Black Desert

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Was planning on leveling up this weekend but discovered a fishing hot spot and haven't been able to stop myself. I've made about 6 mil so far since yesterday evening. Pretty good for me.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Where did you farm for them? I'm not about to pay 7 mill per earring.
Man, just do the quest. Look. You can do both the Abandoned Monastery and the one from Becker once per hour, that's two Tokens per hour. On top of that, you get contribution points (which is awesome) and have a high chance of getting both a Mark of Shadow (to sell and buy a Witchs with) or the Witchs itself. There's absolutely NO reason to be farming the Witches without multitasking.

You can also upgrade the quest rings/ears.

True story, I logged in one morning and I was near sanctuary. The very, very, very first zombie I killed dropped mine.

Woolygimp

Yeah, I'm not even 55 yet. I've been reading (from my bookshelf) on my characters to gain knowlwege (they can do this offline!!!), then crafting fishing poles, armor reform level 3 stones (to sell), and beer (to sell)..

It's 300% extra EXP gain this weekend, and I'm only professional 7. I'd have been master if I hadn't forgot about the event.

Gotta quest and get those triple-float where you catch multiple fish, awesome for actual fishing!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Man, just do the quest. Look. You can do both the Abandoned Monastery and the one from Becker once per hour, that's two Tokens per hour. On top of that, you get contribution points (which is awesome) and have a high chance of getting both a Mark of Shadow (to sell and buy a Witchs with) or the Witchs itself. There's absolutely NO reason to be farming the Witches without multitasking.

You can also upgrade the quest rings/ears.

True story, I logged in one morning and I was near sanctuary. The very, very, very first zombie I killed dropped mine.
I got two witches in about 4 hours of grinding over multiple days doing that quest.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Came to post that. Completely outlandish even if it's a small #. I can't think of a single other MMO that has used this mechanic from D&D. However, people are saying that if you take a hit on HP, you get "hidden stats" boosted:
"k so this has already been answered by developers in korea. players have different values for hp and mana because we also gain values to our hidden stats. they didnt state what hidden stats are effected by this but one can assume accuracy, crit, crit damage and so on. they know how important hp is so it was stated something like "the differences are made up elsewhere and we cannot balance your hp to match other players due to unfair advantages"

Woolygimp

As a level 54 Berserker I have (1408-120) 1288 base health. My 51 warrior has 1010.

I think my Berserker is much higher than normal, I haven't seen anyone else with such high base. I don't think it's "that" big of a deal, and nobody noticed, or even suspected it, until someone came across it by accident. I think it's going to do a lot damage to the game, more than it should. They could easily fix this if they wanted.

Supposedly everyone gets a certain amount of stats per level, they're just randomly distributed. So while I have higher than usual health, my luck/crit/attackspeed/mana would be lower than usual. Someone with lower health supposedly does more damage, etc. I like this system when it's manual and you can permanently distribute stats manually, such as raising your strength/health/endurance/mana yourself (permanently, no respec).

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm happy I realized the pvp in this game was not for me. I have been enjoying the tradeskills and the world, and I will continue to do so for a bit longer.
Is this anyone else? I know this game is almost universally loved here, but I cannot stand the PvP. I'm not hard to please either, as I even enjoyed RIFT's PvP lol... but this is just some un-synched mess. If you're a ranged class you probably notice it less, but as melee it blows to finally land a stun, then have the person teleport randomly once the server finally catches my client up. I'm a tamer too, so my pet doesn't seem to work in engagements larger than 10. In the Red Battlefield it's straight up broken, and sits in one spot for weeks now while they hotfix other shiat.

I'm 55, and getting 0.001% exp a kill, so further leveling is just right out for me. The guild system is atrocious and divides larger guilds and management is a nightmare. World boss fights are laggy one shot messes, each death you lose like an hour of grinding. Same for PvP gank deaths (unless of course you spend $$$ on the lovely store!!)

Don't think there's anything left for me.

Woolygimp

I played about 10 hours of beta and decided the game wasn't for me. You guys are not alone.
Game isn't for you, but apparently the thread is. Make sense? No.

I didn't play Wildstar and I didn't lurk the thread to tell people I didn't play Wildstar, because there are better ways to spend my time. If I really was THAT bored... I'd have just played the game.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
don't feed the woolygimp.

one thing i heaven't heard much from people is how good the combat is. i play a sorc so that may be part of it but it feels incredibly dynamic to me. for example when i charge into shit it flies further than if i just whack it from standing still. mobs behave differently based on their size. reactions you get can be unpredictable. i'm probably not explaining it very well but this game is next gen for me. first one i could say that about. feels good man.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
one thing i heaven't heard much from people is how good the combat is.
This is what really does it for me in the game. Everything else is cool but if the combat wasn't so engaging I wouldn't be interested. I've never been big on the action combat stuff, play hardly any console games but the combat here is just so satisfying. I made it a point to learn the key combinations as opposed to trying to hotkey everything. I'm 100% certain if this was yet another hotbar based combat game I wouldn't be still playing it with the intent to play it for the foreseeable future. I was having a lot of fun in XIV but I enjoyed XI too, since I got into BDO on a friends advice (wasn't follow it at all) I have logged into XIV once and I'm more hooked now than I was almost 2 months ago. Gush gush gush. In addition to the combat I'm building boats and shit.

TLDR; combat is the shit.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sooooo.

Is this something guys see themselves playing long term? Is it worth buying yet?

Because I am lazy, is there end game PvE? What is the tank class,and is there a trinity?

I need an MMO!!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We'll be in it long term.

The 'end-game PvE' is more about coordinating to know about and then eviscerate bosses before everyone else shows up than it is about killing bosses skillfully. We have a pretty good setup where we work with some other guilds to learn about and then prioritize boss kills.

There's no trinity. Everyone is more or less responsible for themselves and a few classes (valk, wiz) have some support skills.

Warriors, valks and zerkers are the tanks, with Valks seeming to be the tankiest.