Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Juvarisx

Florida
Undone, Tales from the Loop and Homecoming s1 might be 3 of the best ones while def being 3 of the more unknown ones

Don't forget Patriot either

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Would rather have Denis Villeneuve produce it.

Ridley is a corpse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Jean Claude Van Johnson is one of the greatest shows of all time.

Complete bullshit it only got 1 season

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've watched this movie five times in the last 10 days and I absolutely love it.

The symbolism is good. The philosophy is interesting. You feel for this K guy.

Good flick.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brad2770

Yeah, I like it better than the original. Easily one of my favorite movies as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Which version of the original Blade Runner should I watch, Director's Cut or Final Cut? I've only seen theatrical in the past. I assume Final Cut is the most complete version?

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've watched this movie five times in the last 10 days and I absolutely love it.

The symbolism is good. The philosophy is interesting. You feel for this K guy.

Good flick.
2049 has some real good subtle storytelling

too bad Villenueve didnt repeat that in Dune where every line of dialogue was either simplistic or an exposition dump

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente

too bad Villenueve didnt repeat that in Dune where every line of dialogue was either simplistic or an exposition dump
I thought Dune was quite good, but 2049 was definitely more subtle. I think it'd be pretty difficult to do Dune without some amount of exposition dumping like that though. Just because of the nature of the source material.

• 1Like

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I rewatched Dune last week and holy moly...

The scene in the tent? Horrible acting. Horrible dialogue.

None of his other movies are this on the nose so maybe he was pressured by the studio to spell stuff out for people.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought Dune was quite good, but 2049 was definitely more subtle. I think it'd be pretty difficult to do Dune without some amount of exposition dumping like that though. Just because of the nature of the source material.
Adapting Dune to the screen IS pretty difficult. That doesnt mean Villenueve gets a pass. His adaptation is shallow and not timeless. Why is Jessica an emotional wreck? Why is Paul scrawny and a blackhole of charisma. Why does Paul and Chani speak like they are zoomers? Why is colonization the theme for Dune 2021? Why were arabs replaced by blacks?

I hope it's adapted proprerly in the future.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Adapting Dune to the screen IS pretty difficult. That doesnt mean Villenueve gets a pass. His adaptation is shallow and not timeless. Why is Jessica an emotional wreck? Why is Paul scrawny and a blackhole of charisma. Why does Paul and Chani speak like they are zoomers? Why is colonization the theme for Dune 2021? Why were arabs replaced by blacks?

I hope it's adapted proprerly in the future.
While all fair points, I still enjoyed seeing a big budget "Dune" on screen. Perfect? No. Enjoyable - to me at least.

spronk

FPS noob
new dune lacked something really vital to space travel

captain picard jamming out with his bros on the baliset after a few drinks

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 5 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
was the pug a spice psionic or something?? poor baby probable got trampled after capt. Picard was shot

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
was the pug a spice psionic or something?? poor baby probable got trampled after capt. Picard was shot

Don't worry about Battle Pug, Picard lives to the end of OG Dune.

Fight-Scene-Dune-1984.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users