Bloodborne

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone else completely run out of vials trying to do forgotten city? Seems like they just stopped dropping entirely here and i have to go farm other areas to stock back up

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I just speed run past a lot of the enemies til I get the bell ringing witch killed then the ones that are still nearby get stunned and are easily dealt with. Got so sick of them constantly respawning. Also have a pretty easy blood vial run that nets around 14 in liken 2 mins from central yharnam.

Gate opened on left kill the 2 wandering ogres which is 4, back to the steps of that dark house kill guys in there as they drop some half the time......then take out the 2 werewolves for 3 apiece and the ogre just before cleric beast fight area. Thats 12 guaranteed and possibly more luck depending.

It takes longer to load hunters dream and return for a 2nd trip once you get it memorized. In 20ish mins you can max out storage and the enemies are so weak its not easy to die.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Forbidden woods is hard. ;(
Its really confusing too. When you find the lift back up to the lantern before the village of crazy fuckers, you're getting close. Keep to the right and try to find the spot you fall down and there's a snake headed dude and a gate you can open. That gate leads to the boss of the area.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Forbidden woods is hard. ;(
If you think that's hard just wait till
Unseen Village, fuck this chime bitches. From hides them soo fucking well too.
I found that Forbidden woods just took a ton of time to clear more than it was hard.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Farming for blood vials is kinda dumb. Just find a good blood echoe spot and farm that instead and buy them, much faster. I have a loop that starts at margos loft: base that nets me 66k echoes in about 8 minutes. Enough for over 90 blood potions

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Oh and for forbidden woods, I'm 90% sure I didn't get everything there, too fucking confusing and everywhere looks the same. Those snake head guys don't mess around either

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm too the point where i just buy blood vials. I'm leveled up enough that it doesn't matter if I level up or buy blood vials I fell. I'm about lvl 70 after killing Amy.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I didn't think Forbidden Woods was all that hard. It was just VERY long and since I missed the one shortcut, I couldn't easily get back to the bonfire (yes I still call them bonfires). So I lost 100K souls when I stumbled on the boss. That made me salty.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, FW boss and most of the trash were easy as hell IMO. Just the zone promotes getting lost.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finally beat the Shadows. I'd like to give a hearty fuck you to anyone who recommends killing the caster first. As soon as I changed my strategy to kill the melee only snake first, I beat it on the first try.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I killed caster first and took me 2 tries - I dont know why but the melee guys were chumps - the caster was annoying as all hell because he'd interrupt my fuckin up the melee.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Spent some time grinding to buy the 20k sword, then decided to just keep grinding for a bit... I think I overlevelled.

Those bag men can go fuck right off. They hit like fucking trucks. Glad 2h'er can stun them so easily.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked Forbidden Woods. I feel like I've missed a lot throughout the game in regards to NPC's, I can't send anyone to the Clinic, only the Chapel. The Crow hunter lady I talked to in the Sewer area died to the Hunter at the Tomb of Odeon, and I had no idea she would even show up there....I was farming blood vials by going from Central Yharnham to Tomb, when I got to the Tomb she was fighting the other Hunter and died before I could help out (got the Crow badge). So now I guess I won't be able to get the Chikage / Evelyn. Wanted to kill the Gatling gun Hunter, but that fucker is always just standing in the middle waiting to shoot -me- off the ledge, lol.

Ran some Chalice dungeons (Pthel-whatever and Pthel-whatever Root), pretty fun! Got an Uncanny Saw-cleaver, which I probably won't use. ;p

I wish the weapon stats were better explained when you start using Gems, especially elemental Gems. Those seem to take over the weapons damage, and only give you a tiny portion of +dmg from any of the Physical ATK gems, compared to not using the elemental gem. How do the Slow Poison gems work, is there a way to tell if a mob is poisoned? How about the +Stat Scaling gems? Are those only worth using if they bump your primary stat up one rank?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Spent some time grinding to buy the 20k sword, then decided to just keep grinding for a bit... I think I overlevelled.

Those bag men can go fuck right off. They hit like fucking trucks. Glad 2h'er can stun them so easily.
Bag men tactic - Hit them with holy sword charge = 50% of their hp gone. They start charging up for frenzy and while they do that, you have time for another charge attack. Dead before they ever get to do much.

Regarding chalice dungeons. The first chalice I got from BSB. I have only downed Cleric, Father G, BSB, Vicar and Witches. However, while doing a Chalice dungeon (P something) I got a Root version of that Chalice from a boss in the dungeon.

How do I get the other Chalices? Do the higher level dungeon chalices drop from the normal game bosses, or do I need to grind dungeons and hope another one drops like the Root one? I completed a Root P dungeon too, and didn't notice anything different than the normal one. 3 levels, fairly identical in size and mobs to the normal one. Same bosses, minus the giant. End boss was the fire dog. No new chalice though.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Man I am getting absolutely raped by a hunter that appears in the Church after killing Vicar Amelia. I just happened to be wandering by and went in there and found her/it. She/it railed me like 8 times in a row before I just bailed. I'm doing decently at everything else - 1-shot a couple of bosses and usually only die 3-4 times to the tougher ones. Ugh. Tried Hammer, Axe, and Holy Sword - all fail. Damn.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thats Eileen lol - just sidestep and wail on her - i used Tontris or whatever and beat her on my 3rd go.

nuday

Golden Squire
I just finished Cainhurst. That was by far my favorite area so far.. Also a fantastic place to farm blood echoes.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
You should get a new chalice after beating the root of the previous tier. Some of the other types of chalices you only get from certain bosses in the regular game.

Each tier goes: regular chalice, beat it and get that tier root chalice, beat the root chalice, last boss usually drops the next tier of the same type of chalice. Rinse and repeat. Tier 5 is the highest they go.