Blade of the Immortal (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Blade of the Immortal

Genre: Drama, Action

Director: Takashi Miike

Cast: Takuya Kimura, Hana Sugisaki, Sota Fukushi, Hayato Ichihara, Erika Toda, Ebizo Ichikawa, Chiaki Kuriyama, Kazuki Kitamura, Tsutomu Yamazaki, Min Tanaka, Shinnosuke Mitsushima

Release: 2017-04-29

Runtime: 140

Plot: The film follows a warrior cursed with immortality who must defeat 1,000 evil men to free himself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

In theaters in USA Nov 3d

Takashi Miike's 100th film

looks pretty cool, being digging more japanese stuff since playing Persona 5, FF13, and Yakuza 0

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And here I thought this was going to be the 4th Blade movie. Blade: The Immortal

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
His supposed success and acclaim with his "accurate/faithful" JJBA movie, and the enjoyment of 13 Assassins amongst many others; happily following again in blind faith once again.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The manga for this has some of the most beautiful dual-page spreads I've seen on paper. Just hilarious amounts of detail and over the top violence and beauty. The story sort of goes off the rails after the Itto-Ryu is basically beaten, but the lead up is a really quality read.

Movie looks pretty solid; definitely give it a chance when it releases.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love the premise. I also like how it looks like it will show what a preposterous amount 1,000 kills is considering the multiple scenes of ground covered in corpses. It doesn't sound super high after gaming for a while but it really is :p

Szlia

Copypasta from the 'recently watched' thread:
a Miike helmed adaptation of the manga of the same name. So: messy and bloody sword fights with a variety of weapons framed in a simple but effective plot where the lines between good and evil get increasingly blurrier. I would have liked greater variations in film making to go along the different fighting styles, and more emphasis on the different ways to fight with the different weapons, but heh, it's already pretty good.

Oh and Jojo is garbage.

Szlia

spronk spronk Saw it in a film festival. Imdb's only european release date is for the UK at the end of November.

gauze gauze The movie. I am not familiar with the manga/anime. I think fans of the source material were dubious about the possibility of representing the powers of the characters in a live action movie and were pleasantly surprised by the result. As a neutral spectator though, the movie goes from campy, over the top and kinda funny to the most verbose, dumb and slow ordeal. It feels like falling into neurotoxic molasses.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Respectable. It's one of those things you're a diehard or not a fan at all. It's purposefully campy, as it came out of the Fist of the North Star era, it just doesn't work without being over the top. It's in legendary-tier in terms of influences. It's more to the general degree that he has done good by source because I heard his last job with Terra Formers was pretty, uhh, bad? I didn't bother because lack of interests. It just paints hope for Immortal being well done.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database