Black Desert

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I thought it was a korean beta

I've been watching streams of this and this is probably the best looking MMO i've ever seen graphically.
Graphics are awesome, everything else is awful. I've read they're gonna change how PvP works but I think it's the same "PvP is awesome but let's prevent ganking" stuff they're doing since kr beta. Also gameplay is still very underwhelming.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If BD doesn't fix the Karma system in NA, this game won't have a prayer against Blade & Soul. My friends are playing the game right now, and they tell me that 2 open world kills are enough to drop your Karma into the zone-of-extremely-grindy-and-painful-return-if-any.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
BnS was nice but unless they added a bunch of content there is nothing there to keep anyone playing, unless they are deeply embedded into the community or something.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I always thought the combat looked over the top in their trailers, but when you see it as it's seen in-game, it looks beyond shitty. That looks so fucking bad.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
saw the first ten seconds of this.

back to ignoring black desert. why the fuck do all "modern" MMOs have to be 1) Asian 2) a spammy nightmare for combat. 3) if said combat isn't a spammy clusterfuck,it's a lethargic whiff-fest ala Gloria Victis.
Not sure what you mean when you say asian, the character looked asian because they made it look asian, the character creation is the most ridiculous ever you can make about anything, the world itself is a lot more western medieval than anything else. If instead it's why is the game made by asian devs and why there's no more western mmos, I guess that's another issue, which more comes down to asian mmos actually make money back so they keep making them while western mmos are more or less fucking dead.

Combat doesn't look terribly good though in most videos I've seen, I'll wait to play it I guess but eh.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I get it, space is black and desolate like the desert. Then I remembered it wasn't the space combat one so I don't get it now.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone needs to make EVE but fantasy/sci-fi characters instead of spaceships.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Press Release: Black Desert West will be B2P | Black Desert Online
Black Desert will go Live early 2016 as a Buy2Play Title:

Daum Games brings Black Desert Online to North America and Europe

Highly anticipated action MMORPG will launch in early 2016 as a premium service

Amsterdam, The Netherlands ? October 14, 2015 ? Daum Games Europe today announced that it is working with developer Pearl Abyss to bring its successful MMORPG Black Desert Online to North America and Europe. To celebrate, Daum Games launched a teaser site, which went live at 13:37 CET.

Black Desert Online (BDO) is an open world action MMORPG with next generation visuals and skilled based combat that will rejuvenate the genre. Black Desert Online has the best character customization system of any game that is currently on the market. This feature allows for unprecedented detailed character creation. Its intuitive controls, beautifully designed world and extensive lore will excite both newcomers and veterans of MMO games and action RPG?s in general.

The upcoming Western release will differ in many ways from the already launched Russian and Korean services, such as the game?s balancing, progression and monetization model.

Teaser Site:Black Desert Online, the next gen MMORPG

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played the Korean version, and it's hard to really say if it's gonna be worth playing.

The combat was very spammy, I didn't enjoy it much.

The thing is everything is very complex and confusing without understanding Korean. Crafting, trading, faction with NPC etc...so it's hard to judge the game as a whole. It seemed pretty deep game though, like you can basically have faction/reputation with every single NPC individually.

When I last played the community English patch was not very complete, might be better now haven't logged in months.