Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Shelved my destroyer today, started leveling a blademaster, will try my best to do a 15 hour level 45. 2nd play should be a ton faster, no farming tomb 100 times to get a costume lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Shelved my destroyer today, started leveling a blademaster, will try my best to do a 15 hour level 45. 2nd play should be a ton faster, no farming tomb 100 times to get a costume lol
15 hours to 45 seems obscenely fast.

Also, I have not once seen an assassin. Not in a single group, haven't seen any stealthing, nothing to indicate anyone plays that class. lol.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really? I see just as many of them as most others, except maybe the current fotm classes.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not sure why, done tons of groups. This game really misses support classes. Not like straight up trinity but it feels a lot like EQ2 v2.0 combat and I'd really like a bard class or something.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
As far as assassins, there's a lot of them but most are soloing brightstone ruins or doing arena by now. No point in doing dungeons when you can solo them all @ 45. The blue weapons you buy for breakthroughs are on par with your hongmoon just a tiny bit less powerful, so you just buy your blues to level, while stashing them for your hongmoon then solo your purple evolve weapons @ 45. Saving a ton of keys along the way, with access to all the daily quests that give keys.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Downloaded the game today to give it a shot. I've tried two classes (summoner and blade dancer) and on both of them I have run into non-skippable "class quests" that are bugged / impossible to beat. Both of them are "perform combo on quest mob" type quests and both of them fail to work despite hundreds of attempts.

I thought this game was years old. How can it have show stopping bugged class quests like this? Really annoyed...
Your issue is between the computer and the chair.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah I kinda stopped playing my destroyer too. Really like the KFM but with my ping it's very hard. I mean 1 second window is tight already but add in 200-300ms latency and it really takes some getting used to. luckily it seems that timing based on attack animations I can kinda counter just as it's about to start swinging on my screen, just gotta learn every different attack animation to know when to block it.

edit: yeah nm either I suck terribly or the class is too ping dependent to play properly. gonna try blade master they seem more forgiving

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
yeah I kinda stopped playing my destroyer too. Really like the KFM but with my ping it's very hard. I mean 1 second window is tight already but add in 200-300ms latency and it really takes some getting used to. luckily it seems that timing based on attack animations I can kinda counter just as it's about to start swinging on my screen, just gotta learn every different attack animation to know when to block it.
Have you tried looking into ping reduction services like WTFast or Mudfish?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure why, done tons of groups. This game really misses support classes. Not like straight up trinity but it feels a lot like EQ2 v2.0 combat and I'd really like a bard class or something.
Well a bunch of classes have support abilities. Notably FM and Summoner have a few each. FM have a bubble that deflect projectiles and can make everyone in the group iceblock if they take damage(good for unavoidable damage stuff). Summoners also have a deflect projectile area(blademaster get one too), can stealth everyone when they take damage similar to ice block and can also aoe heal people as well as use the cat to do a bunch of rezing stuff(cat can rez people on its own, can guard people being rezed so they don't die in one hit and can be sacrificed for a group rez although I've never seen that being used). The cat can also taunt(like real taunt, forces mobs to attack it).

Summoner is definitely the closest thing to a support in the game, a good summoner makes every dungeon runs way easier. Most of them are fucking trash though, but even a trash one can still do good with just the aoe heal and spam the cat taunt. The taunt is kinda annoying as a tank but I've learned to like it so I can just focus on DPS more. Main issue is it has downtime obviously, so sometimes the boss is like "oh ok, now let me just turn around and slap the KFM with my big skill with no fucking warning". Have to pay attention to the aggro circle and counter as soon as it pops.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Have you tried looking into ping reduction services like WTFast or Mudfish?
the speed of light with no routers, hubs, or switches between me and wherever the server is located (somewhere in Central Time Zone) is about 90ms. Add in the routing and cpu time for the server to receive request and respond and 130-150ms is 100% ideal. Realistically 200ms is really about the best I can hope for. I tried one service, I can't remember the name, along with network card optimization something or nother for wildstar and my ping went from 220 to 450 so I said fuck that.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Downloaded the game today to give it a shot. I've tried two classes (summoner and blade dancer) and on both of them I have run into non-skippable "class quests" that are bugged / impossible to beat. Both of them are "perform combo on quest mob" type quests and both of them fail to work despite hundreds of attempts.

I thought this game was years old. How can it have show stopping bugged class quests like this? Really annoyed...
Your issue is between the computer and the chair.
He's trying to do the combo quest without having the actual skill that leads to the combo. Either he didn't do the other quest that allows you to place skillpoints (not far enough) or he didn't put the actual skillpoint in the skill slot. It is kind of loopy that you can get a quest to learn a combo skill without that actual skill yet.

I admit, I sat there for a few minutes trying to do the combo and it wouldn't light up, then looked in the skilltree and couldn't put any points in there because I didn't do another quest that unlocks the skillpoints.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
He's trying to do the combo quest without having the actual skill that leads to the combo. Either he didn't do the other quest that allows you to place skillpoints (not far enough) or he didn't put the actual skillpoint in the skill slot. It is kind of loopy that you can get a quest to learn a combo skill without that actual skill yet.

I admit, I sat there for a few minutes trying to do the combo and it wouldn't light up, then looked in the skilltree and couldn't put any points in there because I didn't do another quest that unlocks the skillpoints.
no he's not. You complete all the tutorial class quests teaching you how to do combo's before you can even spend skill points. He's just a retard. You are also a retard for trying to defend him with an impossible scenario. This shit is idiot proof, you are both just bad at pressing buttons.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Support classes in this game are all about helping the group kill the boss faster, stopping a certain mechanic, or surviving a certain mechanic. A group with KFM, Destro, FM(s), and Assassins seems ideal in my experience, high damage, great CC.

Eonan

Doer of Things
no he's not. You complete all the tutorial class quests teaching you how to do combo's before you can even spend skill points. He's just a retard. You are also a retard for trying to defend him with an impossible scenario. This shit is idiot proof, you are both just bad at pressing buttons.
Man you're super angry about something that doesn't even affect you. I can back up his claims about the class quests not accepting the combo as having been completed, despite having successfully completed the combo. I had it happen on about half of the "combo check" quests where I had to do the combo around 10 times before it finally took. They're not bad at pressing buttons, the game is bad at recognizing that the combo has been completed and granting the quest update once it's done.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Man you're super angry about something that doesn't even affect you. I can back up his claims about the class quests not accepting the combo as having been completed, despite having successfully completed the combo. I had it happen on about half of the "combo check" quests where I had to do the combo around 10 times before it finally took. They're not bad at pressing buttons, the game is bad at recognizing that the combo has been completed and granting the quest update once it's done.
I was thinking the same thing and replying but then I remembered "retard"= nothing you can do about it (me). "Asshole"= douchebag who chooses to be that way (him).

In any event, I bypassed that combo tutorial for KFM (It was the triple combo where you had the guy calling you "Cricket" helping) until I got to the level where I could put skillpoints in, chose the skill, went back and first shot finished the quest. It wasn't like as a KFM I couldn't beat anything up to that point with three buttons anyways so it wasn't a big deal.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Man you're super angry about something that doesn't even affect you.
no just schooling some moron with bad gouge trying to defend a bad player. He was saying some retard shit like you had to wait until you are level 17 to go back and do a level 4 tutorial mission because he also sucks at pressing buttons just like you do. in fact:
I can back up his claims about being bad at pressing buttons too
Fixed the rest of that quote for you.

Dude comes in and starts crying about the game came out in 2012 yet the basic tutorial class quests being broken because he can't press buttons. As was previously mentioned that's a hilarious assumption. the game is fine, it's you.

I went through summoner earlier tonight here's a primer for you, first 3:
Way of the Summoner (level 5) Part 1: Press V (your pet trips of the opponent) THEN press C (your pet smashes knocked down opponent with a hammer).
Way of the Summoner (level 7) Part 2: This is a 2 parter. First part, press 3. one time, that's it, super crazy combo amirite?
2nd Part, press E. three times. try not to hurt yourself.
Way of the Summoner (level 8) Part 3: Press Z three times. seeing a pattern emerge yet?

I did blade dancer a long time ago but i doubt it was much more complex. i wanna say it had a few "press Q or E to dodge" ones, then press 1. stupid shit like that. In case you forgot, the instructions are printed in huge letters across the top of your screen. it's like impossible to fail yet somehow three of you out of 2 million are finding a way to fail.

Eonan

Doer of Things
no just schooling some moron with bad gouge trying to defend a bad player. He was saying some retard shit like wait until you are level 17 to go back and do a level 4 tutorial mission because he also sucks at pressing buttons just like you do. in fact:

Fixed the rest of that quote for you.

Dude comes in and starts crying about the game came out in 2012 yet the basic tutorial class quests being broken because he can't press buttons. As was previously mentioned that's a hilarious assumption. the game is fine, it's you.

I went through summoner earlier tonight here's a primer for you, first 3:
Way of the Summoner (level 5) Part 1: Press V (your pet trips of the opponent) THEN press C (your pet smashes knocked down opponent with a hammer).
Way of the Summoner (level 7) Part 2: This is a 2 parter. First part, press 3. one time, that's it, super crazy combo amirite?
2nd Part, press E. three times. try not to hurt yourself.
Way of the Summoner (level 8) Part 3: Press Z three times. seeing a pattern emerge yet?

I did blade dancer a long time ago but i doubt it was much more complex. i wanna say it had a few "press Q or E to dodge" ones, then press 1. stupid shit like that. In case you forgot, the instructions are printed in huge letters across the top of your screen. it's like impossible to fail yet somehow three of you out of 2 million are finding a way to fail.
You must be a little slow eh? Perhaps you missed the part in my reply where I said combos were successfully executed BUT the quest was not updated to reflect it. It's okay buddy, I'll wear that unsigned Neg with pride knowing it came from someone who is 1. Super angry and forum-warrioring and 2. Incapable of actually reading before posting a long reply on how to press buttons.

rrr_img_124611.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea pretty sure that's not the case though. Even with newbie quests it's easy to not get credit a few times without flawless timing. But what do I know, I've never been 'bugged' in this manner.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Likewise but I've only played destroyer and now blademaster.
Blademaster had a few pre-reqs that might throw people off.

Like one was x, lmb, 1 but you had to do it while the dummy blocked.

Only part I didn't get credit was my own fault for not understanding, was comboing after hajoons fire blast knockdown, I had to do it after the knockdown, not during or before.

But... I quickly figured it out.