Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the investment advice, Taco.
My investment advice is aligned to how I use consumables in RPGs.

Just buy, never sell, die with an unused retirement account and finish games with a chest full of potions.

I bought one Bitcoin many years ago on a lark, will probably hold it forever.

giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's going to break the old record of 69K eventually but that might take another year. So yeah, now's a good time to buy as any. It's already passed 51k today. Plus the halving is coming up in 2 months which should boost price

Not sure it's going to take a year to hit a new ATH. Not sure it's going to take 6 months at this rate.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Bitcoin only. Everything else is a scam. Others disagree and I'm sure they'll swoop in you shill their garbage to you, if you go down that path then good luck.

As far as wallets it depends what you're trying to do. I'll go through these is ascending order of how I would suggest.

1. If you want something brainless and don't care about holding it in custody yourself something like CashApp or Strike will get the job done.
  2. Next is mobile wallets, with these you're holding they keys yourself in what is called a "hot wallet" which just means its always on an internet connected device. BlueWallet, AquaWallet, or something like SamouriWallet.
  3. Desktop wallets are IMO a bit better than mobile wallets but still considered hot wallets though. I prefer Sparrow but Specter is alright.
  4. Finally you have Hardware wallets, these are called "cold storage" because they're never connected to the internet. Examples are ColdCard, SeedSigner, and if you insist on 💩coining Trezor is probably your best bet.

There are plenty of other options and there are features that not every wallet here supports. Samouri and Sparrow support mixing, Aqua, BlueWallet, Strike and Cashapp are probably the only ones here that support Lightning natively, etc. If you're just looking to store a couple hundred bucks and want custody grab a mobile wallet. If you're holding real money though I would suggest spending on a hardware wallet and learning how to use it properly.

If you have any questions I'll try to help. As Araysar Araysar mentioned there is a lot of complexity and it can be overwhelming. The basics are easy though. If I had to narrow the above down I would say just do Blue Wallet. Its simple and has support for most of the stuff you'll want to do.
If I get one of these cold wallets and I want to watch my coins grow real time, would I have to simulate that since they’re offline? Like find an app that lets me put how many coins I bought at x price? If so do you know any?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If I get one of these cold wallets and I want to watch my coins grow real time, would I have to simulate that since they’re offline? Like find an app that lets me put how many coins I bought at x price? If so do you know any?

Trezor wallet comes with its own app that updates the value of your positions in real time

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't suggest using Trezor's app unless you gunna 💩coin. All BTC wallets i'm aware of will show current value of holdings. I dunno about showing what you originally paid though, probably not. You can just track that yourself.

The reason you dont use the wallet software for a hardware wallet has to do with incentives. Just use something like Sparrow to track the wallet. If you 💩coin though you have no choice because they're poorly designed as a rule. I use Sparrow and it can track any wallet I have the public key for. That includes not just my wallet, but any wallet I care to track. This is how it works though, its all public on the ledger. A "hardware wallet" is honestly just a signing device, or maybe more accurately a hardware device that holds your private keys offline and there is a physical process required to sign any transactions using that private key. The term wallet is actually kind of misleading as that not how Bitcoin actually works, but its easier to just use the lazy term wallet than to actually explain how it works to people.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider

Another thing is to use the website cointrackr

Just put the value you have in it and save.

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Another thing is to use the website cointrackr

Just put the value you have in it and save.
My 2c... Never tell anyone how much you hold, especially not a website obviously made to collect that data.

Would you tell someone how much gold is under your floorboards or cash in your mattress while also giving them your location (IP)? This is dumb... Don't do this. You can achieve the same results with a calculator or an excel sheet and not dox how lucrative robbing you would be.

Y'all need some opsec

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
My 2c... Never tell anyone how much you hold, especially not a website obviously made to collect that data.

Would you tell someone how much gold is under your floorboards or cash in your mattress while also giving them your location (IP)? This is dumb... Don't do this. You can achieve the same results with a calculator or an excel sheet and not dox how lucrative robbing you would be.

Y'all need some opsec

I printed out my bitcoins and put them in a waterproof case.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, Flobee Flobee , my shitcoin of choice TRX announced they are pushing to become a layer 2 to BTC to facilitate cheaper and faster transactions. I would brush this off but TRX is already doing that with USDT successfully. What say you?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Ok, Flobee Flobee , my shitcoin of choice TRX...
TRON is currently the dominant chain for USDT trading especially in the global south. They're poised to lose this as moving stablecoins via Bitcoin using Liquid+Lightning is becoming a thing.

I don't know anything about their plans but trying to attach themselves to Bitcoin in any way they can makes sense. Justin Sun is a 1st class scumbag but he's been clever enough to survive this long so I guess we'll see.

Nothing about becoming a layer 2 for Bitcoin is going to be faster or cheaper than running your own 💩coin where you completely control the fees... Because it neither decentralized nor secure. The only reason I can think for him doing this is to try to gain some legitimacy by association. I don't follow their garbage tho so I'm just making assumptions

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'm no expert on the suits, but I'm pretty sure this Tom Lee guy is pretty well respected.

TLDW - 150K this year

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm no expert on the suits, but I'm pretty sure this Tom Lee guy is pretty well respected.

TLDW - 150K this year
Not sure if you are joking or not, but Tom Lee is the most bullish of all perma-bulls. He is known for calling new bull runs every time he is on television, including January of 2022. The guy is nothing but market positive, no matter the macro situation. Nuclear WW3 could break out and the guy would still spin market positivity.

So yeah, grain of salt listening to that guy.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users