Black Desert

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey I'm a bit confused. Do I keep doing quests and shit? or do i just go kill stuff? The quests are unbelievably bad but I keep feeling like i need to do em?? Or should I just follow main quest and fuck all the rest off?
As far as I understand, the quests are the main way to get contribution points which you absolutely need, and quests also reward inventory expansion.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As far as I understand, the quests are the main way to get contribution points which you absolutely need, and quests also reward inventory expansion.
Grinding gives you experience. Quests gives you SKILL POINTS, SKILL EXP, and other things, which are basically AA points in EQ. You can be level 50 and have 300 skill points, or you can quest to 50 and have double that. Your call.

I want some crimson dye. My berserker looks so badass in his costume with some shitty brown dye...

Woolygimp

I'm loving Giant a lot more than I did Wizard. Spin is basically the damage of a meteor storm, every 10 seconds, giving you super armor, and allowing you to move around for about six seconds. Then there's charges, jumps, grabs (you can grab someone and leap off a clip), and a bunch of other fun stuff that's a lot more engaging than Wizard, and I seem to be doing a LOT more damage.

I don't know how Wizards are going to get any spells off in PvP without their cast speed buff which has a very long CD.

Only difference is I actually have to buy potions. I never had to buy any with Wiz. Mana Absorb gives you full mana (and mana orb), and you can just heal yourself.

The warriors I group with are always like... "
frown.png
" They can't kill a pack of 12 mobs with one ability.

(At level 30, do the Delphe Knight Black Spirit Quest) and you'll get your weapon upgraded from 14-18 to 25-29. You get an Ultimate Basteer Weapon with 2 black stones.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game has definitely exceeded my expectations so far. Aside from the combat being extremely well done, there is a surprising amount of depth to this game.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Which classes are good for farming? Was interested in having a Blader as my main but since it's not in the NA version at release, I was thinking of playing a class that's decent at farming so I can better equip my Blader when the time comes.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game has definitely exceeded my expectations so far. Aside from the combat being extremely well done, there is a surprising amount of depth to this game.
This game eats depth for breakfast!

Maybe. Not sure. It's certainly complex, it remains to be seen if those interactions are rewarding or just obnoxious. Maybe I missed it but already I'm kind of puzzled by the trade system - I couldn't find anywhere to search for an item in the sell list to see the pricing, so I guess you have to scroll through hundreds of items?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Which classes are good for farming? Was interested in having a Blader as my main but since it's not in the NA version at release, I was thinking of playing a class that's decent at farming so I can better equip my Blader when the time comes.
Tamer wizard and ranger in no particular order.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Having a great time with sorcerer.. such a fun and action packed class to play... soo squishy though, I'm really chewing through the potions.. I fought one strong enemy and it would do 70% of my life per hit so I had to kite it with my weak RMB attack.. took around 5 minutes to kill... for most packs though, teleport in, claw claw everythings dead.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I sometimes wish I could stream because I get in betas and shit that people want to see. Wasn't Win10 supposed to have some builtin xbox app bullshit for that?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
My horse is named Trigger Warning.

huehuehue

Only took them 3 days almost to get me the items.

edit: Also, riding mounts in this game is super amazingingly satisfying. Seriously the best in any game ever.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a lot of fun. I was 15 Sunday night, now I'm 16 after playing 4 hours tonight and 4 hours Monday night. Did nothing but gathering quests, processing quests, fishing quests, trading quests and some cooking....barely got a level....but now have about 50 contribution points, 6 houses, 2 for lodging, 1 residence for cooking, and 3 for storage. It's gonna take me forever to level in this game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm having a lot of fun. I was 15 Sunday night, now I'm 16 after playing 4 hours tonight and 4 hours Monday night. Did nothing but gathering quests, processing quests, fishing quests, trading quests and some cooking....barely got a level....but now have about 50 contribution points, 6 houses, 2 for lodging, 1 residence for cooking, and 3 for storage. It's gonna take me forever to level in this game.
I joined a 5 person party and got 3 levels in an hour to hit 28 in a really heavily camped area. I think high speed aoe with lots of people to force faster respawn way outweighs being alone to grind it seems.

Woolygimp

If anyone needs advice on how to level your Wizard for PvE grinding, just ask.

Generally, Lightning, Residual Lightning, and Chain Lightning are your go-tos. Freeze is good. You only need 1 point in Mana Absorb, and you want to stay the fuck away from fireball.

After that grab shield, heals, and protected earth. Don't bother with the cast time increase until you start PvPing. Damage is far more important and being able to Lightning a pack of mobs down in two spells is more important than 10% faster casting.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Questions:
1. How's the game?
2. Available on Steam? If not, easiest way to get it.
3. Available for Mac (my PC has been acting up)?
4. min reqs for the game?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Questions:
1. How's the game?
2. Available on Steam? If not, easiest way to get it.
3. Available for Mac (my PC has been acting up)?
4. min reqs for the game?
1. Good if you want an old school 'figure shit out yourself' kind of game
2. Not that I know of.
3. Hahahahha. No.
4. I don't think mins will be bad to play it, but I will tell you on medium settings the game chugs my 550 ti with 4gb ram when I zoom in or with certain spell gfx/crowded screens. Granted older card, but I wasn't expecting it to crush it like it does. But the detail, it's completely understandable. I think this game would properly skullfuck most laptops or basic e-machine type PCs, though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
all this waiting is giving me aids, definitely playing Giant though. I'm very excited going into this game, either I hype myself up too much or it's actually good. So far everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about it at least.

Should I spend the extra 20$ and get the explorers package or is it not really worth it?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
all this waiting is giving me aids, definitely playing Giant though. I'm very excited going into this game, either I hype myself up too much or it's actually good. So far everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about it at least.

Should I spend the extra 20$ and get the explorers package or is it not really worth it?
Inquiring minds need to know.

Woolygimp

Inquiring minds need to know.
It's good if you can stomach the fact there's no end-game raiding.

Questing is as good as WoW vanillas. There's grinding. The game has a lot of depth. There's no max level.

Just no raiding. Better, deeper, more open sandboxy version of B&S. Takes a bit of effort to build a character and you can gimp yourself. Might want to look up some templates before you start putting points down.

Tons of fun mechanics too. You can get kicked off your horse if you don't balance yourself, and even fishing is kind of amusing. The game is set to where you never want to log off, there's always something you can be doing AFK. For instance, clearing your inventory grabbing a fishing pole and going to the dock. If you get a bite and don't play the mini-game in 5 minutes, you automatically catch a fish. So you can level up fishing, get some silver, and do some dailies while AFK.

Then you buy houses to lodge your workers while they mine quarries, forests, farms, and other things that you've discovered and connected to in the world. Mounts are a thing too... the world is so big that you're
frown.png
:emoji_nose: if you don't have a mount available.