Black Desert

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
The stable masters in the major cities (Heidel, Calpheon, etc) will give you access to the horse market. You can buy horses that other players list for sale or you can go tame your own (watch a video before attempting to tame your own cause there's a step that most guides dont accurately describe in text). The stablemaster in Heidel (I think it's Heidel, might be Velia) gives you a quest to tame your first horse.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah...there was a screen at the beginning that would let me see available combos. but it's not there anymore. Also, it's not the little window on the right. I'll likely skip it, though. Kind of dumb that my most effective attack as a ranged class is simply to wade into a pack of mobs with a butter knife and slam health pots.

I guess I'm just missing the point of the game. If it's going to be 99% grinding and Mavis Beacon teaches inane keyboard combos, or needing a macro program or keyboard just to futz with it, then no thanks.
Are you playing Ranger? I'm just rolled up a Ranger yesterday, and shit didn't seem all that good until I hit 21 for EES (Evasive Explosive Shot) and started to bounce around the world 3 shotting packs of mobs.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
What skills should I focus on with the Valk ?
Pre-50 Shield Throw was divine for me S+Q, I didn't need anything else.
Now I still use it but LMB+RMB skill is decent and the S+RMB one is, I think, our highest damage skill. (all maxed out).

Of course SHIFT+E (the one that regenrates your HP and SP) is a no brainier to max out for me at least. And of course the passive ability.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Shield Throw (S+Q), Celestial Spear(S+E), Sharp Light(Shift+LMB), and Sword of Judgement(S+RMB) are the four main ones for me. SL actually combos into the 3rd move of SoJ which is the one that does the most damage.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Im level 25 and the quests I have are level 27. Im playing a Warrior and that stuff is purple/red. I can solo the stuff, it just takes time to kill it. Do I need to just go grind somewhere and catch up? Or did I miss a bread crumb? I turned all quests on and I see all the non-combat quests, but it doesnt look like I missed any combat stuff.

Also, certain "knowledge" bits on the amity scale dont unlock. I found out early on through a little bit of searching that I need gathering14 before I could get a quest to unlock, regardless of amity level. Any clues to that? On that same note, Ive noticed that some of the people you have on the amity wheel have fluctuating percentages. They may be 54% one round, and then go up to 61% the next and vice versa.
Amity game is like a card game. It's not as cool as Gwent from Witcher 3 but it's neat-ish.

Every time you start the conversation game the NPC's Interest Level and Favor are random. Your cards are always the same, and Chance to spark interest is always Your Card / Their Interest level, and favor gained is always Your Favor - Their Favor (your favor is a range between X and Y).

That's why you are seeing different percentages, because the NPCs numbers changed. I'm sure there is a write up/guide somewhere on how to play the game, but just know that sometimes RNG will bend you over and fuck you, where you get no win situations and you just waste energy. Get used to the RNG fucking cus it's just foreplay for the upgrade system.

moontayle

Golden Squire
RNG rules this game overall. You can stack some things in your favor but in the end, it's still random chance. I don't think it's really that much different from doing something in Old School EQ where you'd camp a spawn for a 10% chance of a named mob with another like 5% chance it would have the item you're looking for.

One thing here is that the game has been out long enough in Korea, et al, that you can find guides and tools for pretty much everything, including Amity. I found this through the subreddit and it's been invaluable for finding just what I'm looking for.BDO Black Book.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah, the combat only gets better once you get more combos and the hidden cancelling abilities. As a ranger I find this game very fun just grinding. Plus you throw in the ton of other things that you are always managing and there's really never a dull moment. Now if only this game had better group mechanics and cooperative play along with dungeons you could crawl through, it'd be perfect.
Explain hidden cancelling abilities please? I've re-rolled a few times finding the class I like and settled on Wizard (for now!). I have a 41 ranger and found it weak-ish compared to the wizard (since they nerfed evasive explosive shot); was I doing it wrong?

Oh, and re: dungeon grinding/grouping. From reading reddit, it seems the Valencia/Black Desert patch will add it in. I was reading/watching videos of a guy who found a dungeon by being sucked into a sand pit and into this huge multi-level cavern with very difficult mobs (he was fully geared out) with high value drops. It seemed to be a group-focused dungeon under the Black Desert.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Question. What is the difference between me putting skills on my bar vs the keyboard and mouse. Am I missing something here?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Skills on hotbar cost more mana. If the description of the skill says it can be used from hotbar then there is no penalty.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Skills on hotbar cost more mana. If the description of the skill says it can be used from hotbar then there is no penalty.
Great. Thank You.

Also Valk I assume is supposed to be hard to kill...but this is silly. Does this game get substantially harder?

Also does Valk have a round up skill that lets be group all this shit together or something? I assume that AOE grinding is what this game is about, but at 15 I am running around trying to gather shit up.

May as well stream...

moontayle

Golden Squire
Great. Thank You.

Also Valk I assume is supposed to be hard to kill...but this is silly. Does this game get substantially harder?

Also does Valk have a round up skill that lets be group all this shit together or something? I assume that AOE grinding is what this game is about, but at 15 I am running around trying to gather shit up.
That's essentially what nearly every class has to do. There's a limit of 8 mobs that can be aggro'd on you at once which is why I usually grab 8 of something then run into another set before I go to town. As you kill mobs off others will aggro and you get a good stream of kills in before you need to move along. Normal mobs tend to be quick, boss-mobs less so (easy to spot, will have a <title> like <Energetic> or <Violent>). As a Valk, just gather 'em up, then once they're in a relatively tight spot in front of you, hit Shield throw and follow up with Celestial Spear and another Shield Throw. That's your bread and butter and even at 51 it tends to be my opening move against a pack, even more so once you get high enough to take Spinning Shield (Shift+Q, hold RMB) which causes most low health mobs to melt. If you get low on mana, hit Q for block, let them smack you a couple of times (you'll take no damage from the front) to refill and get back to it. You'll learn how to balance fast moving mobs with slow moving mobs to get the most out of a round up.

Oh, and when you can take Shield Chase. If you ever find yourself in a pickle and surrounded by mobs, hit Q then Shift+S (backwards). Moving backward with this skill ignores collision and has saved my ass too many times to count.

The primary defensive aspect comes later for a Valk. Wife plays a witch so against summoned bosses I work to keep aggro so she can constantly get off Back Attacks for good damage.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brahma this game is about efficient use of time more than raw difficulty, the mobs do get harder but other than summoned boss mobs you will not be challenged by singe pulls. On the flip side in most places you will never have single pulls, mobs will stream in as you fight packs, the timing of their attacks will shift and split and you will start taking damage. The real fun starts when the named mobs get in the mix and they take quite a bit more to kill, so you end up dealing with the gnats and the named and oh crap half life. Then right as you are about to kill the named the whole damn room repops.

Have fun!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma this game is about efficient use of time more than raw difficulty, the mobs do get harder but other than summoned boss mobs you will not be challenged by singe pulls. On the flip side in most places you will never have single pulls, mobs will stream in as you fight packs, the timing of their attacks will shift and split and you will start taking damage. The real fun starts when the named mobs get in the mix and they take quite a bit more to kill, so you end up dealing with the gnats and the named and oh crap half life. Then right as you are about to kill the named the whole damn room repops.

Have fun!
Cool beans! Thanks!

The 49.99 or the 29.99 the better value?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Even though I don't have the best spec PC, the game looks wonderful. (Enjoying the hell out of my Musa)

rrr_img_131650.jpg