Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Lot of rose colored glasses with respect to EQ. I get it was people's first obsession in the MMO genre, but it's a TERRIBLE combat system wrapped around some incredibly bloated character systems, and some broken as well. And this a game I played for 5 years, and worked on for 8 years after that. Take the world, take the lore, but a re-skinned version of EQ would be awful IMO.
To me, it's not that it was my first mmo because it was not. My first MMO was Ultima Online. Now that being said, I didn't play Ultima Online very long.

The thing that I like about the first few years of EverQuest is:
  • The slower pace of combat
    • when I want an action driven game, I play something other than EQ
    • I happen to enjoy being able to play more than one character at a time if I want to
    • Chatting in group text with the people in your group is enjoyable to me, and if the game is constant kill, run to next mob, kill like WoW was, it ruins that social aspect of the game for me
  • Interdependency of different classes in a group
  • Being able to manipulate the mobs based on the mechanics of the game world rather than on the intent of the game designer for each given encounter
    • I highly believe in creating a game world with rules that apply the same for both the players and the monsters
    • I don't like artificially imposed game mechanics to make an encounter work a specific way like mobs summoning players
    • I like that you can charm, snare, root, fear, memory blur, and calm mobs
      • I do not like when a mob is 100% immune to a game mechanic just because the game designer wants a specific fight to go a specific way
  • I prefer camping named mobs
    • I don't like when named mobs spawn every time and are essentially not rare at all
    • I like the fact that specific rare loot drops off of specific rare mobs in specific zones
      • To me, that's a living breathing virtual world rather than just a game
For me, EverQuest checks all of these boxes, and that works for me. It probably does not work for a lot of other people, but I am concerned about... ME. ;)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
For me, EverQuest checks all of these boxes, and that works for me. It probably does not work for a lot of other people, but I am concerned about... ME. ;)

I remember when everything 51+ would summon in Everquest. Shit was awful.

I agree with most of your list. But most of all, I liked the days of EQ where you could train monsters to zone and stuff. That seemed to have gone away from every game, including EQ itself after velious. Mob trains were great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The giant fucking sword in the planet that we have ignored since legion is pretty triggering from a failed lore reminder.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Shit just went down. Classic in shambles.

Magic cited as being gone.

It's sent shockwaves through the Classic community.

View attachment 372654

A youtube video of some dude livestreaming himself reading a blog about a completely different group of people not playing a video game is the most 2020's thing I can think of.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A youtube video of some dude livestreaming himself reading a blog about a completely different group of people not playing a video game is the most 2020's thing I can think of.
Yeah, in current year, no one actually enjoys art anymore, they just consume content of other people criticizing content.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Blizzard: What's it gonna be today

Customer base: fucking fix your shitty fucking game with all that grindy bullshit and uninspired shit that no one wants.

Blizzard: SAY NO MORE.

Anyone paying to play this fucking game is a gigantic fucking retard.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Rich Campbell revealed on his stream that SE had reached out to Asmon and him and the FF devs were interested in talking with them.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Someone get them to redo Black Temple before it comes out on Classic: TBC since there are rooms and rooms of Illidans whoors.

hoors-6627253.png

ERpco1WWsA0ODhy.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Someone get them to redo Black Temple before it comes out on Classic: TBC since there are rooms and rooms of Illidans whoors.

hoors-6627253.png

ERpco1WWsA0ODhy.jpg
It's super easy, just add some male ones. That's always been the answer.

FF14 has Godbert, Cat Boys and soon Bunny Boys. So they can have ass enhancing 2B tights in the game for female characters. Pretty sure latest expansion has a literal pole dancing club too with a male and female dancer.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hard to tell if theyre just going through the game and changing anything that even has a hint of sexuality, or if theyre virtue signaling, or both. Big Love Rocket's icon was changed too, but that was part of the joke about a Red Rocket. Could argue that theyre ripping the soul out of the game bit by bit, but does anyone really care about a painting that a huge percentage of the population never saw? Much less a dick joke?

Nice to see if I ever do go back to playing WoW that theyre nerfing Bolstering, Necrotic and Raging, though.