Bloodborne

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm typically a "good" player at these games, but Gehrman is testing my patience hardcore. Over 40 attempts, I keep getting to 15% and getting insta-gibbed by his fucking retarded wind gust bullshit. I've heard people having no problem with this boss but he is making me want to just take the game out and never play again.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
For me he was relatively easy to parry and visceral, rinse repeat. His attacks are pretty brutal but not dmging enough that 1 hit will kill you. If you get hit once spam circle while holding back until he finishes his combo, then regroup and try to parry again. Overall pretty easy.......one of the 3 or 4 I one shotted with no issues

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's weird because I one-shotted a bunch of "hard" bosses, but this guy just rapes me. I even have a lot of HP.

I'm fairly terrible at parryin I guess, because I can't consistently parry his attacks. Even switched to the pistol.. I just suck.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I hear ya, I had trouble parrying overall too.....but had enough health / qs bullets that a few mistakes never meant death. BSB was the only 1 shot I had that would be considered a "Hard" boss.....and that was due to the fact I saw him waiting in the distance, and figured Id prepare myself with fire bolts as I knew werewolves were super vulnerable to it. Still was a nerve wracking battle, but I did damn good for never getting a chance to learn his moveset

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Its weird because I one shot ebrietas and two shot logarius

Hah took a break then one shotted him and moon presence

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Its weird because I one shot ebrietas and two shot logarius

Hah took a break then one shotted him and moon presence
Its not a 1 shot if you were having trouble with him. Does that mean you took a break and then beat him 1st try when you came back to him? Congrats regardless.....I am hoping for a 20+ hour dlc like now. The combat is sooooooooo perfect in my eyes, just wish there was more weapons and armor that had more of a weight in terms of survivability. The level layout was incredibly well done, as was the graphics / ambience.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Figured that was the case. Its funny cuz when I look at the reddit guys map overview the game looks so small in size, but playin it felt huge. Mizaki or whoever is definitely a genius.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Funny. I was in the same boat as you - pretty good at these games, killed a bunch of other "tough" bosses with not much difficulty, and then got my shit stomped in by Gehrman. I also probably had 15+ attempts before an enfored break due to injury. Came back after a week or so and killed him pretty easily after 2-3 times. Moon Presence also took me 2 - but mostly because I was looking at the scenery the first fight.

I couldn't for the life of my figure out Gehrman's "wind" attack until I realized I could get out of the way super easily just by jumping backwards. Hah hah. I kept trying to rush-dodge and get under him. He was the toughest boss in the game for me, and Guacamole was probably second. I thought that was kind of amusing in a Souls-series sort of way...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I knew to dodge the wind attack but it seemed so random if it would hit me or not.

Game was really awesome, took me a long time with the newborn but clocked in at 25 hours. I still say DS1 > DS2 > BB

Downloaded demons souls so we will see where that fits in

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I knew to dodge the wind attack but it seemed so random if it would hit me or not.

Game was really awesome, took me a long time with the newborn but clocked in at 25 hours. I still say DS1 > DS2 > BB

Downloaded demons souls so we will see where that fits in
Noodlebro, I agree with you. BB is an AMAZING game but Dark Souls will always be god tier. Something about the setting is just way too stronk and i cry everytime

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
In terms of length lore and variety id have to say Dks1 --> DKS2 --> BB for sure, but I like how he tried to alter the formula a bit and it was still a great title in its own right. Combat was fast but the whole game was basically a 1 trick pony for the most part
frown.png
just hoping they hace a curve ball or two planned

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
So I finally ran into a wall in the form of a boss fight that has taken me easily over 20 attempts without success - loran darkbeast. When I first saw the boss, I thought "easy, Paarl v2.0" but nope. I'm level 110 in ng+, and I'm dying almost every time when the boss is just under 50%. I had one really good fight where I made it to about 10%, and then got one-shotted. While I'm glad it's not easy, this is making me crazier than any boss fight since dark souls 1.

Darph_sl

shitlord
I'm hoping they patch chalice dungeon multiplayer to make it more intuitive and not disconnect after each boss, effectively making you do it twice.
I was really disappointed in how this turned out. I was expecting it to be basically "The Co-Op mode" but instead we got this clusterfuck.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I have to imagine part of their longterm plan was to add / fix / update their chalice dungeons to give more incentive to load up the character. Doesnt seem PVP is anywhere near as much of a draw this time, either, so its kind of all they have to build on

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's crazy to look at the stream viewer counts for Bloodborne compared to the Souls games. DS2 still gets way more viewers than BB has even when you take away the mega streamers' numbers. It's pretty clear that BB is not on the same level as the Souls games.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
it's also hard to compare when BB is PS4 only, while DS2 covers all platforms. xbros are not going to spend a lot of time watching something they can't play themselves.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
The real issue with BB is lack of build diversity. That's a huge letdown for me. A big reason the Souls games still have such high streamer retention is because you can still find someone taking some crazy build through the game. I watch all of these games on twitch literally every day and it is pretty cool.

If From was extra awesome they would make the BB DLC a new class. You could basically play the entire game over again and it would be just as awesome as the first time.