Black Desert

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A friend told me: "I can craft shit, but I can't trade it to guildmates or friends, so where is the difference between this and Skyrim?".
It's a soloing game, except if you like PvP, in which case it becomes an exploiting game or a "bigger guild wins" game. The solo part is quite good, I admit, but it's not really a cooperative environment. I like it, but not praise it.
People like your friend crack me up. "I can't trade, so game is single player!"

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
where is the difference between this and Skyrim?
In Skyrim you can't do anything with other players around you, grouped with you, playing with or against you. Your friend has a point about Black Desert trading / crafting limitations, but he demonstrated it quite poorly.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Level 50.5 Sorc and I'm pretty much done. I really didn't read into the unholy level of grind that this game becomes but it was fun getting to 50 at least.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Are they releasing Mediah or is it just the Node Wars?

I've been taking my time on this. Ground out to 36 in the Contaminated area, then went back and started hitting up quests I missed. Apparently a setting got turned off at some point and after I passed through the Harpy castle I stopped seeing people with quests. Turned it back on and suddenly I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on.

Edit: I guess it is Mediah:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 35 now, this game has way too much to do, and I mean that in a good way.

I have 5 alts. Been using their energy, I'm up to around 120 now, to do conversation and unlocking basically everything. I'm done with the Belanos region. Started with Serendia now, almost done with Hidel, unlocked a bunch in Glish also. I have to do all the farms and Guard camps.

I went back to Belanos with my main, and had so many quests available that were unlocked...it's almost ridiculous. It will probably take me days only to do those quests.
smile.png

I've also unlocked every piece of knowledge in Belanos except for some related to the islands which I haven't really explored yet. Still gathering materials for a fishing boat.

I started crafting the Costumes. I made the Processing one, +1 movement speed, +5% processing XP, and + 1 level. I should be able to make the Alchemist one today. Now collecting flax for 3 others. I need to find somewhere to farm cottons for the last 3.

I have about 10 workers working for me now. I have about 300 beers on me, and over 1000 potatoes in the bank. I also made good feed for my 3 pets. I have about 100 on me. Nothing left in the bank though. 1 afk night of fishing, and 30-60 minutes or so of farming meat easily gets me 50-75 feed which last me a week or two if I remember to put my pets away when not hunting.
smile.png

I know a lot of the side activities are not for everyone, but the amount of content in this game if you enjoy all aspect of it is simply insane. No MMO, or as far as I know no game has so much stuff to do.

I'm really looking to levelling a new character once I have unlocked everything. It's gonna be really cool to level and have all these quests unlocked already. My guess is there are more locked quests than there is available.

Also notice that some quests are gender locked, since at some point I was unlocking conversation with a female character and ran out of energy, and switched to a male and couldn't see the quest I needed to unlock. I thought maybe I was mistaking, so I relogged on the female and the quest was there. Logged another female alt, and sure enough the quest was there. I'm wondering if I missed others like this.

This game is hitting all the right buttons for me.

I don't really care about the Mediah update right now, since I am probably still weeks away from finishing the Calpheon content which I just started on this weekend. Although, I'll probably unlock a few nodes for my trade empire.
smile.png

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider

I've been taking my time on this. Ground out to 36 in the Contaminated area, then went back and started hitting up quests I missed. Apparently a setting got turned off at some point and after I passed through the Harpy castle I stopped seeing people with quests. Turned it back on and suddenly I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on.

Mediah Expansion Features:

+ World size increased by 30%
+ Over 1,000 new quests
+ Kzarka - An enormous boss that can take on hundreds of players at a time
+ New guild missions, including special bosses that drop formidable weapons
+ Crimson Battlefield - Instanced 40v40 skirmishes that players can queue for in groups of five or solo
+ New weapons and more powerful armor set
+ Craftable Alchemy Stones allow players to apply Attack, Defense, or Life bonuses to their equipment
+ Equipment can be enchanted to higher levels

Sucks no mention of new classes. Apparently the KR release included the Blader.

skylan_sl

shitlord

I did the same exact thing. Only combat quests were obtained starting from level 1 for me. When I did beta , all quests defaulted to on so I never had to mess with anything. I'm 34 now and just hit the wall in western Serendia with all the harpies. Turned on the quests and went back and now I'm really overwhelmed and my quest log is full
frown.png
. I am getting a shit ton of contribution points though which is nice because I just finished my first boat and I'm going to connect all the islands.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Red Face has their shit together. It's so great being able to join a specific instance, with your entire guild, and knowing that you can go into any specific farming spot and either join one of the many farming groups or that you'll be safe because if someone infringes on those spawns they'll have to contend with the entire guild. I made more in one day with them than I did with a week in PRX. The elite players weren't concerned about solo-farming and loot, and will invite guildmates without hesitation without caring how geared or fast that person is at farming. Just very well run and these guys know how important PvE control is to win the PvP side of the game.

We had a two Zerker, two Ranger, with a Wizard healing group.

Btw, I made this post in the Wizard forums.

Why are Wizards so addicted to AP? Defensive AP Support Option. - Wizard/Witch - The Black Desert Online

I currently have three 50's including a Wizard, and a 52 (almost 53 Giant). As a Giant main, I look and I see every Wizard stacking AP mindlessly like it's heroin. In group PvP, every giant or disabling class will be coming after you, and if they land a grab, you are going to die.

Every class in the game can do damage. You say "our AOE damage" and I say Rangers. Wizards shine in that they have the best AoE knockdowns, utility, and support spells period. Meteor can do 0 damage, and be a great spell because of it's status effect. Same with lightning.

At this moment you can pick up a (PRI: Shrine Guardian) +7 DP +30 hp ring for 400k, and if you were to buy a (PRI: Mark of Shadows) +7 AP ring it'd cost about 25 mil+. You can kit out a 180-200DP kit relatively cheap, and you'd be extremely difficult to kill with mana shield (almost impossible) and very hard to kill without it up. Your heals do not scale with AP, so you're going to be very, very effective at wasting your opponent's time due to teleport, freeze, and other defensive options.

Sure, you won't be the Arena champion, and you won't win any 1v1s (you won't lose any either). But this is a guild/group based game, and the Wizards that go down the DP road may be very underestimated and effective than people think, with a LOT more cash in their pockets to upgrade in Mediah.

Are there any 53s+ who have a DP based support build and are planning on using status effects, utility, and heals to be a force multiplier instead of praying to get two spells off before dying? I'd like to hear from you.

If you do go the DP route you will also likely have 100+ mil for Mediah that you wouldn't have had. Does anyone have any objections, and if not, why isn't this option talked about more?

We're all theorycrafting at this stage, but I'd much, much prefer a 180dp/90ap Wizard in my 5 man compared to a 180ap/90dp, because a dead teammate does me no good. Then again, I started playing my Wizard because of their healing abilities specifically, not their damage, but unfortunately fell in love with my Giant.
Recommend every person who likes playing a healer/support in other games, or any Wizard who isn't at the cutting edge of gear development to take a look at it. It's better to go pure DP than an AP build as a Wizard if you actually want to really contribute and support your group/guild. DP Wizards are going to be amazing.

Woolygimp

I also want to apologize to Draegan. I was able to get a Liverto axe, allowing me to get rid of the awful Saiyer Knot every Berserker uses for accuracy in exchange for Oros. I am tearing through almost every class I run up against 1v1 except Rangers. The grab RNG is annoying, but people will have resistance's regardless so the desync issue really isn't that big of a deal. Supposedly some of our abilities should be providing 80% damage reduction, and aren't, and that has me more worried.

Giants are a sleeper class. Not only are they the strongest PvE farmers in the game, but they're going to be extremely good in PvP. I fought a 2v1 vs a 52 Wizard/Sorc combo who jumped me, and I killed the Sorc simultaneously with the Wizard, while Frenzied Destroyering the Wizard because he teleported behind me while I was comboing. It only took a couple of hits and he died. If people aren't terrified of Berserkers B-lining towards them, they will be once group PvP comes out.

PRX isn't a bad guild by any means. They're very organized when it comes to the guild PvP aspect of the game, they just aren't nearly as organized when it comes to PvE. I think it's a good guild to join, and I personally brought 3 members/friends into the fold and recommend the guild to anyone here. The average age is 40ish, which is a bit older than I'd prefer. But I think one of the members does support ISIS. Being absolutely serious.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Everything I've read has said that DP does not scale nearly as well as AP and as such DP builds tend to be pretty useless. Admittedly I don't have any experience to back this up and the issue may not even be relevant until gear levels not yet available.

Woolygimp

Everything I've read has said that DP does not scale nearly as well as AP and as such DP builds tend to be pretty useless. Admittedly I don't have any experience to back this up and the issue may not even be relevant until gear levels not yet available.
In the current content, this is not true. DP actually outscales AP as it provides evasion and if your opponent doesn't have enough accuracy their damage just plummets. In Mediah, this MAY change as offense becomes a bit more powerful. But it's kind of just hearsay that AP>DP because there are no hard numbers and defensive builds are not popular with Koreans.

If you can reach 180DP+, you are almost impossible to kill by any single player unless you have a stroke at your keyboard.

It doesn't really make sense to do this with any class except Wizards (heals don't scale with AP, and Meteor doesn't have to do damage to cause an AoE knockdown, speed buffs, and the fact they'll be focused first) and Berserkers. I'd argue that you shouldn't go pure DP on Berserkers because you become nothing but someone who runs around using three grab abilities which are very unreliable. Better to have a good bit of damage so that you have lay on the AoE melee damage and really cause some chaos.

If I played Wizard, I'd go pure DP and play support because it's a playstyle I like. It's totally viable because you bring an enormous amount of utility without having to do any damage. I really think the guilds that realize this and employ Wizards in this capacity are going to have a huge advantage.
Pure AP Wizards are one the goofiest builds I've ever seen and are basically just POM Pyro mages. Once you can survive that burst, it's GG. Rangers are always going to be better at doing AoE damage. AP/DP balanced Wizards will be fine and probably the most popular build.

A lot of the assumptions from Korea have turned out to be flat out false. Not all of them, but some of them just boggle my mind. They're a different culture and play a little differently, so I'm really not going to put stock into "well this stat is better than X" until there's solid testing behind it like this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesert...s_results_and/

Woolygimp

Btw, anyone who didn't know you can get serious bonuses just from having titles. I currently get +3% experience (can be as high as +12% experience!), +2 luck, and +3 energy from having 100+ titles.

Spend a couple hours and get the +3% to experience. After a couple month of fishing you'll have +6%. If you're insane you can go for the +12%.

Black Desert Online: Titles - Orcz.com, The Video Games Wiki

http://i.imgur.com/3AF6iH8.jpg

Get payback on all the bees...!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Red Face has their shit together.
Is your Red Face the same guild that's been going aroundexploiting Bossesandkarma system?

Since Mediah is tomorrow your DP build doesn't really matter versus +20 enchant lvl55 sorcs / rangers, you'll get mauled by geared people and you'll do both crap damage and healing. Also DP is rumoured to have a soft cap, as well as damage modifiers ignoring DP. If you wanna do small scale group PvP (let's be crazy here) wizards/witches hit like trucks with their AoE and bring nice CCs on the table. They heal like shit, their healing spells require to either stand still for 3s and wait a minute to activate it again or hit a +20% hp every 10 seconds. They have no sustain heal, shield party mechanics[corrected]group wise. They bring so much on the table with their powerful AoE damage and CCs one would find silly to go otherwise. And if you wanna do large scale PvP, stand on the top of the walls with the rangers and bring death and pain to anyone below.

And don't forget that Black Desert PvP is about gear >>>> level >>>> food /elixirs buffs >>>> skill. It's Archeage all over again, except this time you don't get to steal stuff from other people, you just lose karma and they gain a corpse run.