Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got a warlock to 45 and have been doing E. Fleet Chain with no problems. I went over to Mushin, but I can't get into the 1st floor. The NPC by the entrance just gives me the option to beat all challengers (1F) or 5F (which is shaded out). Is this what is required to enter Mushin for the first time? If so, which 2 of the challengers would you recommend for a Warlock. I tried the archer but only got him down to 10% before he would kill me.

My stats are currently 346 AP, 26k HP, 35% crit. I am still 2 upgrades before siren's on my weapon (I should get one upgrade tomorrow) and accessories are all to pre-siren's upgrade.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
errr,yeah the 2 options are normal,it start from the first floor and it goes all the way up to the 8th. If you buy the ticket from the vendor (30s) you start from floor 5th directly but it wont complete the first quest (clear from 1 to 5).

pick the melee characters (ranged are the bane of lock) i generally choose swordsgirl and axedude, very easy. Also dont bother to up to siren imho, stay profane till you can reach pirate, the true profane proc is soo much good, and the wpn is basically more than enough to get you to floor 7th easy.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
errr,yeah the 2 options are normal,it start from the first floor and it goes all the way up to the 8th. If you buy the ticket from the vendor (30s) you start from floor 5th directly but it wont complete the first quest (clear from 1 to 5).

pick the melee characters (ranged are the bane of lock) i generally choose swordsgirl and axedude, very easy. Also dont bother to up to siren imho, stay profane till you can reach pirate, the true profane proc is soo much good, and the wpn is basically more than enough to get you to floor 7th easy.
Thanks for the info. I will try the melees then and see how I do; these are meant to be done solo correct?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
With the upgrade to Awakened Siren 5, and the full blue BSH soul shield I smashed my way to the 7th floor. Augerite died just as I hit the final buff. Didn't stick around to do Junghado though, ran out of time.

I always do Assassin and Blade Master for my first round, and I use the KFM for Jiangshi.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
My confusion with Mushin's Tower was that I thought it was a normal zone with a mix of trash mobs and bosses (like E. Fleet Chain) rather than just one event per floor. I tried BD and Destroyer for the initial challenge and beat them both and then got crushed by the second floor Deva mob. I tried to keep far away from him, which is a mistake since he uses his hammer smash if you are not near him. I'll try it again after the server comes back up and I finish the EFC dailies.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
you want to be always in melee range for 2nd floor boss, or it jump at you, which isnt good. Just strafe around it while dpsing, is easy to avoide the red squares atk. When he launch the circe atk move away, and then stay at the edge by the time is finish so he wont jump. It is pretty easy, and with your gear should have no problem at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damnit these fucks sent the costume and all the other items in the same package, so I either take a bunch of items I don't need anymore on my BM, or I get another costume. I was kinda leveling a FM already anyway, but it's pretty annoying.

Also for people not following reddit shit and what not, if you have NCoins and are planning on buying premium or you're planning on buying it for gold, they're removing premium from the cash shop next week. They removed it today but after the backlash they added it back for a week so people can get their shit sorted. They're making the system integrated with the website and basically like a normal sub, and supposedly at some point in the future there will be benefits for subbing longer, but for now, it's just more or less a downgrade.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I downloaded this last night, so far it's pretty fun. How is the endgame?
PvP is pretty much entirely arena, but the arena stuff is kinda nice with the way the combat works. PvE has quite a lot of content, but not too much challenging content yet, it'll get better once we get lvl 50 patch as they make pve more interesting/harder later on. Should be in a month or two or so, but until then there's quite a bunch of shit to do and farm.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
PvP is pretty much entirely arena, but the arena stuff is kinda nice with the way the combat works. PvE has quite a lot of content, but not too much challenging content yet, it'll get better once we get lvl 50 patch as they make pve more interesting/harder later on. Should be in a month or two or so, but until then there's quite a bunch of shit to do and farm.
I'll play this one a bit, and we'll see if they improve the endgame.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll play this one a bit, and we'll see if they improve the endgame.
Well you can see a progression in the current pve content already, like poh stuff is zzzz for the most part, BSH they introduce some mechanics with double bosses and stuff and Naryu has a lot of gimmick stuff like wow and more room wide dodging shit and not so obvious and what not. They also add enrage timers in Naryu that are less retarded than in BSH if you're really fucking up. Like BSH was tuned in a way that it was actually soloable, but naryu you don't make the enrages if you solo(but you can duo and make them, so it's still not super crazy).

In the 50 content it keeps increasing in difficulty like that too, where they still have the 6man that are challenging but doable with random pubs and the 4man requiring more and more solid play, with room wide aoes repeatedly(so you need to use several iframes moves in a row with the right timing), moving quickly to certain spots/splitting from the group and all that.

Just in general though, if you fought the same fights in a traditional trinity/tab target mmo, the fights would be terrible. The fact there's no real healer and it's action based and you need to avoid shit by timing iframes makes the whole stuff a lot better/more challenging. Still at this point, it's still easy to recover from a fuck up. That also means you have more freedom in how to do the dungeons with friends. Don't need full groups to do shit, generally just 3 people are the correct gear is enough, and 2 if you're well geared.

I find the game really fun personally, combat is just great all the time so even though I'm farming mushin tower everyday for the past 2months or whatever, I still have fun in it and I'm still challenged enough that I can't just mash keys and expect to kill shit(well when I do it on BM, on summoner I can). Not challenged enough that I'll die, mind you, but enough that fucking up is a waste of time so I try not to and trying to clear it even if slightly more flawlessly is interesting on its own.

Finding the right class for you is a big deal however. I have 5 classes at 45, and the only ones I really like are BM and summoner to an extent(I like how relaxing it is cause it's so easy). I don't like FM's rotation, KFM is ok but I'm annoyed at some of the aspects after playing BM so long while tanking, warlock I guess is fine. BD and Destroyer don't seem super interesting to me either, and Sin looks weird so I'm not gonna bother.

Oh and there is a raid coming, eventually. Not soon for us though, but there's a lvl 50 24man raid in the KR version. Has what you'd expect from raids, lots of choregraphy mechanics and DPS checks and shit. Doesn't look a whole different than a 4man tbh with the combat system.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
First time playing since the Warlock patch. Ratings reset so I had to get my rating back.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vcHV1LnNoL25LZktGLzlmNWJhYmUxNTEuanBnIn0.L9Q8r2TiT31JoVD6zeSAWLpbsdk.jpg

shit, that was too easy

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah saw Vanguard climb the other day on his stream on NA, he started fighting humans at like 1950 rating, NA ladder is pretty sad. Guy on reddit posted some numbers, there's like 500ppl at diamond on NA and 90 on EU(cause we have way less bots, our bots basically stop at 1600 like they did in NA last season).

Bot problem seems a ton worse in NA, I guess because there's more buyers there so they need to generate more gold? Thing is the more bots there are, the less money they make since it kills the prices(like soulstones being 12silvers or whatever from what I hear), so they need more bots to farm and so on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems they're throwing a bit of a curveball with the new patch and it's releasing this week instead of on April 4th/later as expected. That's like, super fast, but eh, lots of new shit to do.

Trailer:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is a lot of content coming down, I think its more than the original lvl50 patch that KR released. Like a few additional patches added in?