BlackBerry (2023)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: BlackBerry (2023)

Tagline: Work hard. Fail hard.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, History

Director: Matt Johnson

Cast: Jay Baruchel, Glenn Howerton, Matt Johnson, Michael Ironside, Rich Sommer, Cary Elwes, Saul Rubinek, Martin Donovan, SungWon Cho, Michelle Giroux, Mark Critch, Ben Petrie, Ethan Eng

Release: 2023-05-11

Runtime: 121

Plot: Two mismatched entrepreneurs – egghead innovator Mike Lazaridis and cut-throat businessman Jim Balsillie – joined forces in an endeavour that was to become a worldwide hit in little more than a decade. The device that one of them invented and the other sold was the BlackBerry, an addictive mobile phone that changed the way the world worked, played and communicated. But just as BlackBerry was rising to new peaks, it also started losing its way through the fog of Smartphone wars, management indecision and outside distractions, eventually leading to the breakdown of one of the most successful ventures in the history of the tech and business worlds.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
“You said they were the best engineers in the world.”

“I said they were the best engineers in Canada” 😂

This looks like it could be an entertaining take. Will watch.

nu_11

Trailer was meh

But I like Jay Baruchel and Glenn Howerton in comedy, so I'd watch it

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I remember when military bases banned these things because they were a security risk. Every freakin officer had one, and suddenly had to switch phones. heh

Szlia

Are we leaving the super hero era to enter the brand era? Behind the scenes with Air, Tetris, Blackberry and more product oriented with Barbie or Super Mario Bros...

That's not a new thing per se, The Social Network comes to mind and weird things like Battleship happened... but I can't think of another cluster like that off the too of my head.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Are we leaving the super hero era to enter the brand era? Behind the scenes with Air, Tetris, Blackberry and more product oriented with Barbie or Super Mario Bros...

That's not a new thing per se, The Social Network comes to mind and weird things like Battleship happened... but I can't think of another cluster like that off the too of my head.

Started last year with wework, uber and theranos tv series

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is out on the sites now.

Thought it was a good watch. Very similar to Air and Tetris. Really not any comedy in it, not sure why they label it as one.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is out on the sites now.

Thought it was a good watch. Very similar to Air and Tetris. Really not any comedy in it, not sure why they label it as one.

It's good yeah, and it is funny just not in a laugh out loud way or direct joke way.

Although on further reflection, similar to Air there isn't much of a story (although still more than Air). They made Blackberries then got crushed by Apple.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

I liked this movie a lot more than Air and Tetris.

This movie has lighter moments of the nerdy guys that built the blackberry phones. They were into watching action adventure movies like star wars and raiders of the lost ark, and played a lot of computer games.

But also shows how effective it is to pair a a strong technical thinker with a killer business guy.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database