Black Desert

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can always make one, play it for a couple hours to see how it is, then delete. If you like it, make a new one for Season a week or so later. What I'm surprised about is the lack of a pre creation event, but they are having a login reward starting the 13th, where you'll get several items. Then on the 24th, the Sage gets a free cosmetic that makes his eyes glow yellow, lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
New class looks cool. Will be interesting to see NA/EU getting it first. Usually by the time NA/EU got a class, it was mostly figured out because of koreans having it already.

Sucks no new season with it.
The current season lasts until the 31st, no? That's enough time to probably hit pen tuvala, honestly.

There's no way I don't tag Sage. I've been waiting for a male class and this homeboy looks awesome. But, it's also easy to impress with visuals. Nova looked super cool, but is actually a pile of shit (her awakening kit is getting much better, however).

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The current season lasts until the 31st, no? That's enough time to probably hit pen tuvala, honestly.

There's no way I don't tag Sage. I've been waiting for a male class and this homeboy looks awesome. But, it's also easy to impress with visuals. Nova looked super cool, but is actually a pile of shit (her awakening kit is getting much better, however).
Awakened Nova is a lot of fun. Main a sorc, kind of feels the same. But I'm a scrub, have no idea if they are any good in PvP, etc. Fun to zip around with though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm really not sure when the new Season will drop. We (NA/EU) get Sage on the 17th, global gets it on the 24th, so the timings are weird. I hope the Sage isn't as much of a key combo warrior are Nova Awakening, I like my hotkeys damnit. I think the 1000% hot time event will last til the 24th or 31st, so leveling a non-season Sage will be cake, if its a fun class that comes close to how chill my Witch plays, I'll tag/copy gear for it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Awakened Nova is a lot of fun. Main a sorc, kind of feels the same. But I'm a scrub, have no idea if they are any good in PvP, etc. Fun to zip around with though.
Awakening Nova is a pretty decent PvE grinder now, after all the changes/buffs. Succession is still pretty garbage though. And they both are pretty shitty for PvP. Then again, there really aren't that many "effective" PvP clases in Node War, even less in Siege. In fact, you play one of the few in Awakened Sorc.

I'm really not sure when the new Season will drop. We (NA/EU) get Sage on the 17th, global gets it on the 24th, so the timings are weird. I hope the Sage isn't as much of a key combo warrior are Nova Awakening, I like my hotkeys damnit. I think the 1000% hot time event will last til the 24th or 31st, so leveling a non-season Sage will be cake, if its a fun class that comes close to how chill my Witch plays, I'll tag/copy gear for it.
Apparently the winter season lasts until the 31st, so that gives you 2 weeks to get full Pen Tuvala on a Sage. Realistically, that's doable if you have lots of playtime. If all you care about is leveling and tagging, the +1000% exp is lasting until the 31st as well, which easily allows you to get leveled up to 61+.

Based on the few skills we got previewed for Sage, a lot of people are calling it "slow". I'm really hoping that is the case as I fucking love my Guardian, but I hate having to play hypersexualized female classes. Either way, there are going to be an absolute fuckton of people rolling a Sage. People are suckers for the whole Greek/Roman thing they seem to be going for with him, myself included.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. I just wanted a season. I don't really have good gear to swap over to every new class. Season lets me play without a worry about that and get a lot of decent rewards , not to mention pets, maids, weight, inventory etc. I already have a nova on this season, so iirc, I can't make another character. As all the rewards and such are a once per season thing.

I will wait to reserve judgement on its playstyle. The videos really didn't show many skills. And I think one of them was a black spirit, and the other had a cast time because it was flow that gave you 100% crit in return for the cast time. The abilities at the end of the video looked a lot quicker, the spear throw, charge + explosion.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I just wanted a season. I don't really have good gear to swap over to every new class. Season lets me play without a worry about that and get a lot of decent rewards , not to mention pets, maids, weight, inventory etc. I already have a nova on this season, so iirc, I can't make another character. As all the rewards and such are a once per season thing.

I will wait to reserve judgement on its playstyle. The videos really didn't show many skills. And I think one of them was a black spirit, and the other had a cast time because it was flow that gave you 100% crit in return for the cast time. The abilities at the end of the video looked a lot quicker, the spear throw, charge + explosion.
Well, chances are that they'll do a "spring season" probably the week after this current season ends. So, probably April 7th. I'd just hold out for the 7th if you need the seasonal gear. Any reason why you wouldn't just tag a Sage?

As far as season rewards go - pets and maids are typically handed out through the mail, codes, etc. And as far as LT(weight)/inventory goes, I think winter season only handed out like 8 total inventory slots, which isn't really shit, especially with the reworked loyalties shop. And I think it handed out a total of 50lt? Like I said, most of those type of rewards come via mail/codes/events. That might change with PA "in charge" now, but seasons are typically just a way of "catching up" from a gear standpoint, because it's a much faster way to get to "soft-cap" gear. Cash shop rewards are typically few and far between or given out to all players/characters. On top of that, maids/pets are shared anyways, so you'd already have them available on a seasonal character.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I thought about trying to game out again but it looks like they managed to delete my account in the transfer. I can log in to initiate the transfer, it shows as complete, but when I log in to patcher I get incorrect credentials. Log in to support page, says my account doesn't exist when I go to check out BDO section. CS ticket unanswered for over a week. We'll see if I get my stuff back.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought about trying to game out again but it looks like they managed to delete my account in the transfer. I can log in to initiate the transfer, it shows as complete, but when I log in to patcher I get incorrect credentials. Log in to support page, says my account doesn't exist when I go to check out BDO section. CS ticket unanswered for over a week. We'll see if I get my stuff back.

You have until the May 31st to transfer the accounts over. They will be deleted on June 1st. So it's not that.

Are you using the new launcher? And make sure on the correct BDO website to login. Make sure its the PA website and your using your PA login info, not the Kakao ones.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There will be the usual Level up event for Sage, and maybe a Level up event for a Season character (they did this with Hash), and those can have good stuff like more inventory, weight, etc. Logging in tomorrow will let you claim a special Box for the Sage. The rewards for the current Season Milestones were the worst so far, hopefully that changes. My plan prior to Sage info, was to make a Witch for Season, finish the Milestones and then just grind for Stones to sell at the end. Easy way to make a few billion casually.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New class looks cool. Will be interesting to see NA/EU getting it first. Usually by the time NA/EU got a class, it was mostly figured out because of koreans having it already.

Sucks no new season with it.

Yeah whats the deal with the new season? I pretty much finished last season on my wizard, but don't like the class, don't like casting times in this game. So thinking guardian or striker for the next season, for easy low action per minute grinding.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Not to totally derail here but its pretty confusing

So I have transferred according to Black Desert Online │ Pearl Abyss Service Starts on February 25
1615584289437.png

That included logging in to a Pearl Abyss account to complete. However when I log into Black Desert | PEARL ABYSS with those same credentials I get bad credentials. If I go to find account, it can't find anything with my information.

I'm not sure if Pearl Abyss has multiple login servers, or maybe I got snookered to giving my account info to a fake site? I dunno, shits weird. So far as I can tell I've done it right but either I'm missing something or my account is dorked up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Free Manos accessory for making 50 fruit juice with Lara in Heidel. Could be easy to miss if you weren't looking. She's got 2 other weekly quests but I can't remember what they were.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to totally derail here but its pretty confusing

So I have transferred according to Black Desert Online │ Pearl Abyss Service Starts on February 25
View attachment 341490

That included logging in to a Pearl Abyss account to complete. However when I log into Black Desert | PEARL ABYSS with those same credentials I get bad credentials. If I go to find account, it can't find anything with my information.

I'm not sure if Pearl Abyss has multiple login servers, or maybe I got snookered to giving my account info to a fake site? I dunno, shits weird. So far as I can tell I've done it right but either I'm missing something or my account is dorked up.

Um that 2nd BDO link is for SEA. You want the NA/EU one( https://account.pearlabyss.com/en-us/Member/Login )? Your trasnfer image says NA.

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Free Manos accessory for making 50 fruit juice with Lara in Heidel. Could be easy to miss if you weren't looking. She's got 2 other weekly quests but I can't remember what they were.
Also adventurer belongings for killing normal Kazarka.

I tried to Pri my Manos accessory with a 75% chance of success - failed. That was a fun loss of 200mil and reminded me again why I just sell everything and buy shit already enhanced.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded this and FF14 on my PS5. Would love to get into both of them. The time requirement for both is daunting though, so I haven't started yet. When I was a kid I had tons of time but no money or games, now I've got plenty of money and games but no time for any of them. It sucks. I might just take six months off from everything and hardcore game for 8 hours a day just so I can get through the total traffic jam of recent games I'm interested in.

Is there any class/setup method that lets you see a lot of the Black Desert world without it taking an age and a half? Same question for FF14.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded this and FF14 on my PS5. Would love to get into both of them. The time requirement for both is daunting though, so I haven't started yet. When I was a kid I had tons of time but no money or games, now I've got plenty of money and games but no time for any of them. It sucks. I might just take six months off from everything and hardcore game for 8 hours a day just so I can get through the total traffic jam of recent games I'm interested in.

Is there any class/setup method that lets you see a lot of the Black Desert world without it taking an age and a half? Same question for FF14.
For Black Desert it's called don't even bother with console. They are WAY behind on content and get updates slow as fuck. Plus, you can use the gamepad UI with PC version now.

If you want to "catch up" quick in BDO, definitely make a seasonal character. You can get to "soft-cap" gear pretty quickly that way and grind some of the lower end, "end-game" spots. If your goal is to "see it all", however, BDO is a game that takes a heavy investment. You're looking at months to get to an "end-game" level gearwise.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, season is ridiculous. My character I played for 2k hours (most afk though) around 2016 was something where I surpassed it in like 10 hours on seasonal. Plus all the giveaways and free shit you get is obscene.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I got BDO for free on console so it's no loss to uninstall it and get it on PC instead. FF14 on the other hand I bought the full edition so I'm definitely playing that on the PS5.

Not gonna lie, I mainly got BDO for all of the hot chix in the game.

Once EQ runs its course (which I think we're coming up on soon here since my TLP is reaching live) I'm gonna need a new MMO and it'll probably be one of these two. Though I'm also gonna give LOTRO a run just to see the content.

Will definitely go with a seasonal character for BDO and treat it like a regular game, 30-40 hours and out. Is Nova a seasonal? A Nova game sounds appealing, she hawt.

But wait...does seasonal mean that they rotate it? I.e. Nova is going away soon and we're getting a new seasonal character?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seasonal is just a time limited "event" with segregated servers (however, you can use your seasonal characters on regular servers, during the season).

Everything else is pretty much the same, except you get all kind of bonus shit for playing it. The only big difference is it has its own set of gear, only for seasonal characters, but it's super easy to enhance and has really good stats to take you to close to end game.

At the end of the season, you can convert the character and gear over to a normal server.