Bloodborne

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
For these types of games I always look some shit up. I hate missing shit since I rarely play through a game more than once, so I try to pick everything up in one play through. I avoid boss fight videos and strategies and cheats/exploits as much as possible though

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just use frenzy resist rune and gear, and then sedatives. There aren't enough of them that you should run out
Hmm - I'll have to look up where Frenzy Rune is - I actually missed it, already wearing Ashen set.

Vaclav

Thank you. I didn't know if you could or could not counter on very large enemies. Good to know, though.
Yea, seems like everything can be parried, but some like werewolves are almost impossible to. (I did parry a WW the other day by accident, but never been able to on purpose)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yea, seems like everything can be parried, but some like werewolves are almost impossible to. (I did parry a WW the other day by accident, but never been able to on purpose)
Man I'll tell you.. I was in Old Y when a werewolf burst through a fucking door and I screamed like a little girl shooting my gun at the same time. Somehow it was a parry.

Fucking almost shit my goddamn pants.

Vaclav

Man I'll tell you.. I was in Old Y when a werewolf burst through a fucking door and I screamed like a little girl shooting my gun at the same time. Somehow it was a parry.

Fucking almost shit my goddamn pants.
LOL, it was a similar situation with one doing a "Kool-Aid Man" in a different place later down the line (first time I saw blue-eyed werewolves, so you'll know once you're there) when I made that discovery. (Technically not the Kool-Aid Man one though, but almost immediately after, you'll see why once you're there)

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
LOL, it was a similar situation with one doing a "Kool-Aid Man" in a different place later down the line (first time I saw blue-eyed werewolves, so you'll know once you're there) when I made that discovery. (Technically not the Kool-Aid Man one though, but almost immediately after, you'll see why once you're there)
Are you talking about

The one in the Upper Cathedral? Cause the one that bursts through the window while you are looking at the locked door made me freak the fuck out

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I know where you are talking about. I was busy looking at the door and the thing you can see through the glass of the door when that wolf went Ooooohhhhh YEAHHHH

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There were so many places I expected that to happen and it didn't that when it finally came I was all "ah ha!"

Also, I took a swing at every chest.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
There were so many places I expected that to happen and it didn't that when it finally came I was all "ah ha!"

Rofl @ chests. No mimics made me sad =( Kept expecting at least ONE of them to try and eat me.

Faize_sl

shitlord
felt like that was a pretty good throwback to original resident evil when the dog jumps through the window

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First game in a while where I actually hope there is DLC. Chalice dungeons are great, don't get me wrong. But just like DS, and DaS1, FROM has left me wanting more.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
First game in a while where I actually hope there is DLC. Chalice dungeons are great, don't get me wrong. But just like DS, and DaS1, FROM has left me wanting more.
Unfortunately they can't make content fast enough. I should be grateful since my personal life would disappear and my girlfriend would probably leave me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Rofl @ chests. No mimics made me sad =( Kept expecting at least ONE of them to try and eat me.
In DS1 I learned to hit chests a million times... in DS2 they made me re-learn it to hit them once or I'd break them... so now it's a habit!

The best part is people told me there are no mimics but I still do it.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The game is amazing, but I hope that what comes after is another Souls game. The Victorian setting would have bee a standout in any other game, but the world of the Souls games had - I really struggle to put words to it - a sort of cruel beauty and brutish serenity to them that I find matchless. It's really the only truly medieval world I can think of in a game - you're born into wreckage and can't help but wonder what made a ruin of the world, thereby fixating you on the past and present rather a hopeful future, and the games made damn sure that you were aware that all other players and NPCs were born into the same struggle. I'm sure there was some explanation provided in those games, but I didn't want it - I just want more of that setting!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

I'm still stabbing every shady looking wall I come across, so far nothing =\

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The game is amazing, but I hope that what comes after is another Souls game. The Victorian setting would have bee a standout in any other game, but the world of the Souls games had - I really struggle to put words to it - a sort of cruel beauty and brutish serenity to them that I find matchless. It's really the only truly medieval world I can think of in a game - you're born into wreckage and can't help but wonder what made a ruin of the world, thereby fixating you on the past and present rather a hopeful future, and the games made damn sure that you were aware that all other players and NPCs were born into the same struggle. I'm sure there was some explanation provided in those games, but I didn't want it - I just want more of that setting!
The themes of all the Souls games, including Bloodborne, is cyclical decay, death and rebirth.

Dark Souls 2's world is heavily implied to be the result of the decisions made by the hero character in Dark Souls 1, which is heavily implied to be the result of the decisions made by the hero in Demons Souls.

I love both the Souls' medieval setting, and Bloodbornes more Gothic/Victorian setting. I think the latter is less overdone in games, and probably more original, but I'm happy with both.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gothic/victorian nothing, this game is pure non-euclidean nightmare fuel.

Vaclav

In DS1 I learned to hit chests a million times... in DS2 they made me re-learn it to hit them once or I'd break them... so now it's a habit!

The best part is people told me there are no mimics but I still do it.
I'd open and instinctively roll backwards.

Vaclav

The themes of all the Souls games, including Bloodborne, is cyclical decay, death and rebirth.

Dark Souls 2's world is heavily implied to be the result of the decisions made by the hero character in Dark Souls 1, which is heavily implied to be the result of the decisions made by the hero in Demons Souls.

I love both the Souls' medieval setting, and Bloodbornes more Gothic/Victorian setting. I think the latter is less overdone in games, and probably more original, but I'm happy with both.
"Umbasa" - Bloodborne is probably tied in with Demon's.

Gothic/victorian nothing, this game is pure non-euclidean nightmare fuel.
I don't know if I'd call it nightmare fuel - but to reinforce non-euclidean: it's definitely the closest thing to Lovecraft that I've seen in game form in my life for sure.