black-ish

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's fucking funny. You should watch. It's not a show that black people will tell you is funny even though it's not, because they want a black show to succeed. Tyler Perry is not involved in any way. It's just flat out funny, and each of the three episodes has gotten better from a decent but slightly hacky start. The wife is funny, the oldest son is funny, Anthony Anderson is funny. Not sure about the other kids yet, they haven't had much to do. Larry Fishburne started as a pretty standard sitcom curmudgeon dad but his character is getting more to do now and it's working.

Each episode seems to start with a fairly generic premise, but takes them in a different and funny direction. It's worth giving a shot. Nothing life-altering, but just a good funny network sitcom.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Better not suck. Don't regret this drunk post by getting people started on a shitty show.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still no one watching? Show is tits. Deon Cole as the weirdo is great. His wife is hilarious, to the point that her wonky eye isn't a distraction at all.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm watching, but like most white folks I worry it makes me racist for laughing at it.. The episode about spanking alone warranted the season for me.

p.s. - I laugh at it a lot.. I agree.. solid tits.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By laughing at it on it's own merits you are driving another nail in to the coffin of racism! Get yourself a nice slice of Oreo cheesecake, you done good.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hey, it's Joan from Giiiiirlfrieeeeends.

I liked that show. Even my black friends made fun of me for watching that bullshit. I just asked them why they hate black people.

Might watch.

iannis

Musty Nester
By sitcom standards this one is pretty good.

The episode I watched shared an entire scene with the last episode of New Girl I watched. An older black guy rolls up looking for a young black guy to take home for some innocent purpose and makes it sound like he's a child molester.

Nothing against the show at all, it just makes me wonder exactly how much of a production line the writers room is. Cause it's a funny scene in both... somewhere some writers must have been stealing it off each other.

iannis

Musty Nester
By sitcom standards this one is pretty good.

The episode I watched shared an entire scene with the last episode of New Girl I watched. An older black guy rolls up looking for a young black guy to take home for some innocent purpose and makes it sound like he's a child molester.

Nothing against the show at all, it just makes me wonder exactly how much of a production line the writers room is. Cause it's a funny scene in both... somewhere some writers must have been stealing it off each other.

Siliconemelons

I still find Brooklyn 99 and Goldbergs better than this... the big black mama episode was in and of itself a giant clich? but I think that has been the point...of the show...

its not bad, but not best comedy...but as you said "new" then sure... not really anything to go vs it except that new one about a dorky knight or something that's not out yet.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I like Anthony Anderson, but they lost me in the early minutes of the first episode bitching about how tough it is for a successful black man and every time I've popped back in to take a look it's been that same tone.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
to me the premise is too gimmicky to even bother with. this is like a more adult humored Cosby show thats self aware.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I watched a few episodes, and was a bit amused, but the amount of tropes turned me off. It just feels like any other white family show, acted by a black family, with a few "is that racist?" jokes to cutely point out that they really are black. I bet that was even how it was sold to the network. Makes me want more Boondocks, and that show is ridiculous, but it doesn't do this sheep in wolf's clothing routine.

The grandfather was batting 1000 though. He felt like a real person doing and saying plausible stuff.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Bumping because I routinely get some good laughs from this. The two younger kids are adorable and the little girl really is hilarious.

And, for some odd reason, I actually find the mom sorta attractive. Even with the weird eye.