Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I read it, didn't like it much. I must admit I was biased since reading he's from sell side (selling products and skinning clients) rather tahn buy side (getting paid by being right about market bets) so his perspectives on whether or not bitcoin has a future should be taken like car advice from the 2nd hand car salesman.
Yeah that's exactly how I interpreted it. He's knowledgeable like a used car salesman is knowledgeable.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Already mined 1 BTC in less than a month on middlecoin.. check it:

Middlecoin - 155KBgfcu2NbeTZfG6sq3UZM1UaGUgzPP4

That's my payouts since Dec 12th. I also took a couple days off to mine some alt coins in between. Notice Dec 20th I was paid .1 BTC
Why was I not informed of this site? I was doing LTC and now DOGE, and while the doge community is really fun, i'm a greedy bastard and would love to make some actual $. Is that 2.49Mh/s your hashrate? I'm only doing about 55Kh/s. Is it worth it?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Still don't have my mining rigs.

They sent an email out saying they would honor refund requests. I sent in a request. About a week later I didn't have any reply but my status went to fulfilled as in they are supposedly still shipping it ....

These people are criminals.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Still don't have my mining rigs.

They sent an email out saying they would honor refund requests. I sent in a request. About a week later I didn't have any reply but my status went to fulfilled as in they are supposedly still shipping it ....

These people are criminals.
butterfly labs?

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they are some shady fuckers. If you read bitcointalk.org, you'll see dozens of threads about them. Its why I feel lucky to have gotten the three jalapeno's that I did get.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Why was I not informed of this site? I was doing LTC and now DOGE, and while the doge community is really fun, i'm a greedy bastard and would love to make some actual $. Is that 2.49Mh/s your hashrate? I'm only doing about 55Kh/s. Is it worth it?
Yeah, I'm running 4 7950's in a separate rig I built. I don't think you'll get very far anywhere with 55kh/s... except DOGE was probably good for a short time. I mined like 200,000 DOGE overnight and traded it for like .2 BTC on cryptsy at it's peak.

The only reason I was paid .1 BTC and larger payments around that time was because middlecoin was mining DOGE and it was super profitable for a short period. Now I'm averaging .02 - .04 per day.

It's really easy to set up anyways, and you don't even have to sign up to a site. The username is just your wallet address and payouts go directly to that every night.

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will go to your wallet every night only if the balance is .01 BTC or above. If you are under that i think it will release every 7 days.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm running 4 7950's in a separate rig I built. I don't think you'll get very far anywhere with 55kh/s... except DOGE was probably good for a short time. I mined like 200,000 DOGE overnight and traded it for like .2 BTC on cryptsy at it's peak.

The only reason I was paid .1 BTC and larger payments around that time was because middlecoin was mining DOGE and it was super profitable for a short period. Now I'm averaging .02 - .04 per day.

It's really easy to set up anyways, and you don't even have to sign up to a site. The username is just your wallet address and payouts go directly to that every night.
Cool thanks. I really like those 7950s for bang for the buck. If I had $1k to drop on a rig, that's what i'd run too. I did middlecoin for a day, and like you said, didn't get much. I only have a decent laptop to work with right now so i'm doing doge on the GPU and primecoin on the CPU. Apparently mining the XPM and trading it for DOGE is the most profitable way for me to go right now. And today's jump in Doge helped quite a bit.

Spawn_sl

shitlord

Would you mind listing out your rig Solariss. Color me curious.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Would you mind listing out your rig Solariss. Color me curious.
I followed this guide pretty closely:

Build your own Litecoin Mining Rig, part 1: Hardware - CryptoBadger

I changed a few things:

SAPPHIRE FleX 100352FLEX-2 Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost - Newegg.com- GPU I bought. 7950's are VERY hard to find. I bought 4 of these for 250 each with a $20 rebate. They came with Radeon Gold Rewards cards that I sold on ebay for 20 bucks each. It took me sitting on Google/TigerDirect/Newegg/Amazon and refreshing them for 3 days straight to find a video card to buy. Because they quickly come into stock and are sold out even faster. Obviously Newegg has learned they can jack up the price to $450 per card and still sell them like hot cakes.

The guide is for 3 video cards, I did 4... so I got a Seasonic 1250xt on eBay.

The only other thing I bought that isn't listed on the guide is this cheap SSD:ADATA Premier Pro SP600 ASP600S3-32GM-C 2.5 - Newegg.com

I have them mounted in the milk crates just as pictured. I was worried about it at first, but it's proven to work just fine. I was having issues keeping the temps down until I stuck a box fan right behind the milk crate. My temps are now 69-75 per card and it hasn't stopped running for like 3 weeks straight now. I've had no maintenance issues whatsoever.

Here's another good link showing my stats for middlecoin:BFP - Middlecoin Info

All together I spent 1,400 for the rig... so I'm like $400 from breaking even after 1 month if you factor in the $70 increase in energy bill. This has far exceeded my expectations. However, my friend just told me they released ASIC miners for scrypt mining today.. I haven't read anything yet, but he told me they all sold out almost instantly. Bad news for GPU mining if true.

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a 70$ increase in your electric bill? Mine was $116 this month, from one card r9 280x. Usually I am around 50-60$ a month.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
At last! I FINALLY got an email requesting my bank account information in order to do my refund ... sweet, sweet money should hit my bank again in like 6 months ....

Solariss

Golden Squire
Just a 70$ increase in your electric bill? Mine was $116 this month, from one card r9 280x. Usually I am around 50-60$ a month.
That's pretty high... my cards are running at like 1,000-1,200 watts at 0.08 per kWh.. that's like $60-80. You must have ridiculously high electric rates or something.

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd think they are pretty low actually.

Tier 1 first 500 kWh at $0.018 per kWh (winter) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $9.00
Tier 2 next 500 kWh at $0.056 per kWh (winter) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $28.00
Tier 3 next 151 kWh at $0.0717 per kWh (winter) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $10.83

It's this Power supply adjustment thing thats the biggie.

Power Supply Adjustment 1,151 kWh at $0.03709 per kWh . . . . . . . . . . . . . $42.69

Whatever the hell that is.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
Power Supply Adjustment 1,151 kWh at $0.03709 per kWh . . . . . . . . . . . . . $42.69

Whatever the hell that is.
Usually that's a cost of producing power that is passed on to the consumer. If the rate changes month to month then it's probably the cost of fuel being passed on. If it remains static then it's probably a debt, or some other fixed cost of doing business, that the PSC allowed the utility to pass on to the consumer.

;tldr Your electricity cost includes that adjustment and probably always will, but it may fluctuate in the future.