Black Desert

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm interested in how their server structure is set up, because if it's anything like B&S, they could have 16 channels and it wouldn't make a difference.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's much different then BnS. BnS was probably like ~100ish in a channel. Where as these channels are like "mini-servers". No hard numbers obviously but consider this when sieges happen they only happen in 1 specific channel(was channel 1 in KR). These sieges are for multiple cities/nodes with multiple guilds fighting for them @ 100 people per guild in just that channel. These channels cover the whole world(remember no instances), so probably looking at much bigger numbers per channel(Should be well over 1k per channel).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As in too crowded and not enough space for everyone to have their own little world? I could agree, competition will be stiff but that will also be on players a lot since everyone goes to the same camps to grind. Hopefully people realize grouping up to grind is actually better but past history tells me people are idiots.

Will see how it works out. Staggered headstart should help somewhat.

Happy medium is good for me, enough where its not extremely stifling cause too many people but also not where its like only 100 people per channel only.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
My main concern isn't about competing for mobs (though that will of course be an issue), it's whether or not the servers will be able to handle the first two weeks of a game. Publishers always underprepare for NA/EU launches, and it forces them to add more servers that end up completely dead 1-2 months later, but if they don't add more servers, that stops people from giving the game a shot, some of whowouldstick around after those first two months.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I blame most of that on gamers. Who all try to pile in a few servers and ignore the rest.

Hopefully with a setup where there is only 2 "servers" and then just how ever many channels you need, they don't have to worry about things like that.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm actually really fucken excited for this. Haven't played an MMO in about 2 years! This or The Division I'm hoping to sync some hours into!

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Same, I haven't played an MMO in quite a while but I'm pretty interested in all of the different systems in this game. Looking forward to Sunday night!

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm asking a quick question, because I can't read 18 pages right now: is this any good in PvE? Will I absolutely need a large guild? Presuming I won't care about PvP at all, is it worth spending any money on it?

Thanks in advance.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm asking a quick question, because I can't read 18 pages right now: is this any good in PvE? Will I absolutely need a large guild? Presuming I won't care about PvP at all, is it worth spending any money on it?

Thanks in advance.
From what I gather other then summoning bosses with scrolls with your guild. There is no typical end game 'raiding pve' I could be wrong as I haven't played only watched videos etc. (dont want to spoil the experience of logging in for first time with beta)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Thanks in advance.
It depends what you want out of pve to be honest.

There are no dungeons and no raids. So no need for a large guild, or for any guild to be honest.

The core of the pve experience is in the game various game system...the FarmVille aspect of it if you will. If you do enjoy that then there is a lot to do and to keep you busy for a long time as all the system have a long grind associated with them. It's not something you'll master in a day.

PvP is mostly avoidable as there is zero benefit to killing a non flagged player, and very harsh punishment for doing so.

I'm actually playing the game only for the pve, I'm planning to avoid pvp as much as I can, but then again I enjoy the FarmVille aspect of it.
smile.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Aside from the above. There are boss scrolls that drop and you can save them up, do most of the solo or grab a friend or few and go do them. Everyone gets loot and it is like killing bosses in a dungeon but without all the trash and bullshit setup.

I wouldn't say the PVE is deep. I would say it is pretty satisfying. There will likely be quite a few buddy keys floating around after launch for a 7 day trial.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Thanks in advance.
To expound, PvE is like UO. Mobs are more there for resource extraction than the difficulty itself. It's an efficiency model, rather than a difficulty model--more about how quick and efficient you can burn through mobs. The combat is action oriented and skill based, so there is probably going to be a VERY large range of efficiency. And that will separate mediocre players from really good ones--not being able to defeat mob X but rather a great player can kill 50 of mob X while a mediocre one can only kill 10 in a given time period (And so the great player is able to grind more experience, and resources. Since there is only a soft level cap, the carrot is always there for this). Even the huge bosses you CAN summon are mostly damage sponges, and DPS checks (Ensuring you have enough people working together to take them).

So all of PvE, as others have said, is really a backdrop from the sandbox economics aspects of the game; many money, build power (Mostly to fuel PvP expenditures it seems). IMO it is a perfect system for a sandbox game but it's not at all them park oriented (Where it is about the challenge of taking a boss/dungeon down)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's how all PVE in PvP centric games should be (not saying BDO is necessarily PvP centric, but that's how we're playing it). I hate being the third man in when a dude is just trying to grind and the only thing I need to do to help an NPC kill him is interrupt his casting. And I hate interrupting an entire raid of enemies by messing with their MT. This got to be especially true in ArcheAge where pretty much all the big raids were very interruptible and the endgame centered around not defeating the enemy, but killing bosses while they were distracted.

In PvP games, NPCs should be loot pinatas you get as a reward for PvP.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm still on the fence but this is the first game where I actually enjoyed melee combat. I didn't get to try any ranged though.

Currency not being able to be traded, and therefor effectively likely killing a lot of bot potential + there being so much to do in the world has me kind of excited.. I'm not a huge fan of PvP unless with a guild (ayy PRX) but there seems like a lot of shit to do other than that.