Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
2 nails in an hour is pretty nice.

I decided to end my Maegu experiment. Went to grind on my Lahn after untagging and was like, holy shit, did I make a massive mistake? Was doing absolute shit damage. Realized about 5 minutes in I had the wrong crystals. Whoops!

I will say, after grinding for a while on the slightly higher APM Maegu, it was nice to have such a chill grind on Lahn. There's really just so much less to care about.
I've been playing Maegu and I feel the APM is petty low? I'm planning on making a Lahn too probably during season coupons, it's lower than Maegu? Sounds good I like relaxing classes but I thought Lahn would be a bit higher than Maegu. Is that succ Lahn?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've been playing Maegu and I feel the APM is petty low? I'm planning on making a Lahn too probably during season coupons, it's lower than Maegu? Sounds good I like relaxing classes but I thought Lahn would be a bit higher than Maegu. Is that succ Lahn?
Succ Lahn might be the "easiest" class in the game and I say that as a former Awakened Guardian player. It's the definition of "chill". I'm not a big fan of the changes to her recently(leaves her feeling a little clunky/awkward IMO), but she's crazy low APM.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, Succ Lahn is super chill. F, S+F, RMB+LMB, RMB, repeat.

Yeah, there's pre-buffs, but that's every class (15 second Q buff, 8? second A/D+RMB). I preferred when the attack speed buff was A/D+LMB instead of Q, which is what I think makes her feel clunkier. But it's still not much.

Here are my Lahn and Maegu for comparison. And like I said, Maegu felt really smooth to me, especially pack to pack movement. But it's still a lot more APM in comparison.

lahn.png
maegu.png

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Zerker is lower on the APM, but i find it hard to zone out with it. Beastform outside the 3 min cool down version only lats for 20 seconds, and then the 30% crit buffs only last for 8-9 seconds. I feel like I am doing a ton of buff watching. It seems like all the classes have some sort of buffs you need to pay attention to?

I have also watched on youtube/twitch some other classes like sage, witch/wizard, woosa and they are exploding pack after pack with much larger AOEs and they don't have to jockey around as much once they start their combo, but maybe its just a gear thing.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It seems like all the classes have some sort of buffs you need to pay attention to?
They do, but typically they're not something you "pay attention" to, because they occur as you do your combos. The only things you'll sometimes have to "rotate" or watch on classes is your class' "E" buff(sometimes it's shift+E depending on class)and "Z" buff(uses your black spirit energy).

Some classes also have "prebuffs" that they have to start before every/almost every combo, but once you get it down it mostly just acts as an extension of your "rotation".
I have also watched on youtube/twitch some other classes like sage, witch/wizard, woosa and they are exploding pack after pack with much larger AOEs and they don't have to jockey around as much once they start their combo, but maybe its just a gear thing.
Positioning is a thing with basically every class if you're being efficient. Back attacks do way more damage. But as far as constantly repositioning to keep mobs grouped up? Yeah, large AoE classes pretty much get to ignore that and it's one of their most useful attributes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Classes do tend to be good at specific spots with some classes being good at most spots, stuff like Woosa or Maegu have pretty complete kits with good mobility, good sustained rotation, decent single target burst so they fit in a lot of spots but some classes are just very weighted towards one thing. Like say Shai is really good at spots where you get to stand in one place and fight waves of shit cause her pack to pack mobility is garbage but her sustain dmg with her buff stacking is actually pretty good. Classes with meh aoe like mystic or succ musa or whatever will favor spots with strong mobs+adds like Gyfin under or Trolls because they can leverage their strong single target dmg(usually the tradeoff for having shit aoes).

Succ zerk's thing is high mobility so spots like centaurs is where they shine but they should be fine for other spots. Videos can be deceptive cause ppl often go to spots once they overgear them enough they can mow them down since that's when it's the most efficient in terms of silver/hour, but that also shows a skewed view of the spot if you're trying to do it earlier.

And yeah buffs depends on classes, some are kinda built in, some require skills that you usually don't really use but you just need to remember to weave them. But they're also not necessary on spots that are easy enough. On Maegu there's a dmg buff on Back+space or just space after another skill, and I pretty much never use it on potion spots, only for bossing(boss rush, kzarka questline, pit of the undying etc). You get the same buff on an actual aoe I use so I do have it sometimes, just not 100%. I just remember when I do bosses to hold space after a skill every now and then when the other one isn't up. Addons and stuff are slapped on skills you use normally so don't really need to think about it. There's also 3mins buffs and BSR and these are pretty useful to keep up as much as possible too, unless you need to hold them for a specific gimmick at a spot(like when minibosses spawn, some spots work like that).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuuuuuuuck yes!

Just tapped my TET Godr on a 245 stack. Think it was my 9th or 10th attempt.

Also finished up getting my Deathblow set. Good gains today.

• 5Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fuuuuuuuck yes!

Just tapped my TET Godr on a 245 stack. Think it was my 9th or 10th attempt.

Also finished up getting my Deathblow set. Good gains today.
RNG carried as fuuuuck.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
RNG carried as fuuuuck.
Sometimes you get carried, sometimes you get fucked. This is my attempts at getting to DUO Fallen God (doesn't include the original 3 attempts to get from base to PRI).

I also looked and misspoke. I actually got the PEN Godr in 5. Was thinking of TET which I hit in 9.

Untitled.png

Edit: And actually, looking at it, it's missing some other attempts for some reason because it started at Desperate and should've been Distorted as first attempt there, since it was already enhanced prior to that string of attempts. I thought it was 22 DUO attempts, and then 2-4 attempts to get it back to PRI every time. Plus mem frags.

Was using around 150-180 stacks in those attempts, so around 20% chance.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally got Forest Wagon. Sped up a lot once I started pumping workers out of Calpheon, had 45 mostly goblins working on stop, plus 12 papus or whatever you can get in Grana. Lots of food and clicking but got it done. Now need a lot of energy to spec back into all the nodes I had.

Also finally finished my Manshaum farm, been going slowly with like 1h/day grind, usually 4-5pc per hour, got the 100 pities. Got navarn done a while back since I didn't like "wasting" energy not doing, that one was stupid easy. Only Tshira left, I'm just going to farm pities in other spots though, gonna check out all the new pity spots see which one I like best/get knowledge over there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Finally got Forest Wagon. Sped up a lot once I started pumping workers out of Calpheon, had 45 mostly goblins working on stop, plus 12 papus or whatever you can get in Grana. Lots of food and clicking but got it done. Now need a lot of energy to spec back into all the nodes I had.

Also finally finished my Manshaum farm, been going slowly with like 1h/day grind, usually 4-5pc per hour, got the 100 pities. Got navarn done a while back since I didn't like "wasting" energy not doing, that one was stupid easy. Only Tshira left, I'm just going to farm pities in other spots though, gonna check out all the new pity spots see which one I like best/get knowledge over there.
I'd definitely do it at trees if you want the best "all-around" spot. Decent silver, solid exp, RNG carried hours, etc. Other than that, probably desert fogans or protty if need exp. Rest of the alt spots are pretty meh. I'd still do the weekly at Tshira though and pray for RNG.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Remember, node level stays at invested level now. So assuming you did that after the patch, you're golden.
Na I meant I need energy to get the nodes from range cause I don't want to be running all over the map. It's only like 10 energy per node but I had to unspec basically the whole map to pump workers in calpheon so now I need like 300 energy or whatever to respec, not much just something.

I'd definitely do it at trees if you want the best "all-around" spot. Decent silver, solid exp, RNG carried hours, etc. Other than that, probably desert fogans or protty if need exp. Rest of the alt spots are pretty meh. I'd still do the weekly at Tshira though and pray for RNG.
Yeah but I've already done Mirumok grind for xp so I wanna go in the other spots get all that knowledge done while also farming. I'm doing weeklies there already, although I missed one cause I mixed the days weekly reset was(shouldn't have been lazy and leave it for last day I guess but yeah).

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Rng is rng but so far my pity at blood wolves hasn't been great. About 4 hours into the grind, I have 4 pity from it. That being said, I have 5 Kantunak so its funny to have more of those than pity. Looks like you can use those to create a crystal to sell for 200M+, which is nice.

Finally got a tier 4 fairy, using that for some potions, wow, what a difference it makes even without inf potions. I have it set on my zerker to use a mana potion at 10% and it really smoothed out the play. I also noticed at difference on a few bosses I killed because I get energy back from hitting and when you are hitting a single boss, you don't get much energy back.

As I grind for the inf potions, I have also started some of the books. I am currently waiting for Quint world boss. I am also eye balling the loml quest line so I can unlock two more crystal slots. Should I wait to do that until I graduate?

I was going to try to buy a cheap wagon from the market and train up 4 horses thing, but I am yet to get filled on a merchant wagon. From reading above it looks like there is a way to create a wagon that doesn't break but I am not ready to do that step yet, but maybe I should consider it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I needed another 200 wind fragments for my last Krogdalo piece, so I decided I may as well do the MP pot piece while I was there. Holy shit, it's no wonder people complain about this. I don't even mind gathering that much, but this is painful. Hedgehog definitely makes it suck less, but it's still terrible. It is a good way to get rid of all these magical skinning knives that have piled up over the years. Although at the rate I'm burning through them, I'll likely need to buy a ton more.

Tshira though is the absolute worst. I only ever do it for the weekly (and I'd been neglecting it for months). If there's any that I hope I don't pity it's that one.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd hold off on LoML til way later, it is the worst questing experience you'll ever have. Do other stuff for your account first, imo. Journals, and all the other regions MSQ's for the starter gear you can get for any Season character you might make in the future.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd hold off on LoML til way later, it is the worst questing experience you'll ever have. Do other stuff for your account first, imo. Journals, and all the other regions MSQ's for the starter gear you can get for any Season character you might make in the future.