Black Desert

Raes

Vyemm Raider
To expound, PvE is like UO. Mobs are more there for resource extraction than the difficulty itself. It's an efficiency model, rather than a difficulty model--more about how quick and efficient you can burn through mobs. The combat is action oriented and skill based, so there is probably going to be a VERY large range of efficiency. And that will separate mediocre players from really good ones--not being able to defeat mob X but rather a great player can kill 50 of mob X while a mediocre one can only kill 10 in a given time period (And so the great player is able to grind more experience, and resources. Since there is only a soft level cap, the carrot is always there for this). Even the huge bosses you CAN summon are mostly damage sponges, and DPS checks (Ensuring you have enough people working together to take them).
Actually, there is an extremely small range of efficiency. And the largest part of that range is dps (AP) and class. Running into a group of mobs and spamming 1 or 2 abilities doesn't require any skill.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Actually, there is an extremely small range of efficiency. And the largest part of that range is dps (AP) and class. Running into a group of mobs and spamming 1 or 2 abilities doesn't require any skill.
PvE in UO was pretty damn hard. Dragons, Wyrms, Balrons etc. could instantly smite you, and sometimes there wasn't a god damn thing you could do about it. 7x GMs could go into an orc camp alone and get killed if they weren't extremely careful. Going down to the bottom level of any dungeon? Bring friends.

On top of all this, there was the fact that somebody could pop in at any time and fuck with you...

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm reading official forums and reddit, there's a lot of self-proclamed "harcore PvP" guilds going on Black Desert not knowing anything about the actual karma system. They're talking like going around, camping grind spots on every channel, telling people who's boss. This game is gonna make a lot of people sad.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I would be interested in seeing some hardcore PvP guilds doing castle sieges. They can't be worse than ArcheAge.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm reading official forums and reddit, there's a lot of self-proclamed "harcore PvP" guilds going on Black Desert not knowing anything about the actual karma system. They're talking like going around, camping grind spots on every channel, telling people who's boss. This game is gonna make a lot of people sad.
Maybe they want to be outlaw guilds?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe they want to be outlaw guilds?
I've seen a lot of them in EU Archeage, they don't really care about PvP, they're just organized farming hives and whenever they're not in a 50 man raid they run as soon as there's PvP going on. Most of their players still had less than 100 HFK in Archeage after the first month, they were just running tradepacks and fishing boats. They don't care about fun PvP, they emphasize about being the most fully geared group around at some point. I was in a 10 man active guild and I had about 1k HFK within the first two weeks while their top players had less than 100 kills, and I'm talking about 100-300 man guilds.

Woolygimp

Whaaaaa, people don't play how I like to play.

rrr_img_127490.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it's too late to get the 'start first' version, so March 3rd it is :*(

Woolygimp

Looks like it's too late to get the 'start first' version, so March 3rd it is :*(
I may have a lot of shit going on in the next week. Grandma's dying, having problems with finding a new home for my dog, friend is getting out of jail after doing 5 months, and some other shit. I could sell you my conquerors package if I won't be able to play.

I'll know by tomorrow afternoon.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Damn, went to pre-order when I got home and they ended pre-orders for the headstart. Sucks because I have off the 29th, 1st and 2nd. Fuck

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't think it really matters that much. This game is just weird with the rules and such. They went out of their way to make the NA/EU release a non grief / first to endgame doesn't win game. Or at least they tried to.

Players will figure out how to game the system pretty quickly. But for now, there doesn't appear to be much of an advantage for playing early other than the free stuff we get for all the $'s we put out.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Extremely excited that controllers are plug and play. Can't fucken wait! I can't remember the last MMO that was triple A and had a HUGE open world with no loading screens. WoW is the only Triple A one I can think of. No fast travel as well. It will be annoying some times but damn it's going to be immersive when traveling in this game!

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Don't think it really matters that much. This game is just weird with the rules and such. They went out of their way to make the NA/EU release a non grief / first to endgame doesn't win game. Or at least they tried to.

Players will figure out how to game the system pretty quickly. But for now, there doesn't appear to be much of an advantage for playing early other than the free stuff we get for all the $'s we put out.
Only reason I wanted the preorder was because I am free those three day of the headstart hah. In any case I am happy that there is no fast travel

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Only reason I wanted the preorder was because I am free those three day of the headstart hah. In any case I am happy that there is no fast travel
Yeah I missed it just barely as well, and I have tomorrow off QQ. Hey Tuco, can we still use you as a reference to get in (again) to PRX? I suppose I was booted for inactivity when GW2 became dull to me.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll be missing the early access too. I'll be curious to see how the game pans out over the next couple of weeks. Since I can't come in on the rush, I think i'll wait a bit before I buy-in.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PRX is rolling on Edan. Any other people/groups here going to the other server? If not, any problems with making Edan the official BDO server?