Black Panther (2018)

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Go african AF and give this guy a shot. Might be a little too old.
Djimon Hounsou

1598812980400.png

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Does everyone forget that in Marvel canon, BP was dead for five years? He wouldn't have been king regardless anymore, and if the BP program was reestablished, there would have been another BP already. It's clear additional suits can be made at will, and Boseman was already BPing with his father still alive. The only real question is if they had more bud lying around, or just if he was in impenetrable armor.

You could totally do a partial 'prequel' with Mbaku winning the throne / title, then Boseman walking away because he wasn't the rightful King anymore.

Damn, you're totally right. They haven't fleshed out that 5 years at all but there would have been a replacement in that time. It's not like they just kept the spot open waiting for him to rise from the dead. Maybe they shifted away from a monarchy and toward a more democratic system of government in Wakanda. I initially figured Shuri would take on that responsibility, but I did not realize she 'died' in the snap also.

Also,

If your first reaction to someone dying of colon cancer is "one down" because they happen to be black, then I would direct you to closely consider the implications of Bo Burnham's comedic song "Kill Yourself". Whatever conclusions you draw from that are entirely your own.

]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also,

If your first reaction to someone dying of colon cancer is "one down" because they happen to be black, then I would direct you to closely consider the implications of Bo Burnham's comedic song "Kill Yourself". Whatever conclusions you draw from that are entirely your own.

]
Thats just silly. It has nothing to do with the way the person died. Cancer is a bitch.

• 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, I'm on board with Djimon Hounsou doing this; guy has been in some pretty solid roles over the years and he wouldn't have to fake the African accent nearly as much as Boseman did. Only issue is he was a rando-character in GOTG. Maybe a wig?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is never a good time to die from cancer but it sucks when they are still young and healthy looking. Usually its pancreatic cancer that gets them before their prime is done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I did forget that he was snapped, but regardless of how they explain Wakanda's governance for the past 5 years (I would assume M'baku ruled), it's gonna be hard to explain why he abruptly dies/disappears right after being snapped back without it being ultra stupid.

• 1Worf

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
White Panther and Black Captain America.

I like it.

Hah! Could you imagine the epic shitstorm if this 'zomghype all-black cast historic franchise' was immediately headlined by a white guy. I like the idea but I won't even entertain it because it'll never happen.

• 1Great Review

Ome

Molten Core Raider
They will just bring back Killmonger who now knows da way as BP.

• 1Great Review

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Heh.. you all assume the next black panther will be a male... they'll probably pass it on to the sister instead.

RIP Boseman.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hah! Could you imagine the epic shitstorm if this 'zomghype all-black cast historic franchise' was immediately headlined by a white guy. I like the idea but I won't even entertain it because it'll never happen.
White Panther would be fucking awesome. it would balance the fucking stupid they're doing with Cap.

Caliane

Actually I did forget that he was snapped, but regardless of how they explain Wakanda's governance for the past 5 years (I would assume M'baku ruled), it's gonna be hard to explain why he abruptly dies/disappears right after being snapped back without it being ultra stupid.
fuck it. Cancer.
Captain Marvel died of Cancer in continuity, despite all the super science in the universe.

CaptainMarvel4.jpg

• 1WTF

Fadaar

That guy
You know who I think would be a great actor to take up this role? Hes a favorite around here and has already starred in one of the best trilogies ever....
John Fucking Boyega
View attachment 297942

if they do recast this was my first thought too. him or Chiwetel Ejiofor (yeah had to look up and copy/paste that one) but he's already Mordo.