Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You mean like healthcare workers who think their employers can't tell them to get shots? lol.

Your employer tells you to do something, and you are insubordinate and don't do it, you generally get fired.
Theres a wee bit of a difference between your employer mandating you do something that has a monumental permanent impact on your life beyond the hours you are working and something that doesnt.

• 2Slow
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Theres a wee bit of a difference between your employer mandating you do something that has a monumental permanent impact on your life beyond the hours you are working and something that doesnt.

Guess it is a good thing vaccines don’t fall under that

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Guess it is a good thing vaccines don’t fall under that
Ill leave it at that since this is the mmo section. If you wanna get into the details on it though by all means take a trip to the corona thread in general.

Cybsled

Fair enough, but I’ve avoided the section since it got walled off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean my company was real fucking close to mandating that shit because of govt. Emails were going out already asking for our vac status until the Supreme Court pulled the plug.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We live in a country where you can be fired for getting an abortion, using birth control, getting invitro fertilization, being a smoker, or any number of things, depending on jurisdiction.

A healthcare provider can certainly fire you for not getting vaccinated. You can also definitely be fired if you file for a religious exemption under false pretenses. Whether that's a stupid idea for the employer because of risk of having to deal with a flood of civil suits is another matter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean my company was real fucking close to mandating that shit because of govt. Emails were going out already asking for our vac status until the Supreme Court pulled the plug.
That's why I specifically said healthcare workers, because they were exempt from the SC ruling.

People also need to understand that the SC ruling only prevents OSHA from enforcing that all employers mandate vaccinations. It does not prevent employers from mandating vaccinations on their own.

That said, my employer requires me to be vaccinated, for a fulltime remote position, because multiple companies who contract work to us require that all outside contractors are vaccinated, regardless of government mandate. If I did not comply, my employer would be within their right to fire me.

You will get no arguments from me that this is fucking stupid, but it's also how employment law in this country works. At-will employment.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
You can also definitely be fired if you file for a religious exemption under false pretenses.
Theres no real false pretenses for this unless you specifically go out of your way to say youre doing it under false pretenses before you do it.

Juvarisx

Florida
The full time matters more, since Blizz is so big that means they get benefits. No wonder QA has sucked, wtf were they even paying them

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The full time matters more, since Blizz is so big that means they get benefits. No wonder QA has sucked, wtf were they even paying them
Didn’t even think of that part, wizardhawk wouldn’t have even been able to afford his weekly Taco Bell meal on that.