Black Ops 2

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else playing this on PC?

I know there wont be many considering there is only about 10k on at all times but if so post a steam id or something.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Got it for the 360 simply because of the 250k+ players even 6 months down the line. Much prefer the pc for these games but I prefer playing with actual people more. I'm used to the controller now (+2.0 k/d) but would of gladly picked it up for pc if people actually played it on that platform.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I got it for the Xbox 360 for essentially the same reason. The downside is it's possibly the worst online community of all time. Playing Search and Destroy pretty much mandates a lobby wide mute.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Got it for the 360 simply because of the 250k+ players even 6 months down the line. Much prefer the pc for these games but I prefer playing with actual people more. I'm used to the controller now (+2.0 k/d) but would of gladly picked it up for pc if people actually played it on that platform.
This, ive always been a PC fps guy since the days of CS, MW was done great on the PC i enjoyed that for sometime, but like you mentioned the player base just isnt there anymore.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
I pretty much stopped playing it on PC because of the lack of Hardcore game modes. I haven't checked to see if they've added more though, I loved Hardcore Kill Confirmed from MW3. I just cannot stand regular mode. I don't like having to shoot someone 100 times to kill them.
frown.png
That said I did really like the campaign for the game though, and zombie mode is fun if you have people to play with.

frown.png

frown.png

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hate regular mode too but I did find a way to make it fun.

I created a knife only class. No primary weapon, no secondary weapon, took 6 perks and 1 concussion grenade. It is rediculously fun for the most part. Take all the speed perks and scavenger to reload your nade and just run around stabby stabby.

Some games im tops on the server some games not so much, but usually that is due to the map.

Something to do to break away from the monotony of it all though.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I hate regular mode too but I did find a way to make it fun.

I created a knife only class. No primary weapon, no secondary weapon, took 6 perks and 1 concussion grenade. It is rediculously fun for the most part. Take all the speed perks and scavenger to reload your nade and just run around stabby stabby.

Some games im tops on the server some games not so much, but usually that is due to the map.

Something to do to break away from the monotony of it all though.
You and campers are why this game is bad. Its still kind of fun, but the mario kart type shit makes the game dumb. I agree with your point about changing shit up, but running around a futuristic battlefield knifing people is gay as fuck. Camping is camping and sometimes it is cool but when your laying down in a room at the edge of the map with a night vision scope picking off stragglers you should die in a fire.

Squeakster_sl

shitlord
I just picked it up for PC. I'm making my way through the campaign, which is mostly why I bought it in the first place.

Never tried the zombies thing but I'm interested.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Friend gave it to me as early christmas present. I'm amazed at how much easier it is than battlefield. And now that I have engineer perk, I don't die to any cheese shit anymore.

I don't know about hardcore but regular mode getting games is instant, I'm not sure why you'd subject yourself to playing with a fucking gamepad and client-side hosting just have more dots on your globe.

Sadly my favorite 870 is already getting nerfed because you can't have a gun that is more effective than SMGs at anything short of across-the-map shots. Nerf the gun that actually does 0 damage beyond 50 feet, that's interesting logic. But I've unlocked the MSMC and betties so now I'm part of the club.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the MSMC kind of blows. Believe it or not the Vector is kind of nice with all the attachments unlocked. I dont even really use SMG's to be honest. The FAL and AN-94 are good.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Do sights like the RDS etc actually reduce spread while ADS? There's no information beyond what the tooltips and the bars next to the guns say.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Knifing seems so terrible in this game. In Black Ops 1 you were pretty much a super hero with the right perk setup but I find the old knife "lunge" isn't so obnoxious on this one.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So apparently PC servers being dedicated does not mean you will always connect to the ideal server. For example, I was just now playing on a server IN FUCKING IRELAND. What the unholy fuck?

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Knifing seems so terrible in this game. In Black Ops 1 you were pretty much a super hero with the right perk setup but I find the old knife "lunge" isn't so obnoxious on this one.
I agree with you, the range on it seems much more limited. That was one of the first things I noticed when I started playing.

Knifing zombies breaking down barriers is a PITA now too.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any of you guys know if you can pick up the DLC's individually rather than buying the entire Season Pass (via Steam)?? Got about another month left before work will really impede upon gametime and don't wanna drop 50 bones for a buncha shit I'll never play........

Also, for those of you that play it. The spawn logic batshit crazy compared to previous COD's? I mean, I know they're all relatively terrible when it comes to spawn-logic, but this one is just bad... Kill a dude, he spawns right behind me, caps my ass, then I watch the whole replay of me killing him, him spawning, then killing me...all on his kill-cam. Can't be right....

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That's always happened in Call of Duty, especially if you're playing small maps. I haven't noticed it being any particularly worse than usual this time around.