Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like you still want to go with the normal season gear upgrades if you have time, as they are slightly better. The new trade in is one time per family?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sounds like you still want to go with the normal season gear upgrades if you have time, as they are slightly better. The new trade in is one time per family?

Good catch, I totally forgot about that pen capotia item I can get from easy quest. I could be mistaken but the Tuvula shit was once per family too, right? Anyway it does nto matter since you can move all the stuff freely amongst your family members of course save the weapons. But you can get (III) Oasis stuff for 1 silver which is the power of Tuvula (IV) from that one merchant chick by Fughar just to get alts started.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So question about the [season]Morning frost flower...

I have 60 of them so I can exchange for one of the following that interests me the most... Tier 8 white horse with instant Accel or a Manos riding Crop, which would you get?

2021-03-24_674977126.png

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I have 60 of them so I can exchange for one of the following that interests me the most... Tier 8 white horse with instant Accel or a Manos riding Crop, which would you get?

View attachment 344158
How are you approaching it? If you approach it from a "what gets me the most pearl value/flower", the weapon exchange coupons are your best option, probably followed by the Gosphy. In fact, I'm not sure exchange coupons are even offered anymore in the pearl shop. If you aren't a reroller and think you'll be satisfied with your class for months, I'd probably do the Gosphy and Old Moon Book, since they tend to give those out a tad less than the Kama books. If you don't mind dropping RL money on either of those, the T8 horse and crop aren't bad, but they've been pretty reasonable with giving away T8 horses.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new armor traded in for Naru gear is NOT better than PEN Tuvala, it's just a tad worse. If falls between TET Tuvala and Pen Tuvala in quality. It's probably the "new player" gearing method though, as they also made capotia accessory rewards happen a lot earlier with the patch as well.
The Narchillan set is a bit "worse" than PEN Tuvala if you just look at sheet stats, but if you add in all the Monster Damage / Monster Damage Reduction, along with the set bonus the Narc set gets, then you can say Narc is a bit better or equal.

Now if you're happy with your PEN Tuvala, and can see no future use for the Narchillan gear, you can take 1 Narc armor piece, and 1 Narc weapon and melt them. You get a stone that will upgrade 1 Tuvala armor piece and 1 Tuvala weapon. You'll get +7 MD Reduction on an armor piece, and +7 M. Dmg on Main Hand / Awakening or +3 MD / +3 MD Reduction on the Sub Weapon.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I went farming last night and the stones and mats for Tuvula were not dropping. I killed like 2K mushrooms in the forest real quick and not one dropped. So it looks like Tuvula is out. Thank god I still have weekly quest with one of the mushroom bitches that gives me 600 tuvula stones for killing 5K shrooms. Maybe it will be enough to get my weapon and offhand to pen? Shit sucks because I cant even get the new set either since I already turned in my Naru set and sold the rest of the stones. SO I guess I have to farm it on another character. They kind of fucked people like me with making the shit not drop anymore for the rest of the month or whatever that I thought I had to farm up enough stones to pen some of my shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 344158
Tough choice. The weapon exchange coupon set is very valuable for future use, but having a T8 is also really nice. I'd take the coupons since they have the potential to save you billions at a later date.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I doubt I will be playing this at any length to farm up billions of cash for upgrades to what I already have. Im just not a long term player like that. I figure I roll up a few more classes and try them and then dip out. Maybe try some of the life skill things. Honestly the 235ish AP I can get right now is good enough to get by and this game requires too much time investment to go any further. SO thats where I am at. So maybe those coupons would be a waste, you know?

I honestly dont like their shitty gear system at end game. Rolling RNG with hundreds of your hours at stake just does not seem fun to me. I guess I could skip all that and farm shit for a year or two to get up to 270-290 with just buying shit, but honestly that does not sound fun either. the PvP in this game is the ultimate end game, but youre going against peeps that have years into this shit and im just not good enough with clicking and combos and shit, plus the gear issue is a major cockblock.

Def a cool game though. Unique among other mmos and Im glad I played it. Like I said I still have a few more months into it rolling up a few more classes to try. I already farmed up a striker this week which is like 57 now. Really cool class.

I also checked their website and they have soem cool other games coming. An open world action RPG with kinda same combat style like this game so that should be cool. Then further down the line they have a shooter RPG mmo coming that looks hella cool too. Looking forward to seeing those.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I went farming last night and the stones and mats for Tuvula were not dropping. I killed like 2K mushrooms in the forest real quick and not one dropped. So it looks like Tuvula is out. Thank god I still have weekly quest with one of the mushroom bitches that gives me 600 tuvula stones for killing 5K shrooms. Maybe it will be enough to get my weapon and offhand to pen? Shit sucks because I cant even get the new set either since I already turned in my Naru set and sold the rest of the stones. SO I guess I have to farm it on another character. They kind of fucked people like me with making the shit not drop anymore for the rest of the month or whatever that I thought I had to farm up enough stones to pen some of my shit.
You sure you were on a Season server? I've made that mistake. They won't drop on normal ones.

• 2Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah not sure, maybe not. I did do some server hopping, lol. Ill check tonight, good point and thanks!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt I will be playing this at any length to farm up billions of cash for upgrades to what I already have. Im just not a long term player like that. I figure I roll up a few more classes and try them and then dip out. Maybe try some of the life skill things. Honestly the 235ish AP I can get right now is good enough to get by and this game requires too much time investment to go any further. SO thats where I am at. So maybe those coupons would be a waste, you know?

I honestly dont like their shitty gear system at end game. Rolling RNG with hundreds of your hours at stake just does not seem fun to me. I guess I could skip all that and farm shit for a year or two to get up to 270-290 with just buying shit, but honestly that does not sound fun either. the PvP in this game is the ultimate end game, but youre going against peeps that have years into this shit and im just not good enough with clicking and combos and shit, plus the gear issue is a major cockblock.

Def a cool game though. Unique among other mmos and Im glad I played it. Like I said I still have a few more months into it rolling up a few more classes to try. I already farmed up a striker this week which is like 57 now. Really cool class.

I also checked their website and they have soem cool other games coming. An open world action RPG with kinda same combat style like this game so that should be cool. Then further down the line they have a shooter RPG mmo coming that looks hella cool too. Looking forward to seeing those.
All you need for fun PvP is knowledge/ experience. Gear is only needed for Sieges, which are a joke atm, or the higher end Node Wars. The T1 Node Wars are where are the fun is, and that is gear capped at like 220AP-240AP.

If you're not planning to play long term, then none of your choices really matter at all. The game is about building up a strong foundation for gains down the road, and to do this it will take some investment of time you're not wanting to spend (which is fine). Your current gear will let you experience most of the games PvE content in regards to grinding at least. Lifeskill is a different system that can require just as much investment for a payoff. The best thing about BDO is that is allows for a constant sense of progression, but it can be slow... too slow for some. I have always viewed as a super casual friendly game, and that is how I've played it since release.. no regrets. =)

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's a different game for sure. The gear grind can be overwhelming. But there is also a lot to do that doesn't involve much combat. Some people just life skill and have little interest in spending billions getting +1 on their combat gear. They would rather spend billions getting mastery gear.

And the ability to progress while afk is very cool. I have very little time to play games because of work. So my expensive gaming PC is just rotting at home and becoming closer to obsolete every day. To get some use for it I do afk things in BDO while at work which makes me enough to fund my gear needs. Not enough to buy pen blackstar but enough so that I can have fun when I do have time to actually go out and kill things.

And I still haven't had a chance to do any sailing but very much want to try it when I get the time.

So if you take the time to try some of the other systems in BDO, you might find something that keeps you involved. Then again, there are a ton of other good games out there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

BDO is all about incremental gainz/efficiency. You'll never really go from 235AP to 301AP without somebody sinking billions into you. But, there's a lot of fun to be had in incremental power increases. It feels really good to be able to move grind spots from Blood wolves, to Ronaros, to Aakman, etc. Allows you to see so much of the game and really feels like a good, smooth progression rather than the feast and famine many "newer" MMOs are guilty of.

That said, if leveling to max and getting close to gear cap/BIS in a month or two is your goal? Yeah, BDO probably doesn't have much staying power for you in that sense.

At 235AP though, I'd probably focus on lifeskilling for money, if you can stomach it. Lifeskilling is a lot faster way to get to 100m/hour levels of silver and would be quicker to outfit you into the 261kutum/309ish AP/DP brackets, where you have to be a total dogshit class and/or player to not pull 100m/hour+ at those gear levels. The big problem a lot of people have with lifeskills is that it's more of a mind-numbing grind than combat is. But, if you don't mind chilling to some tunes or catching up on TV/movies, it's a great alternative to gearing up for a relatively low investment silver wise.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BDO is all about incremental gainz/efficiency. You'll never really go from 235AP to 301AP without somebody sinking billions into you. But, there's a lot of fun to be had in incremental power increases. It feels really good to be able to move grind spots from Blood wolves, to Ronaros, to Aakman, etc. Allows you to see so much of the game and really feels like a good, smooth progression rather than the feast and famine many "newer" MMOs are guilty of.

That said, if leveling to max and getting close to gear cap/BIS in a month or two is your goal? Yeah, BDO probably doesn't have much staying power for you in that sense.

At 235AP though, I'd probably focus on lifeskilling for money, if you can stomach it. Lifeskilling is a lot faster way to get to 100m/hour levels of silver and would be quicker to outfit you into the 261kutum/309ish AP/DP brackets, where you have to be a total dogshit class and/or player to not pull 100m/hour+ at those gear levels. The big problem a lot of people have with lifeskills is that it's more of a mind-numbing grind than combat is. But, if you don't mind chilling to some tunes or catching up on TV/movies, it's a great alternative to gearing up for a relatively low investment silver wise.

Life skilling is good money once all setup. Once get to guru boxes and master farmer refreshing twice a day is easily over 120 million for about 20 minutes of work, add in overnight fishing and 30 minutes of gathering very easy to get 200 mil a day for less than an hour of work. Takes some time to get all setup though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Life skilling is good money once all setup. Once get to guru boxes and master farmer refreshing twice a day is easily over 120 million for about 20 minutes of work, add in overnight fishing and 30 minutes of gathering very easy to get 200 mil a day for less than an hour of work. Takes some time to get all setup though.
Bartering is also a good way to make another 40-50m/hour pretty passively as well. Lifeskilling has a MUCH higher floor and ease of entry for moneymaking than something like grinding. It just tends to have a lower ceiling, but it can also be done easily while watching TV, reading a book, afk, etc. What makes BDO so awesome is that you can interact with it in so many different ways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bartering is also a good way to make another 40-50m/hour pretty passively as well. Lifeskilling has a MUCH higher floor and ease of entry for moneymaking than something like grinding. It just tends to have a lower ceiling, but it can also be done easily while watching TV, reading a book, afk, etc. What makes BDO so awesome is that you can interact with it in so many different ways.

That's actually whats keeping me hooked. I do life skills for awhile, get bored with that start focusing on combat characters. The game does have some real challenge, no dropping a couple hundred bucks and 100 hours to get fully maxed out, like in most mmos. I did some napkin math and to buy the best gear using cash would be many thousands of $ and many hours of trusting a China man to play your account, or use pearls and its like 20k or more. So there is some real accomplishment to getting a nice upgrade.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's actually whats keeping me hooked. I do life skills for awhile, get bored with thay start focusing on combat characters. The game does have some real challenge, no dropping a couple hundred bucks and 100 hours to get fully maxed out, like in most mmos. I did some napkin math and to buy the best gear using cash would be many thousands of $ and many hours of trusting a China man to play your account, or use pearls and its like 20k or more. So there is some real accomplishment to getting a nice upgrade.
Yeah, the YouTubers and Streamers who go apeshit when hitting a PEN is real. I always skip animation when enhancing, so I was pretty fucking shocked when I hit my PEN Dande. It was kind of a, "Wait..what??! Fuck yeah!!!" type of reaction and super satisfying after having done another 5 hour session at Sherekhans with still no pot piece(35 hours and counting!). The sense of an upgrade/accomplishment in this game reminds me a lot of those early EQ days. It's the first MMO since to really capture that sense of accomplishment for me that EQ did. It's really starting to make me realize that most of that sense of "accomplishment" is mostly just time invested and not much more.

• 2Like