Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I needed another 200 wind fragments for my last Krogdalo piece, so I decided I may as well do the MP pot piece while I was there. Holy shit, it's no wonder people complain about this. I don't even mind gathering that much, but this is painful. Hedgehog definitely makes it suck less, but it's still terrible. It is a good way to get rid of all these magical skinning knives that have piled up over the years. Although at the rate I'm burning through them, I'll likely need to buy a ton more.

Tshira though is the absolute worst. I only ever do it for the weekly (and I'd been neglecting it for months). If there's any that I hope I don't pity it's that one.
I mean it's boring as fuck for sure, but it's also way faster than any other piece unless RNG carried with a direct drop early. It took me maybe 8-9hours or so there? I was often getting 10pieces in 370 energy which usually I'd do in under an hour.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Rng is rng but so far my pity at blood wolves hasn't been great. About 4 hours into the grind, I have 4 pity from it. That being said, I have 5 Kantunak so its funny to have more of those than pity. Looks like you can use those to create a crystal to sell for 200M+, which is nice.
Blood Wolves is probably the best silver/hr of all the pity spots. EZ 4b+ an hour.

In all seriousness, it's probably still is the best silver/hr. I'd say it's pretty close with Manshaum's, but pulls ahead if you get some decent RNG with the crystal drops. Outside of Manshaum's and Blood Wolves though, the rest of the spots are ass silver. I'd honesty do all my "pity" grinding outside of weeklies at Trees for money/exp or Desert Fogans for exp nowadays.
I was going to try to buy a cheap wagon from the market and train up 4 horses thing, but I am yet to get filled on a merchant wagon. From reading above it looks like there is a way to create a wagon that doesn't break but I am not ready to do that step yet, but maybe I should consider it.
Wagons orders almost never fill nowadays with the Forest Wagon. Either do the grind to make a forest wagon or just get your fish tank from underwater palace and do fishing. Fishing honestly isn't that far behind training anymore on "afk" silver with the fish tank now. Plus, fishing is WAAAAY better for most events and those help boost its silver/hour. The Full Moon event right now shits out pieces with fishing.
I'd hold off on LoML til way later, it is the worst questing experience you'll ever have. Do other stuff for your account first, imo. Journals, and all the other regions MSQ's for the starter gear you can get for any Season character you might make in the future.
LoML isn't fun, to be sure. But people really underestimate how big 2 crystal slots and 1AP/DP is. It's a pretty massive buff to your character for something that only takes 10ish hours or so. There's no way you're buying an upgrade worth more gearscore than what LoML provides you with only 10 hours of grinding. The trick is to just do 1-2 "storybooks"/day to not burn yourself out. But the hour/gear investment is one of the best in BDO.
Tshira though is the absolute worst. I only ever do it for the weekly (and I'd been neglecting it for months). If there's any that I hope I don't pity it's that one.
I actually didn't mind Tshira if it just wasn't for the money being so godawful. The only way it ever gets "decent" is if you get RNG carried as shit with Ruins ring drops. But the amount of mobs that can drop the non-pity piece is one of the best of all the potion spots. Tons of mobs can drop it.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean it's boring as fuck for sure, but it's also way faster than any other piece unless RNG carried with a direct drop early. It took me maybe 8-9hours or so there? I was often getting 10pieces in 370 energy which usually I'd do in under an hour.
That seems way higher than what I've gotten. At 38 pities in 5 hours or so.

Using Magic Tanning Knife (80%), Fig Pie (3%), Treat's Tear (10%), and Lara's Tea (10%), with Hedgehog pet.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Maybe I got lucky but it was pretty consistent the whole time, I think the lowest I got in an energy bar was like 6 pities and the most like 14. Wasn't even using much, just magic knives, treant and hedgehog(which I'm fairly sure never proced on a piece anyway).

You doing any waiting? I was basically skinning the entire time if you pull the large enough packs they respawn as you're done skinning last one so it's just chain pulls and chain skinning.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, found two packs next to each other. Hit Ferrica, wait 3 seconds for them to group, aoe down, skin, move to next pack, do the same, and by then the other respawned.

I just go long stretches without getting any pities.

It'll be a while before I can do it again though just because I need magic knives POs to fill (can only do 10 at a time, too, so will likely need two complete ones to fill).

I do have 3 Demihar boxes, but I dunno wtf to do with the other tools in em if I open.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
For fishing I’ve noticed for silver and imperial turn ins, Elton is one of the best spots. The imperial turn in is right next to the bridge as is the blacksmith. Quick turn around and good percentage of good gold/blue turn ins

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What do you mean by trees?

I need to look this up
Trees = Mirumok

Also, guildie told me about it yesterday, but you can level trading super fast if you go to say, Odraxxia, and make your imperial crates there, and haul them up to Heidel. Did it once today since I was already down there for Navarn. Got a big bump but I was Apprentice 9. I'd guess close to a full level.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Because Kagtums are now 45b/hr I've made some gains over the past 2 months. I picked Black Desert back up at around 270ap and 330dp, so further than a pure seasonal which would be around the 250/320 range.

gearupdate.jpg

...and for giggles

jimmybob.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I need to look this up
Basically, it's a "fish tank" that acts as a 50 slot bag that only fish can be stored in. Fish stored in it hold their "trade value" for a longer period of time, so you can turn them in later without them losing silver value.

It really helps for imperial turn-ins because they sell for the most, but they're often not able to be traded because people have already turned in the max for that cycle. But, the turn-in amounts refresh every 3 hours at random. So, with the tank, you can just try again in another hour or so without them really losing value.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because Kagtums are now 45b/hr I've made some gains over the past 2 months. I picked Black Desert back up at around 270ap and 330dp, so further than a pure seasonal which would be around the 250/320 range.

View attachment 491207
How do you have PEN Fallen God with TET Urugon's but only 367DP? Screenshot seems fake.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do you have PEN Fallen God with TET Urugon's but only 367DP? Screenshot seems fake.
In game screenshot means Slumbering shows as PEN. It's only on Garmoth where you get the actual enhancement level.

Anyway, that's crazy for two months. Did you already have the PEN Crescent? Cause if not, that means you did like 200b in grinding in those two months.

Edit: Just realized he's the one who was pulling 50b silver/hr at blood wolves. No wonder.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
In game screenshot means Slumbering shows as PEN. It's only on Garmoth where you get the actual enhancement level.

Anyway, that's crazy for two months. Did you already have the PEN Crescent? Cause if not, that means you did like 200b in grinding in those two months.

Edit: Just realized he's the one who was pulling 50b silver/hr at blood wolves. No wonder.

If you look closely to the screenshot you can see red pips under the V on the armour, that's the enhancement level, so first screenshot only the chest is PRI, the other two are base. The next screenshot with the PEN Urugon's, there's red pips on all three pieces to get me to 378 (there's also the +1DP from hunters outfit and a further +1DP from the global boss blitz buff). Not sure if the pips have always been there or not.

I had 2x TET Crescents and a TET Layton (didn't have the PEN Capotia Necklace, and I had the belt) when I left season, I bought them ages ago when I last played as a Hash. I'm almost 100% sure this is what my gear looked like. I bought the necklace, the rings and the Heve helmet, enhanced the rest.

1695133749268.png

2 weeks ago I had finished the Jetina PEN Narc and tapped the PEN Bhegs. I bought a TET Tungrad Earring and the Fallen God chest. I then had enough dreamy crystals to rank up a TRI capotia earring to PEN and converted it to a necklace so I had a backup, I also did the same to a TRI capotia ring so I had a ring backup.

That put me at around 285ap. I then got so unbelievably lucky, I still shake my head. I tapped the Crescent to PEN and then the Laytons to PEN. This put me at 293ap and changed the way I was looking to progress, I had planned to focus on my DP and purchase my accessories over time.

I sold a mana potion and bought a TET Disto, I then converted my PEN Narc to a PEN Crescent and this put me at 299. I tapped the Godr to TRI and pushed the Kutum from R4 to PEN and C7 for the extra ap to take me to 301ap.

I still had a TET Crescent and waffled for 3 days over it, thinking about selling it for the 6b or tapping it. I had a 160 stack, which is an 8.5% chance at PEN. Well, the fucking thing went and I sold it almost immediately for 51b. I had about 5k caphras so I bought the rest to make the Labreska Helm and the Dahn's gloves. Left me with about 23b in the bank which I've used to pre-order a Garmoth's Heart/Inverted -- whichever comes first, there's like 300 pre-orders on both.

TLDR - I tapped 2 Crescents and Layton (plus a PEN Bhegs and a TRI Godr) for a total gain of 190 billion.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I forgot that they added that stupid "pip" shit that's the same background color as the armor itself.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Patch notes from SEA