Bloodborne

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
Unconfirmed Covenant info. Batshit insane if true.

Insight appears to build from more than just boss fights. I seem to gain it each time I talk to a new npc or enter a new area as well.

there is a door somewhere in Byrgenwerth that reveals an NPC who asks you for help. If you agree to help him he gives you a small token. If you go into the spider forest with this token an invader will attack you. Killing the invader gives you another item which upon going back to the npc you can join a covenant. No idea what covenant it is yet as I have not got that far myself.

Scythe is fucking awesomeballs.

Giant Spider has a covenant. You can 'kidnap' / incapacitate other players during invasions to take them into a dungeon in your own world where you play the boss. Players must escape your dungeon and are unable to leave until defeating the area boss (you, or an AI boss if they return offline / disconnect to escape).

Holy Hunters, seems to be this games equivalent of the WotW.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not seen it mentioned in previews, but no rings in the game?

From the stream, when he enters the inventory at 30 seconds in there are

Settings
Arms/weapons (4 slots)
Attire (4 slots) - Head, torso, arms, legs
Quick slots (6 slots)

No slots on that menu at least to equip anything else. If that is the case, that's quite a substantial change from the Souls series considering how diverse and important some of those rings were.
I noticed the same thing. Pretty sure there are no rings, also there is nothing about them on the fextralife wiki.

Vilmz_sl

shitlord
I noticed the same thing. Pretty sure there are no rings, also there is nothing about them on the fextralife wiki.
There are four "rune" slots in the character stat window that boost abilities and don different effects for the player. It looks like these are the new ring slots.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are four "rune" slots in the character stat window that boost abilities and don different effects for the player. It looks like these are the new ring slots.
Sounds a more sensible name for them in light of how many games restrict rings to two that give you effects and they moved onto 4. I remember when they switched to 4 on DS2 I was convinced I could only use 2 for a while because of previous games and normal "ring rules".

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Damn this is close. Had to dust off my PS4 and get my pre-order in.

Luckily my WoW guild doesn't know my PS4 handle.

"Sorry I didn't make the raid guys, I had to go buy a new monitor"

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I took off the 24th but beyond that, work is the only thing that'll stretch out the game for me. Otherwise id be marathoning that bitch all week!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Trying to hammer through Shadow of Mordor this week since I never finished it and clear the slate for this next week. I'm assuming that there'll be a place to buy it here in town on release day since I don't have a pre-order. Thinking about taking the 24th off...

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Sounds a more sensible name for them in light of how many games restrict rings to two that give you effects and they moved onto 4. I remember when they switched to 4 on DS2 I was convinced I could only use 2 for a while because of previous games and normal "ring rules".
Same and agree. Some rings also might as well be passive flags of accomplishment to your character. Kings seal in DS2 wasn't much more than "equip near door, unequip".

As stated before, I am glad easter is the week after this release. Work 26th and 27th. Then work 30 - 31, but have the day off on april 1st with easter vacation following from april 2nd until the 6th.

I am not religious, but mandatory vacation days due to religious holidays are great! You go pray, I go play!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
In terms of playing it asap do walmarts generally allow you to buy the game at 12:01??? Id rather have a physical copy but none of the gamespots around me are doing a midnight release and I took off Tuesday so Id love to pick it up at midnight. Any suggestions ??? Or should I just go digital?

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
They'll let you buy the game at 12:01, but since they're not a dedicated gaming store they're generally not aware of any midnight release, so you (or generally some doof in front of you who's been there for hours) will alert one of the workers to the release and they'll go to the back and find the game. That's been my finding, anyway.

In short, they'll release games at midnight, but they don't have any Midnight Release type events.

Edit: bought games at midnight at Walmart probably a dozen times. Never had any issue with dozens of people lining up - usually 3 to 5. For Smash WiiU there were maybe 10.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
But they generally have new releases in stock yes? Dont wanna go there and have them look at me with confusion and end up turning me away lol

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I got South Park at midnight last year. They didnt even have it ready to be put on the shelf. Had to find the box with it and dig it out, and they only had like 2 copies for ps3

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
They've always had what I'm looking for. They WILL look at you in confusion, though. Like I said, they probably don't know about any new release. They'll go back and find it and sell it to you, though.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Nice.....thx for the info. Wonder if I should even preorder at this point or just go there and expect they'll have it?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You think they'll have a PS4 bundle with Bloodborne at some point? I saw one was announced in Europe, but I'm international shipping probably defeats the purpose of trying to save a few bucks.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You think they'll have a PS4 bundle with Bloodborne at some point? I saw one was announced in Europe, but I'm international shipping probably defeats the purpose of trying to save a few bucks.
If they don't release with one, they probably never will.

I'm getting the game digital, it's actually cheaper here in europe than amazon, for some fucking weird reason since usually it's the contrary and no need to wait on delivery and shit, and fuck actually going somewhere to buy a game, ain't got time for that shit, especially not at fucking midnight.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
True.....still haven't ruled that option out completely......would be nice to be able to loan it out though even if I'd probably never trade it in.

I also hope they expand on the chalice dungeon idea and constantly release new iterations new bosses and new rewards as the game ages. Would be pretty awesome actually. Have always played offline and never used NPC help but coop dungeons sounds badass.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I went to buy Cataclysm at Walmart in hopes to snag a CE box years ago at midnight. Called ahead and they assured me they had some, so I lined up like a fool behind 2 other dudes. Waited until about 11:30 when a worker told us they didn't have CE's, just regular boxes. I left walmart and bought my regular copy at gamestop because I was so mad at being lied to.