Black Desert

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think its a good idea, but only really works with a b2p or p2p game(ie actually consequences, like having to buy the game again). It really does nothing in a F2p game as they can just make new characters instantly. Reputation wise, especially in these types of games, where there is no real rabbid following of guilds(like you see in major raid pve scene) or teams(in e-sports), so no real effect.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
theres a lot of guilds that have been fighting each other for a long time though and its always funny to see who gets banned. Only part i loved about the darkfall relaunch was the public banning of all the guilds who accused us of rampant exploiting or hacking the first time around.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the long-time PvP guild world is surprisingly small. Much of the playerbase are basically anonymous, but we all pretty much know the guilds who have been around for a few years and anytime a leader gets banned it's a huge deal.

It's not so much that there's a following of casual players who get excited to see a celebrity get banned as much as it is the different competing guilds getting to hold it over an enemy guild for a while.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah the long-time PvP guild world is surprisingly small. Much of the playerbase are basically anonymous, but we all pretty much know the guilds who have been around for a few years and anytime a leader gets banned it's a huge deal.

It's not so much that there's a following of casual players who get excited to see a celebrity get banned as much as it is the different competing guilds getting to hold it over an enemy guild for a while.
Because the games are beyond awful terrible played by zergs.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

True, but it has to be a leader type, that has been around for a while. Otherwise it just gets ignored and swept away as a "Wayward member that we had no control over". And even then, like you said, its a very small portion of people where that "reputation" takes a hit.

I really hope this game is different. I am definatelly going to try it, but I really hope it does not have the problems AA had/has(rampant hacking, duping etc), not helped by being f2p. I understand you can't get rid of it completely, no game ever has or will, but AA was just bad compared to every other MMO I have played. Of course it wasn't helped by serious RNG upgrade/crafting system and the entire end game built around that.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
There's no indication they won't handle it the same way in NA/EU since it will be the same publisher. Naming and shaming is a big deal community wise, even without the KSSN stuff. It's always good and healthy to see shitty guilds or blatant hackers getting publicly banned. Anyway I've found a way to play the game with 300ms, which is kinda acceptable, and with the ENG patch it's almost enjoyable.
What's this about an ENG patch?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact that the french spammer hasnt bombarded the thread with fuckfaces is promising - I can only imagine the gameplay must be really fun to have distracted him this much. either that or hes working on some kind of magnum opus with this new char creation system

Vitality

HUSTLE

It's really not that small my man, you only play very select games, that's all.

A lot of the constricted sentiment being held is mainly due to the decline of the genre as well. It's the age of the McMMORPG.

Edit: To be fairly honest I think it's a matter of perspective here, for instance I've rolled with quite a few big named pvp guilds in some form or another (Havoc, Condemned, XoO (when they were actually good) PCP, TRx, **Future crew to a smaller extent** And a break off of Afterlife members. I hadn't even heard of PRX until ESO when a buddy showed me these boards. Not even in GW2 (we primarily were matched up against Paradigm and AC most of the time.)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hadn't even heard of PRX until ESO when a buddy showed me these boards. Not even in GW2 (we primarily were matched up against Paradigm and AC most of the time.)
Did you play DAoC? If you played DAoC and never heard of PRX, you were either willfully ignorant, or playing on some scrub server like fucking Bedevere or Igraine.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Did you play DAoC? If you played DAoC and never heard of PRX, you were either willfully ignorant, or playing on some scrub server like fucking Bedevere or Igraine.
Institutionally Ignorant, I think I was about 12 then, jacking off to Clarissa Explains it All my man sorry.

Edit: I'm not trying to take a dig at PRX just offering another perspective on the subject.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Institutionally Ignorant, I think I was about 12 then, jacking off to Clarissa Explains it All my man sorry.

Edit: I'm not trying to take a dig at PRX just offering another perspective on the subject.
Yeah, no worries, we all had our vices. Mine was Christina Aguilera's Dirty video.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's really not that small my man, you only play very select games, that's all.
Maybe. Those select games include UO, AC, DAOC, SB, AoC, Warhammer, DFO, GW2 and now ArcheAge. Maybe I just think of it as small because I've lived the world PvP scene for the last 10 years and the hundred or so guilds I've become familiar with seem well known and thus 'small'.

The fun thing about GW2 was that the entire NA community basically engaged each other as the servers rotated. So all the notable guilds got to know each other. I think inter-server competition is a huge part of longevity and avoiding domination by different guilds. Shadowbane, for example, was the worst game in terms of a server being dominated by a single coalation, and inter-server competition would've done a lot to curb that.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
What's this about an ENG patch?
Oh please link the ENG patch
smile.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't know what it is about Korean developers but apparently immunity timers doesn't translate well.