Black Desert

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's pretty apparent when it happens. Mini map pings and visually the boss is highlighted with a red marker.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my hawk pet named Istari (Tolkien reference) is level 4 now and picks up items on the ground for me every 6 seconds. (It started at every 10 seconds) He's got some special ability that allows him to sense rare monsters, but I haven't seen him do that yet.
You have to activate the special abilities they are not automatic.

Right click the paw, you get the little pet icon, left click that. You will have a small hotbar for the pet, all abilities are on auto-use except for the special ability. Click it to turn it on.

You have to reactivate it every time you put the pet away and bring it back out.

note that if your pet has find resource, it will find the resource usable by whatever tool you have equipped. If you want to find wild herbs or whatever you can gather by hand, then you need either the hoe? or have nothing equipped, and it will find it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm hearing that bladers are fun to level, but are pretty poor at GvG pvp. We're telling people in PRX to be hesitant to reroll.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started this yesterday - not on the PRX bandwagon because of my experiences in GW2, and just messing around on 'dad time' anyways. Seems pretty cool so far. Runs like ass on my old PC, so probably gonna need to upgrade.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got to level 10 or whatever in the hour or so I played it. Game is fun. Not feeling the EQ thing but what ever.

The graphics at 4K res are sick. Also, HTF do I get rid of that damn thing in the middle of my screen that tells me what buttons I pressed?

Silence_sl

shitlord
BDO is everything to everyone, it's just that awesome.
smile.png
Not really. I'm only L22, and like it less the more I play it.

A chargeback is in the near future for this steamer of a game.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Got to level 10 or whatever in the hour or so I played it. Game is fun. Not feeling the EQ thing but what ever.

The graphics at 4K res are sick. Also, HTF do I get rid of that damn thing in the middle of my screen that tells me what buttons I pressed?
Hit Escape to bring up the menu and select Edit UI. You will see a window for each of the UI elements and if you click the little circle in the upper right corner of that HUD thing it will turn it off. Make sure you hit Save (dont just hit Escape) then you're good to go.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hit Escape to bring up the menu and select Edit UI. You will see a window for each of the UI elements and if you click the little circle in the upper right corner of that HUD thing it will turn it off. Make sure you hit Save (dont just hit Escape) then you're good to go.
You rock. Thank You.

I can see why everyone likes this game. It's very polished. Everything is there as far as UI and help gradually getting into the game. The combat....Oooooo the combat. It is satisfying even at lvl 10! I would say this combat has Tera's beat.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, the combat only gets better once you get more combos and the hidden cancelling abilities. As a ranger I find this game very fun just grinding. Plus you throw in the ton of other things that you are always managing and there's really never a dull moment. Now if only this game had better group mechanics and cooperative play along with dungeons you could crawl through, it'd be perfect.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Grouping as far as PvE goes basically consists of people all soloing close enough together to share the exp from what i've seen/done of it (I mostly grind solo).

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is grouping and dungeons, just not in the traditional EQ/Wow sense. All classes in this game are pretty much self sufficient so you basically go about killing things on your own, when grouped.

Combos are pretty intricate for an MMO and there are lots of undocumented ways of doing things. You'll have to look through youtube to see how do them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is there a vent on whatever that I can jump in and ask the dumbest of questions? I will need a safe space you know.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Yeah...there was a screen at the beginning that would let me see available combos. but it's not there anymore. Also, it's not the little window on the right. I'll likely skip it, though. Kind of dumb that my most effective attack as a ranged class is simply to wade into a pack of mobs with a butter knife and slam health pots.

I guess I'm just missing the point of the game. If it's going to be 99% grinding and Mavis Beacon teaches inane keyboard combos, or needing a macro program or keyboard just to futz with it, then no thanks.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im level 25 and the quests I have are level 27. Im playing a Warrior and that stuff is purple/red. I can solo the stuff, it just takes time to kill it. Do I need to just go grind somewhere and catch up? Or did I miss a bread crumb? I turned all quests on and I see all the non-combat quests, but it doesnt look like I missed any combat stuff.

Also, certain "knowledge" bits on the amity scale dont unlock. I found out early on through a little bit of searching that I need gathering14 before I could get a quest to unlock, regardless of amity level. Any clues to that? On that same note, Ive noticed that some of the people you have on the amity wheel have fluctuating percentages. They may be 54% one round, and then go up to 61% the next and vice versa.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Im level 25 and the quests I have are level 27. Im playing a Warrior and that stuff is purple/red. I can solo the stuff, it just takes time to kill it. Do I need to just go grind somewhere and catch up? Or did I miss a bread crumb? I turned all quests on and I see all the non-combat quests, but it doesnt look like I missed any combat stuff.
I believe that is around the time you need to grind the naga and frog guys around Glish. Did you already do the kill quests for them? Then you go on to grind cultists and red orcs. Again more kill quests should be available, especially for the orcs. The black spirit should be pushing you to the right spots. But yeah, if he is pushing you to purples then go grind the previous ones for 2 levels.

It is not as bad as it sounds, you can get a few levels fairly quickly and move on.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If you want to level grind mobs and do spirit quests.
If you want to make money grind quests and gain CP. Then gain knowledge for energy cap increase. Then craft.

You can also explore and gain titles.

Saban_sl

shitlord
None of these mount guides mention where exactly you purchase a horse at. Is it related to the stable master or whats the deal?