Black Desert

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there a good guide for starting path for each profession regarding what spots to buy and where to path workers and all that? The only ones I've found are more general knowledge but I have no idea what mats will be useful for specific things.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish. I will say, at least imo, make sure to have someone doing potato's right away, so you can make Beer for your workers. The potato farm is right near Velia. Also for cooking, put someone at the chicken meat farm right away, so you can get eggs. You can make boiled eggs(+1 crit, need cooking level 5+ to make it though, so make a lot of beer first). This way you have food to eat constantly, as you want to eat something every time you can to constantly raise your Health Training, which gives you HP every time you level it up.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying to spend beta learning the crafting systems but it seems like you need a decent amount of CP to really get started. The ~6 I have when I finished around Velia isn't enough to do much.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I spent my time trying to learn the different game system:

The Knowledge and Conversation system.

The Housing, Crafting, Gathering, Trading systems. They are all kinda related since they all make use of Contribution Point and Nodes system.

This game is very friendly to alts, since a lot of things shares.

Mounts
Pets
Warehouse
Housing
Workers
Nodes
Energy
Contribution Points
Knowledge
Amity (Stuff you unlock through conversation is unlocked for all characters).

I enjoyed the game a lot, had like 4 classes to 15 or so to test which I want to play...that didn't work out so sell since I liked them all...Valkyrie, Witch, Tamer and Sorceress. I'll probably be a Tamer or Witch I think.

I managed to get around 30 CP, so was able to play a bit with the node system and crafting, had 2 workers gathering and crafting.

I will second Cinge...get potatoes and craft beer. The damn workers need a lot of energy.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK how do you get from Velia to the farms right there (potato and chicken)? It's saying I need to connect nodes but there's no node manager in Velia.

EDIT: OK at the node manager farm lady if you click on node management it brings up the map only this time the 'invest' button is available.

OK time to figure out what is going on now...

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is confusing but once you get it it does add a lot of depth/complexity. You need nodes connected to be profitable. If you fight at a node you are connected to you get double the drops. If you trade within your influence chain you make 3x the profit. You get more influence by doing quests and discovering things and people. It can really cater to different playstyles and or habits, but I can foresee a pain in the ass later with having to move influance chains as you level and move on. It also seems like the type of game that if you are a jack of all trades type you will be broke, frustrated, and angry alot.

I am friggen excited now that I got a couple clues though. This might actually be worth fiddling with past the 1st month.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I just bought a bunch of real estate, hired workers and sent them to go harvest potatoes for me after which I cooked them beer.

Why is that seriously the hardest and most complicated thing I've done in a video game in years? Also, do I need a 1099-C now?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Major towns you auto have a "connection", so there is no node managment. You just have to connect those major towns to outlying areas, also connect towns to towns(for cheaper transport, higher trade money etc).

As for myself, I will have the first area's connected(fruit farm, velia for potato/chicken/pumpkins, heidel for honey/wheat) then a big gap, then branch out from Calpheon to Keplan for higher end farming bonuses. I don't see the need to connect grind nodes at lower levels, where you may spend just a few hours at most before moving on.

Probably do most of my cooking in calpheon , so just have everything shipped there by NPCs from other towns, even if its not connected.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Still having a hard time making a decision on this one. Love the focus on PvP but not sure if there is enough substance to keep it interesting. There's been several games that had some decent "ideas" with PvP that just didn't pan out. EQ2... kept making changes until is was pointless. WAR... never addressed castle flipping. Number of games primarily made open PvP scarce, fame and titles created cowards and fame hoarders, and most PvP was confined to instanced battlegrounds and war zones that segregated the community and countless players. What makes this game different or is it worth even attempting to drawn any comparisons?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This feels more like EvE individually, tbh. Big focus in logistics and managing things.

No idea in sieges or the pvp component though, not enough time in cbt to really even get up to 50 and involved in it. PvP seems more like a means to an end like I'm EvE.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So as far as optimization day 1 with the 2500 pearls you get for Conq package, if the Conq costume comes with the 10% bonus, then buy store pets, if not buy a few more pearls to get a xp costume?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You will start 4 days before cash shop is even open :p Going to be hell those first 4 days.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Played a bit over weekend and had fun. I play pretty casual these days, is the Explorer's pack worth the extra $20 over the Traveler's? horse, horse whistle, and pet seem to be the biggest incentive for me. Are they worth $20? I never got a horse in beta so don't know anything about taming.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm at work so I can't check the exact price, but I think a pet is like $9, and the Whistle is like $10. Horse is not available in the store, so that's just value for time invested I guess.

You also have the extra character slot, the weapon skin, the partial skill resets, furniture coupons etc.

So yes it's a decent value.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Had a lot of fun in the beta especially at the end, but...
Can you really not just /duel a player anywhere? Kinda ruins my dream of setting up a Mortal Kombat tournament on Illya Island.

Is Rerolled planing on forming a guild up in this game, the Guild system seems awesome, you get a paycheck in a guild !

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now my problem is the class I really wanted isn't in game yet. Should I level Tamer on release to get weapon skilled up for when Kunouchi gets released?
If the game gets shipped with the CBT2 client and if you care about minmaxing there's absolutely no reason playing anything else than Ranger and Witch / Wizard. For some reason they're implemented a diminishing returns system where when you CC someone he then gets immune to any CC for 5s. Therefore, classes that don't rely on CC to do significant DPS get a huge advantage to classes that do. More explanationhere.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Correct. it's supposed to be tied to awakining patch, because dps gets so high. Not sure how/why it was in Cbt2. Hopefully just a mess up. Granted I don't care much, as I don't play this game for 1v1 pvp(if I want 1v1 I play BnS).