Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am checking out this spot. Not too bad so far. It isn't in the fishing event, and since it doesn't have unlimited time-filled turn-ins anyway, it seems like its good not to be in the event. Maybe there is another aspect I am missing about not being in the fishing event? Anyway, I still get moon pieces so its good.
Elton is good because it's pretty much always at "abundant" water levels. The only downside is that yellow grade fish are fairly rare and it's mostly blue that you'll fish up, even with my fisher at guru 12. I typically like Grana or Duvencrune because they have a good level of yellow fish, they're part of any "fishing events", and they don't typically downgrade to depleted until later in the week. Once they do, I'll usually swap to training horses until reset.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Beats the crap out of timepiece (minus skill exp). I was pretty sad to see timepiece go, but this is pretty awesome. Plus I can use it on chars I've neglected for years.
The downside is having to untag when you do item tag with expensive shit, but since they have the marni fuel event atm there's no downside. I guess you'll want to either wait for season coupon or a marni fuel event to lvl new chars, which is reasonable enough, it's not like they were giving timepieces away constantly before, just with new season.

I want to get my alts fixed but for now gonna stick to finishing season, then I need to figure out something for some of the gear on these guys if I want to actually play them as more than boss alts. Most I'll just do boss alts cause I don't like them but I need a semi proper setup on my Shai I think, might have to do Mediah to get Naru at least.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They really need to move "item tagging" to a different system. It's way too cost prohibitive to people wanting to try out new shit once you have PEN BS weapons. I think they should move it to a "cooldown" system where you can item tag once/week, bi-weekly, something like that. And if they're content on having it be some sort of silver sink, just make a new item that's only buyable once/week, costing 250-500mil or something more reasonable. Once you get a PEN BS, item tagging is absolutely stupid expensive.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
All my characters but one are now 61+ (and that one is 60). Granted, I've only got 12 characters. Still pretty nice though. Was dreading having to ever level that fucking wizard from 56-61. And funny enough, the last one I leveled was my very first character, a DK from when it first released. Back when leveling past 56 fucking sucked.

Also finished up my first Starlit cup tonight, and earlier today was able to get my blue Volante cannons (+9, ran out of stones).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Also finished up my first Starlit cup tonight, and earlier today was able to get my blue Volante cannons (+9, ran out of stones).
Yeah, I laugh that I went so hard in the paint for my Carrack and I've barely used it since. I'll tool around with bartering on Sundays when football is on, but that's pretty much the only time I use it. I don't have the fucking patience for coin barter so I'm just slowly working on pirate coins via Pit of the Undying dailies.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I've been farming for it every day but the guy who was doing free daillies carries at a time I could join stopped and the last couple of days I've been doing it myself and even cutting all the bullshit quests that only give sailling xp, it just takes way too long(like 1h30 for velia > illiya > 20 barters > Tinberra > OE > Black Rust+Hekaru/Stalker/Young on the way and back) and I just don't see myself using it too much after I get it anyway. Plus they've been nerfing everything the past few weeks so if they end up nerfing the carrack costs(even just a bit) I don't want to have wasted my time. So might stop doing it to free some time.

Got my Lahn to 60 doing Cadry/Centaur/Nagas ecology, only Aakman/Hystria and the valencia stuff left. Took some time to get used to it but Lahn movement skills are really nice cause they avoid one of the most annoying shit in this game, getting stuck on some fucking fence/rock/stairs. Might replace Maegu with it, need to test it longer.

New global patch is up too, they did a quick stream to show off War of Roses and added a coupon code for that SEEY-OUSO-ONEV-ERY1 for 1k crons and an outfit box. They're adding new story to the newest zone, one new area to farm and the boots upgrade

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The great Valencia exploration mission is finally done, was actually quite fun. I cleared out all the topography, got most of the energy from ecology even though it's not S rank everywhere and checked out all the spots other than Aakman and Hystria. I remember I really fucking hated Valencia when I did it many years ago(even though it was during Oasis event so there was not even Desert penalties but the camel and stuff was horrible). With Dine and infinite potion there's basically no difference between desert or otherwise, besides lack of map(I popped a compass too cause why not, only annoying for autopathing). Completely forgot there was even a secondary city southeast of Valencia itself, got lost for a while in Pila Ku Jail trying to find the way back up and overall had a nice time. Got like 50 energy out those couple of days and got from 59 to 60.5, will grind the rest wherever before I graduate this char too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They did get rid of a bunch of the Valencia main questline. So the part you hated may actually just not be there anymore.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Has anybody play a Succ Sage at all? Seems super chill PvE from the videos/streams I have seen.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Has anybody play a Succ Sage at all? Seems super chill PvE from the videos/streams I have seen.
They are very chill, but Succ Sage is the type of class which has a pretty low skill "floor"(meaning it's pretty easy to pick up and do decent on), while also having a pretty high skill ceiling as well.

Great class though and probably a top 10ish grinder. They're also insane in PvP if that's your bag.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Great class though and probably a top 10ish grinder. They're also insane in PvP if that's your bag.

I don't have access to the paid garmoth.com for grinding stats, but I wonder what top 10ish grinder means. Are we talking 50% less than 1 or are we talking 10%?

I have read ton about Succ Woosa being great (and most likely still great with the incoming nerf), but how it feels clunky or you have to animation cancel a bunch. Awak Woosa looks chill too.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't have access to the paid garmoth.com for grinding stats, but I wonder what top 10ish grinder means. Are we talking 50% less than 1 or are we talking 10%?
Well, the problem is that it tends to vary a lot depending on the grind spot. So it's hard to get a TRUE "Top 10". Typically, there are around 5ish classes that tend to almost always pop up in the top 10 or so of trash numbers at almost every spot though. "Top 5" classes like Succ Guardian, Succ Zerker, Succ Woosa, Awak Nova, and probably Succ Ninja all tend to be within like 5ish% of each other at most spots, sometimes even less. After that it tends to be around a 10% difference between #1 and #10 and falls off from there.

But, outside of total shit tier grinders like Drakania or Awakening Kuno, most classes can do pretty well at atleast one spot. Worst case scenario is you just grind Lower Gyfin, which is pretty much the "equalizer" spot in that almost all specs can do at least respectable numbers there, outside of the first classes I mentioned.
I have read ton about Succ Woosa being great (and most likely still great with the incoming nerf), but how it feels clunky or you have to animation cancel a bunch. Awak Woosa looks chill too.
Succ Woosa is great and probably the #1 grinder ATM. She'll probably fall a bit after the incoming nerf to her -DP stacking, but she'll still likely be in the top 5. She's a bit higher APM than some of the other "easier" classes, but she's nowhere near Ninja or Awakening Nova. Awak Woosa is pretty chill, but she's definitely a "mid-tier" grinder. But like I said above, even mid-tier grinders are probably within 10-20%ish or so of "top tier" grinders, depending on the spot, class, etc. So if you enjoy her, definitely go with it.

About the only classes I'd really caution people to "steer clear" of is Drak (unless you like PvP, as she's probably the best PvP class in the game) and Kuno. Drak might fall off that list with the next patch though, because she looks to be getting some pretty chonky PvE buffs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn some people really go out of their way to grief. I was afk training on my wagon yesterday and as it does when I afk on it, at some point it fucked up and I ended up in Heidel river. I guess some guy decided to take their boat out, get me on it, then sailed all the way to somewhere in the Margoria sea and dropped me off in there. Shit barely even matters since I just mapped to OE then called for my boat to get there so I just have to wait 10mins doing something else on another char, although if I was a new player without a boat that would have been a lot more annoying. Literally wasted likely 20+mins of their time just to be an asshole lol.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sometimes you get carried, sometimes you get fucked. This is my attempts at getting to DUO Fallen God (doesn't include the original 3 attempts to get from base to PRI).

I also looked and misspoke. I actually got the PEN Godr in 5. Was thinking of TET which I hit in 9.

Edit: And actually, looking at it, it's missing some other attempts for some reason because it started at Desperate and should've been Distorted as first attempt there, since it was already enhanced prior to that string of attempts. I thought it was 22 DUO attempts, and then 2-4 attempts to get it back to PRI every time. Plus mem frags.

Was using around 150-180 stacks in those attempts, so around 20% chance.
Not keeping track of DUO attempts (although I think it's 7 so far), but I'm at 70 clicks for Labreska.

I saw something that said each click is about 120-130 million, but dunno how old that is, and likely doesn't account for the mem frag increase.

But if that's the case, that's 9.1b in clicks so far and nothing to show for it.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize how bad it is. I had a streak of 9, 16, and 19 fails going from base to PRI with between 80 and 100 stacks. Those are 20-25% chances. And apparently at 9 DUO fails at about 13-15%.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Damn some people really go out of their way to grief. I was afk training on my wagon yesterday and as it does when I afk on it, at some point it fucked up and I ended up in Heidel river. I guess some guy decided to take their boat out, get me on it, then sailed all the way to somewhere in the Margoria sea and dropped me off in there. Shit barely even matters since I just mapped to OE then called for my boat to get there so I just have to wait 10mins doing something else on another char, although if I was a new player without a boat that would have been a lot more annoying. Literally wasted likely 20+mins of their time just to be an asshole lol.
Yeah, people bitching about Marni realm changes "ruining open world!!!" crack me up. It's ALWAYS the griefers who bitch and moan...ALWAYS. I've only had somebody legitimately come up to me and request "DFS(duel for spot)" once in my 5+ years playing this game off and on. EVERY other time I was killed grinding it was some sweatlord who waited for me to be engaged with mobs, which then always queued a 30 minute back and forth of death trading before one of us gets bored.

Amazing experience, much open world, would wow again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's kind of an impressive dedication to fuck with someone afk. Really went out of their way.

And yeah, I agree about the PVPers. Most of them aren't actually interested in having some kind of meaningful encounter. They just want to get the drop on someone and grief them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah just weird, don't even know how long that'd take, have to ride a raft all the way down to the sea, then somehow get me on an actual boat(not sure how that's done even), then sail another 10mins to get ot Margoria sea, and then sail back. That's so much time just to annoy random people, who might not even care, like in my case. Was just baffled someone would bother.

Ran around for a bit today on my Lahn, did Protty, weird place with the weird tanky "towers" that spawn tanky mobs felt like a big waste of time to kill them so I was just grinding the rest and ignoring these, xp was ok but ran into an issue with trash loot where I remembered I don't have a horse to stack, so ended up wasting time having to vendor, loot was too heavy so wasn't a big fan of the place, would need like twice as many maids to grind there somewhat efficiently.

Then went to Fadus for ecology and to check Atanis droprate, the spot was somewhat crazy in terms of trash loot, in one hour I could barely burn 15k agris even though it's not tagged as an agris spot and I killed so many of them, and ended up making 475m silver there, with a large majority being trash(about 300m). A fair bit was the 3 atanis and the stupid amount of blackstones I got, I think those random events that spawn there must drop a lot cause I ended with 90 weapon/armor blackstones. Still that was very weird, might go back there instead of Tshira, the pity drops aren't amazing but the money looks nice to do 1hour a day.

Graduated my Lahn too, now running into the issue of not having enough horses to use though. Need one for Maegu, one for Shai, one for Lahn and one for my new seasonal char. Want to level the T8 they give during seasonals but I also want to keep grinding the imperial horse event stuff before it ends to get some oblivion flowers and another T8. Fucking wagon training has fucked up for the past 3 nights though like 10-20mins after I went to bed so making little progress.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fucking wagon training has fucked up for the past 3 nights though like 10-20mins after I went to bed so making little progress.
Make sure you watch your route do a couple "loops" first before you call it good. Do it minimized, as the responses to the server when the game is minimized can get fucky. And make sure you aren't activating Forest Rush or whatever the sprint is for the Forest Wagon. Sprint for wagons and horses always gets a little weird when minimized because of the extra speed not sending location responses to the server correctly.

And yeah, train in the Elvia realm as I've suggested in the past. It removes almost all the "town" NPCs in most cities/the world.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For some reason, I've had terrible luck with overnight horse training. During the day, I can leave the game minimized for hours and no problem. Overnight, game always ends up closing within 2-3 hours. Not sure what the deal is. Had a guildmate in my last guild that would always have that same problem.

Finally got my Labreska to go this morning. Took another 15 attempts, so 85 total, and 11 total DUO attempts. Not the worst, but still burned through almost 2k memory fragments.

Someone was mentioning their carrack the other day and how once they got it, they stopped using it (which is something I had said too). I hadn't really been doing much with it lately, but last week someone told me that for crocs you use Agris to get parts, and it was a game changer. Had maybe 50 of each material after spending tons of time there (I'd do Margoria runs and hit up a couple laps of crocs). Went from getting 1 per drop to 3-7 (yellow LS plus agris). So I finally finished up my blue cannons and it's fucking awesome. Such a massive boost. Was only able to get them to +9 because I ran out of the Sunset Blackstones, but it's renewed my interest in sea content. Seems like the carracks really open up with the blue gear.

So now I'm halfway to getting blue sails, and been leveling up all my sailors.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity