Black Desert

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm still confused on how exactly to connect nodes to each and to other cities. Heck i just figured out how to get a horse and im lvl 14 atm. Some people are already lvl 50 with millions of gold and im just like how the heck?
You walk up to each node manager and click contribute to node. If you control the node you are at you can see the white lines to where the node will then connect to next (either you have it already and it's good or you don't and you will need to in order to form the chain).

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll start tomorrow with a couple of friends, we decided to go old school with pretty graphics and among them there are a couple that go nuts with crafting and housing, I guess I'll do the killing
biggrin.png

I have absolutely no idea about classes, except fr those 40 seconds videos on the website. Maybe you can clarify.

Is wizard/witch a standard ranged nuker?
Is sorceress a melee spellcaster?
Is tamer some sort of beastlord and does it go in melee or ranged like hunters in wow?
Is the valkirye a melee paladin-like class and does she heal?
Warrior is self explanatory, sword and board it seems, while berserker is more dual wield or 2 hander, right?
Is there a projected release date for the Ninja/Kunoichi?

I'm going in pretty much blind, I just watched a video on youtube that tells the 10 things you should probably know and I'll probably remember those.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
I'll start tomorrow with a couple of friends, we decided to go old school with pretty graphics and among them there are a couple that go nuts with crafting and housing, I guess I'll do the killing
biggrin.png

I have absolutely no idea about classes, except fr those 40 seconds videos on the website. Maybe you can clarify.

Is wizard/witch a standard ranged nuker?
Is sorceress a melee spellcaster?
Is tamer some sort of beastlord and does it go in melee or ranged like hunters in wow?
Is the valkirye a melee paladin-like class and does she heal?
Warrior is self explanatory, sword and board it seems, while berserker is more dual wield or 2 hander, right?
Is there a projected release date for the Ninja/Kunoichi?

I'm going in pretty much blind, I just watched a video on youtube that tells the 10 things you should probably know and I'll probably remember those.
- Yes, they are the only ranged other than Archer.
- Only played it to about level 10 but seems to be yes, and they have maybe the coolest looking Awakening weapon.
- Not to familiar with tamer but it seems to be although i do not think they have special abilities for their pet but i could be wrong. They use the same weapon as Ninja so im pretty sure they are melee.
- Yes Valk is like a Pally but with only one heal and i believe its AE, they also have the best defense in the game. (Wizard & Witch also have 1 heal)
- You are correct about Warrior and Zerker and there is no release date for any of the other updates however, they are saying we should get patches fairly fast starting in about a month from launch, but I assume Blader and Plum will get patched in first but thats just my guess.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I see a ton of Wizards/Witches at level 40. I mean almost every 5-man group has 3 of them.
They're great at farming, but man there are a LOT.

I've only grouped with one Berserker/Giant. I don't know if that's because they level slow or because they are underrepresented.

And fucking Sorcs, they can one shot mobs that take me about 30 seconds.

I'm rerolling Giant right now, because I don't want to be anywhere near level 30 by the time the servers open up the general population.

Fucking servers down.
frown.png
FML.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Anyone able to PM me a spare guest pass? I really wanted to try this but missed out on beta. Would like to try it to see if I want to purchase it or not though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone able to PM me a spare guest pass? I really wanted to try this but missed out on beta. Would like to try it to see if I want to purchase it or not though.
I would also love a guest pass if anyone has a spare, would like to try out the combat before buying. =)

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Tamers are melee, and you get your black pet at level 20. It only lasts a few minutes (can be upgraded), but the cooldown is 2 minutes, so you can basically have it out all the time. What's cool about the class is that you can combo with the pet, and at 49 (I believe) you can ride it and go to town on mobs that way.

From the limited CBT experience I had, the class felt more squishy than the sorcerer. But thing is, even with the Valkyrie and their Q (block) mechanic you have to learn your dodge rolls, or you're going to have a bad time. Awesome PvE class, but pretty limited in PvP and without the pet I guess you are fsck'ed. Think close range glass cannon.

Woolygimp

Protips for leveling. Stay in good camping spots for as long as possible. Don't be in a rush to kill purple/reds, because white's give you about as much EXP and die much, much faster.

Even in five mans, try to do mobs around your level.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I see a ton of Wizards/Witches at level 40. I mean almost every 5-man group has 3 of them.
They're great at farming, but man there are a LOT.

I've only grouped with one Berserker/Giant. I don't know if that's because they level slow or because they are underrepresented.

And fucking Sorcs, they can one shot mobs that take me about 30 seconds.

I'm rerolling Giant right now, because I don't want to be anywhere near level 30 by the time the servers open up the general population.

Fucking servers down.
frown.png
FML.
Unless you dislike the class I'd keep with the wizard/witch! There is a reason there are so many of them and so few Giants.

skylan_sl

shitlord
Unless you dislike the class I'd keep with the wizard/witch! There is a reason there are so many of them and so few Giants.
That's a bummer about the witch. I played an Archer for most of CB2 but on the last few hours I made a witch and loved it. I think I'm still going to go with her though.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Cool, I have the pre-order items available again on my account and can resend them to the correct server.
smile.png

All in all, I'm satisfied with their resolution of the issue.

Woolygimp

Wizards have two heals, and even fully specc'd into them they're rather weak.

The main one is a PBAE channel that has dubious use in PvP because the every time I cast it, all I can think is "sitting duck".

Also there's a long cooldown, greater than two minutes. Heals for about 2/3rd what a good potion heals for, and those are what keep people alive.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The potion spamming is real but with a 5-6 second cooldown and not that huge of a potion it doesn't feel bad. Plus it seems to be off the global cooldown. My Tamer is squishy as hell but with pots and dodges and crazy doomkitty eating things it is a heck of a lot of fun. Warrior is great fun as well, witch was kinda incredible but with mana issues galore. Sorceress though is just nuts. Self buffs, mostly melee but with some ranged and just a great deal of "Cool" attached to it. Fun game.