Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What the fuck.

So is Bitcoin about to skyrocket from the halving, or are we in for Crypto Winter? Place your bets.

SEC's interference is the main thing that warded me off of altcoins and the market at large. Really expected them to Shut It Down by now but here we are.

• 1Slow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand why halving would do much to the price outside of driving less energy-efficient miners out of business.

Doesn't Bitcoin auto-adjust the difficulty of its algorithm to average one block every 10 minutes or so regardless of how many or few miners there are?

And most of the bitcoins already exist, so this isn't an especially big supply change overall. And due to the auto-adjust, the schedule of that supply has been known forever.

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck.

So is Bitcoin about to skyrocket from the halving, or are we in for Crypto Winter? Place your bets.

SEC's interference is the main thing that warded me off of altcoins and the market at large. Really expected them to Shut It Down by now but here we are.

The halving is probably getting priced in already, months ahead.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
The halving has never been an event where the price immediately moons. Go look at some charts. Its a nothing event in the short term. Give it 6-18 months if history is an indicator of what to expect.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The US Senate didn't propose this. A member of the US Senate (known for this kind of bullshit) sent a letter to Biden about it. I don't even know if Sen Warren is on whatever subcommittee would be responsible to craft this kind of legislation.

edit: she is on the taxation subcomittee.

Let's see how her proposal goes.
The internet is filled with unbelievably gullible people pretending to be skeptics.

Star Trek Hoax GIF

1714318707633.png

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Devs for Samurai the company that runs the most effective mixer were arrested this week. Combined with that DoJ arguments about how they want to address 'crypto' moving online has been released. They're coming for your corn boys. I've been saying it for a long time, but its worth trying to understand how this stuff works because they're going to try to take it from you. Bitcoin is going to be fine, but your ability to transact freely with it is what is under attack. Store of value will exist, but without the freedom to transact that Bitcoin natively allows it hardly worth anything.

Thread worth reading

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users