owning ETH is actually pissing me off.

• 1Like

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm

I bought some Algo from Coinbase Pro, moved it to Gate.IO, swapped that for USDT. Then swapped that for some Floki.

I imagine I lost some on the swapping & so on, but negligible gas fees - talking 0.001 Algo, which is less than one cent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bought some Algo from Coinbase Pro, moved it to Gate.IO, swapped that for USDT. Then swapped that for some Floki.

I imagine I lost some on the swapping & so on, but negligible gas fees - talking 0.001 Algo, which is less than one cent.

You couldn't just swap the Algo to Floki directly? Just wondering

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The fact that the “dead” SHIB wallet is alive is enough reason for me to stay out. Dude could’ve taken a $1b loan and bought more.

I’m also considering taking ETH profits and buying SOL. The impracticality of simply using ETH products bc gas is so high is so utterly retarded to me that owning ETH is actually pissing me off.
This would interest me I think. What is your reasoning to buy SOL?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Has Floki always been on BNB? I thought it was eth only. I have some BNB sitting around think I might buy some Floki with it.
Just to make sure this is the address? 0x2b3f34e9d4b127797ce6244ea341a83733ddd6e4