Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Official one with some story stuff mixed in, live next week globally
Overall ball had a lot of existing systems fixes rather than a lot of new stuff. Buffs to existing grind zones to match the gear req, buff to boss rush+new boss rush that uses your own gear(only for 300AP+), buff the guild missions, buff to summon bosses, complete presets UI, buff to new player progression(one more jetina acc? free T9, free tet blackstar upon graduation), lots of item bloat removal(event currency tab instead of stupid coins, merging all types of blackstones and related mats together, stacking seeds, party elixir merged into normal elixirs and such), instant teleport for magnus/boss rush, trade system removal(will be reworked later, only keeping trade crates for now), merging of lifeskills account wide etc.

The new stuff was kept at the end is just loml part2+new male class, seems like for next summer or so so not anytime soon. They are adding Dekiah Valencia to treasure spots so we'll see how that one goes but otherwise seems like they'll be mostly just working on fixing existing stuff. Well and the new class I guess is new.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One zone Magnus is a win. Lots of nice QoL. Dehkia Valencia could be wild.

Alchemist is like a mix of Sage and Guardian, highly doubtful that I'll like it. But, new season class.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn so many QoL are coming. I really like the consolidation of items they are doing for a lot of the stuff. Life skills being account wide is pretty awesome too.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh man. Didn't know about this. You mean my horse trainer can leave Heidel? What will she do out in the cold hard world.
Well I don't think it changes too much unless you decide to switch which char does what since you don't have to buy a ticket anymore(still have to rebuy costumes though if relevant), it does mean every char will have afk horse sprint unlocked from the start though which is pretty fucking nice(same thing for sailling). But ultimately my farmer still gonna be the one doing farming, my Shai still gonna be doing most of the lifeskills and my Corsair will still be the boat char because of gear/pearl items.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I don't think it changes too much unless you decide to switch which char does what since you don't have to buy a ticket anymore(still have to rebuy costumes though if relevant), it does mean every char will have afk horse sprint unlocked from the start though which is pretty fucking nice(same thing for sailling). But ultimately my farmer still gonna be the one doing farming, my Shai still gonna be doing most of the lifeskills and my Corsair will still be the boat char because of gear/pearl items.

It's a great feature for me. My main life skills were horse training and farming (on an alt for horse fodder). Gear for them really isn't important. It's only recently that life skill gear even became useful for horse training. But at my level it doesn't really help that much. I already breed t8's easily.

I have the horse costume from the Market but it's not that special. The ugly one you can turn into a costume is pretty good too.

And since my main was also my horse trainer it was a drag fighting in distant lands with her. Could have moved her training exp but didn't for reasons. Now I have a use for my endless alts.

So yeah, I'm stoked.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lots of quality of life stuff, but I feel like nothing to address the end game grind. Which is to say, there isn't much of one. I really haven't found the motivation to do much but login and claim rewards without actually doing any playing. At 301k/390, and there's just not a whole lot I give a shit to do at the moment.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm. FG weapons coming. Free TET Blackstar for Season grad. Cron enhancing will give +1fs.

Endgame grinding hasn't really changed over time, aside from and which bonus drops you want. Not that will ever change. If Attraction doesn't appeal to you, this new version of AoB might as well. I do wish they would streamline Atoaxxion, get rid of the puzzles.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hm. FG weapons coming. Free TET Blackstar for Season grad. Cron enhancing will give +1fs.

Endgame grinding hasn't really changed over time, aside from and which bonus drops you want. Not that will ever change. If Attraction doesn't appeal to you, this new version of AoB might as well. I do wish they would streamline Atoaxxion, get rid of the puzzles.
Yeah, the puzzle BS is why I don't do dungeon stuff.

Lots of nice QoL stuff, but basically no mention of dates. Which means they are back to the "old way" of doing shit at Balls where they promise a ton and only deliver on 50% of it.

The grind zone updates and Boss Blitz are really only a "rich get richer" update. The "catch-up" mechanics for after season players are dogshit. And not that I want "the grind" to lose its relevance, but a new player having to farm 150+ hours just for one weapon upgrade, 70-80+ for an accessory, etc. And that doesn't even count Debo insanity, Vells, Garmoth, etc. Sure, there are PLENTY of options for seasonal characters, and now there will be plenty for "end-game". But that mid game and the mid-end game are total trash. You're still probably looking at over a year to "catch up"(probably longer, in reality). This game will slowly die without the ability to attract steams of new players.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Global is up with new class. Added to this global patch is free T9 horse or 5 censers(personally I'm gonna pick the censers, I don't need another T9 and making T9 is easier than ever with the buffs to blush leaves from farming and grand prix and stuff), free tet blackstar weapon of your choice for hitting 60 on a season char(not sure if retroactive but a new season coupon is given anyway) and they're consolidating season mats into just one time filled stone material that does everything. Nothing else, although that makes sense with the new class as "content".

We know new class is releasing next week for us so it's unclear what part of this patch will go live with it. Season coupon seems like a given to go with it, but if that's the case the TET blackstar also kinda makes sense, and the horse also kinda does since it's just an "event" returning as a permanent feature. Does mean we'll get jackshit the week after next though since that'd be every global changes going live this week.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine anything Season related will be released on the 20th. Though it doesn't really matter. We should get the awakening witch buffs this week though, so I'll be happy.

The skill list for the Scholar looks promising, a lot of skills can be on the hotbar, I'm hoping the swaps between hammers and sledgehammer is smooth...and automatic. Manually swapping is annoying.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm hoping the swaps between hammers and sledgehammer is smooth...and automatic. Manually swapping is annoying.
It's EXTREMELY smooth. In fact, her C doesn't even swap. It just uses a big hammer skill. Shit seems super smooth.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I don't want to press C at all. I think one of my issues with Archer was exactly that. We'll see how it is, going to try her out on GLabs tonight.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
New class coming soon.

Live the look of the new character. I guess it’s going to be more like archer and not have awakening/succession

Looks like at Calpheon Ball they hinted at a second character coming this fall Looks like a sword character for LoML

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She does play suuuuuper smooth, tbh. Also very reliant on E / F to make the most of her kit, sadly. Every "succession" skill can Flow into an "awakening" skill, which is nice, but I think I'd only ever use two unless I truly fall in love with that class and make some key swaps ( F to R).

Edit: She plays really nice. Though for me there is always the little bit of skill activation lag due to using hotbar'd skills, but the Succ / Awakening skills chain into each other nicely.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some ppl on Reddit are already complaining or simply don't understand the Scholar kit. I never played Archer much after getting it to 60, but Scholar feels way better designed. Her skills are just one big kit, which I think will throw ppl for a loop since we are so used to having succession/awakening.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some ppl on Reddit are already complaining or simply don't understand the Scholar kit. I never played Archer much after getting it to 60, but Scholar feels way better designed. Her skills are just one big kit, which I think will throw ppl for a loop since we are so used to having succession/awakening.
Looked somewhat similar to Awakening Drakania who has a fairly unique awakening with the 2 stances that chain off each other and stuff, not exactly the same obviously but there were some similarities, only that instead of 2 stances in the same spec it's just absolute+awakening so the kit is a bit bigger.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looked somewhat similar to Awakening Drakania who has a fairly unique awakening with the 2 stances that chain off each other and stuff, not exactly the same obviously but there were some similarities, only that instead of 2 stances in the same spec it's just absolute+awakening so the kit is a bit bigger.
See, I think using phrasing like "absolute+awakening" in regards to Scholar is what confuses people, but its what we're used too. Some ppl will think they can play her just like a normal class... either succession (absolute here) -or- awakening. Guess it might be easier to simply say she is a Succession class until people get used to the idea of Ascension style. They even gave her a Lore reason as to why you see 2 weapons, even though its only one. Which is unlike Archer, who has 2 actual weapons to use.