Black Desert

Blackwulf

N00b
Guys, do I need to be stressed about rushing to grab land/property/nodes type things? I mean is there going to be a land rush or is it all instanced? I really need to read up more on this thing. Sounding really cool.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can someone give me a rundown of shit I need to know. I only got up to level 17, but on launch I'll probably try to rush up to max level. Namely how do you tame a horse.
biggrin.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys, do I need to be stressed about rushing to grab land/property/nodes type things? I mean is there going to be a land rush or is it all instanced? I really need to read up more on this thing. Sounding really cool.
All instanced, so no need to do a land rush.

Can someone give me a rundown of shit I need to know. I only got up to level 17, but on launch I'll probably try to rush up to max level. Namely how do you tame a horse.
biggrin.png
[Black Desert Online] Guide: Everything Horses - YouTube

Watch that and all his other guides, they are pretty well done and do a good explanation for systems.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Easiest I found to taming a horse was to keep getting close till you get the horse moved to where its back is against the wall basically. This lets you get closer and can tame faster. I was able to lasso and then just walk up to him give sugar cube a couple times and mounted. Very satisfying feeling after taming him since I failed so many times before. I was jumping the gun on when to press the space bar to fight him.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well if true this kind of sucks, it says you only get preorder weapon skin and costume on one character. That means my Kunoichi likely won't get the option?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm thought they were both for "all characters" but only the ones available at release(ie not usable on future classes).

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
"Do I get a unique costume for all available classes or only one costume for the character of my choice?"

-The unique costumes are meant to distinguish those who decided to support us by pre-ordering the game, from those who haven't. You will only get a unique costume for a single character, of your choice. You will not get a unique costume for each class. "
Costumes will look as shown in the picture below. Some classes' costumes are in the process of being designed and will be revealed as soon as possible.

from the faqPre-order Black Desert Online

skylan_sl

shitlord
I only played the beta weekend, but it looks like you can do everything at your own pace which is huge for me. I played Archeage and it had so much potential but it was kind of ruined for me when all of the land had been grabbed up before I even got out of work on the first day (not to mention the p2w, but totally different issue). Obviously there's going to be people that will rush and play 24 hours a day so they can be the first to sell a bunch of stuff and hit 50 and grab the farm spots and what not, but I can deal with that.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Recently publishedInterview with Developers.

The future updates will not only be vertical (Higher level cap, advanced hunting ground, etc.), butalso horizontal, introducing new play patterns through new features like maritime trade, maritime gathering, hunting grounds for parties or guilds, and so on.
Adventures and fierce guild wars in Black Desert are strongly established on an open-world system. Some special content might need to utilize an instance dungeon system, butwe are not going to add a repetitive instanced dungeon, where the sole purpose is getting rewards.
Also, for folks looking for a good guide to read before launch, check out theBlack Desert Bible. It's pretty extensive and demonstrates how the various systems interact. (ie How picking your constellation at character creation can influence NPCs, for instance.)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Server Structure at Release - News & Announcements - The Black Desert Online
So devs are still wondering about server names? Ridiculous situation - Page 2 - General - The Black Desert Online

I have received confirmation that the server names for launch will be the same as CBT-2, although the channel names could change.

[NA Server]

Edan
Orwen
[EU Server]

Alustin
Jordine
So any RR guilds being organized for this? PRX is going strong into BDO with a PvP focus (best part of the game anyway) and any poster in RR who wants to PvP is welcome to join. Not sure what server we'll be on.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just like Kedwyn says. Just be sure you know what you're getting into. PRX is a competitive and organized guild. We don't have playtime requirements, just PvP discipline requirements.