Black Desert

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Full red no penalities in the desert areas, if you're killed as a Outlaw you get sent to jail, which you can wait out the timer or run the gauntlet to escape.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
56 acquired, now to get this Awakened weap quest done. Hopefully I can solo it!

I've had notices in for Pri and Duo blue and Ultimate zerk awakened weaps for a few days now and never seen them listed =/

Edit: Is it a good idea to just take every Awakening skill possible?

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah.

the last part of the awakening quest gives you a 24 hour free respec token thing. For the berserker the only pre-awakening skills you really want are stats (HP, Crit, etc), Grabs, and movement skills (lava piercer, shake it off), maybe keep Beastly Wind Slash for certain situations. Also your heals if you can afford the points (preawakened Q, Shift+Q, and Wrath of Beast (hotkey)).

You basically drop all of your non-awakened attacks and pick up all the Awakened skills.

The golems will take some time solo but the entire thing is easily soloable (not true for all classes without gear), I did it on my zerker with only MH/OH equipped at 56, with 98 AP and 23 DP. Having 3 skills which practically heal you to full health is just OP as fuck for soloing PVE shit.

btw, i just found out recently but they added a combat promotion quest chain at 55 from the otters atop sarma outpost (just south of sausans, where you repair at). At 55 the quest gives 30% of the exp needed to reach 56. Not so much at 56 (like 5.3%, 2% at 57) but it's still worth doing, especially if you've grinded at sausans and have all the knowledges already. quest has you kill 500 iron mine, 500 helms, 300 elrics, 500 sausans, have all sausans knowledges complete, and requires 10 armor and 10 weapon blackstones.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
btw, i just found out recently but they added a combat promotion quest chain at 55 from the otters atop sarma outpost (just south of sausans, where you repair at). At 55 the quest gives 30% of the exp needed to reach 56. Not so much at 56 (like 5.3%, 2% at 57) but it's still worth doing, especially if you've grinded at sausans and have all the knowledges already. quest has you kill 500 iron mine, 500 helms, 300 elrics, 500 sausans, have all sausans knowledges complete, and requires 10 armor and 10 weapon blackstones.

BTW, turn the last step of the quest as far in as you can in 55. You can get about 20% into 56 if you do. I did it after I saw a video of a guy doing it on youtube to verify it actually worked, and it does.

• 1Like

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
BTW, turn the last step of the quest as far in as you can in 55. You can get about 20% into 56 if you do. I did it after I saw a video of a guy doing it on youtube to verify it actually worked, and it does.
I've been suiciding at the last 5-10% of 55 to finish quest and turn in before leveling after reading this, but should be worth it if 56 is as bad as I hear.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probably get back into this more casually. Went pretty hardcore at the start. Unfortunately looks like the class I put all my time into isn't that good at pve or pvp, more of a average, even though it still looks fun(Valkyrie).

Think when I stopped I was sitting on +15 grun set, liverto+ vangertz and some pri marks/witches. Boss armor wasn't out yet.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Valks are in a pretty good spot right now. Sure, you're gear sucks beyond measure but it's a good start.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm taking a break for Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda...but as soon as I am back into BDO, I'll make one for sure.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I had fun getting to 56 on my wiz, got my awakening weapons and man does that change up your playstyle a lot. I'll play this part-part time as it's free, but the thought of spending a lot of time at end game grinding 1000s of mobs for 0.00001% exp per minute is kind of taking the wind out of my sails. Filthy casual it is then!

• 1Solidarity

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
I built a new computer recently and wow, this game is so much better. I was barely able to get 30 fps (1080p) last time on low settings and now I can get 120 fps (I capped this at my monitor refresh) on max (except high end). I gained about 8 levels(45-53) in a matter of few days (grinding about 1 hour per day) with all of the new returning player perks. The game looks great and I can actually play it without freezing up and lagging during the gfx going off. I am going to get my sorc to 56 for an awakening and also try a Dark Knight. I joined a pretty chill and helpful guild. I like this game much more than BnS.

Edit: Forgot to add, I am just going to causally play this, I have no intention of grinding mobs to reach hardcore levels or anything like that.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I have yet to ever join a guild in this game. I probably should just for the enhancement perks but I really don't want to deal with the pvp...

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I have yet to ever join a guild in this game. I probably should just for the enhancement perks but I really don't want to deal with the pvp...

Are you concerned with war targets killing you at spawns or something?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Pretty much just that, lol. Totally unfounded I'm sure, I could join a smaller guild that is more PVE/casual focused. Just never get around to it cause I'm ultra casual player.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
There are no enchantment perks added to guilds. Were you thinking of the +3 fishing/gathering and trading perks?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So they changed it so guilds are protected from Guild Wars, until they themselves declare war on another guild. So you can join "safe" guilds which can't be wardec'd. The only pvp then is people randomly flagging on you.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I misread the word "enhancement" for enchantment. Stat boosts for guilds with max rank points is +5AP, +5 Accuracy, +100 HP, +5 Damage Reduction. Not exactly game changing, but a nice little boost.

As said before, it's possible to join a guild that can't be wardec'd, or get protection inside a guild with active wardec's, but both of those will still open you up to people flagging on you. As you saw with the Wizard that tried ganking me just before we started your XP run (wizard wasn't a war target, he just flagged, and died).

You cannot avoid PvP in BDO unless you stay at level 49.99 and never complete the quest to advance to 50, or never leave the safety of the town safe zones and just lifeskill or something.