Bloodborne

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imo, Bloodborne's levels are the hardest in the series but the bosses are the easiest.
I found this to be the opposite. I thought Bloodborne's levels were cake, and some of the bosses just outrageously frustrating, where as with DS2 I've run into walls with the mobs but the bosses have all been pretty god damn easy.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I found this to be the opposite. I thought Bloodborne's levels were cake, and some of the bosses just outrageously frustrating, where as with DS2 I've run into walls with the mobs but the bosses have all been pretty god damn easy.
That's really interesting to me. There were two encounters in Souls/BB that required more out of me than I thought I could give. One was Ornstein and Smough, and the other was two or three mid-late BB levels in their entirety.

Beat 'em both, obv.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
For the BB levels, are you talking about chalice shit or actual game zones?

As far as the levels go, nightmare of mensis's intro was definitely terrible. Took me several deaths to realize I was better off just sprinting inside than trying to clear any of the wolves or stonethrowers. The zone-wide frenzy LoS was hella difficult and to make matters worse I would have PCs zone in and grief me lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That pretty much matches my experience as well

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
As far as the levels go, nightmare of mensis's intro was definitely terrible. Took me several deaths to realize I was better off just sprinting inside than trying to clear any of the wolves or stonethrowers. The zone-wide frenzy LoS was hella difficult and to make matters worse I would have PCs zone in and grief me lol
That exact spot was one of the ones I was referencing. The other was closer to the middle of the game, although I visited the area way later than most. It was the area where you fight half a dozen crows, jump across a gap, get to fight an assrapist with very little room to maneuver, enter a dark house, and fight more assrapists as you emerge onto the rooftop and make your way (iirc) to the trivial witch encounter.

Sounds like hemwick charnel, I remember having problems with those witches in the beginning too.

Finally just beat the undead giant in lower ptherumu, fuck that dude

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Let me know if you need help in chalices. PSN is Kuriin. Lower Pthumeru is definitely a difficult chalice. But, getting to the queen and then slaying her is such an amazing feeling, lol.

Needless

Toe Sucker
How awful is a dex build early game? I wanna get the DLC but i'll end up just making a new character in that case. Did a strength kirkhammer build originally

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
How awful is a dex build early game? I wanna get the DLC but i'll end up just making a new character in that case. Did a strength kirkhammer build originally
If you are good with your parry timing on the bosses it's awesome since your visceral's scale with skill.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've been doing a Skill build for my first playthrough, and as long as you parry any bosses that can be parried, you'll be fine. I would just recommend, if you later swap to another weapon, hold on to your threaded cane as backup; sometimes you really need a weapon with a decent AoE, and most of the Skill weapons are more close-ranged.

In other news, I finally got the beast claws. The first Loran boss was a lot easier than I was expecting, considering the last Lower Pthumeru boss; then I just needed to run like a bitch past everything in the second floor side area, and now I've got it. Now I just need the burial blade, and I've got the "get all the weapons" achievement. And now I never need to touch the chalices again. Yay.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Bloody Crow of Cainhurst is brutal jesus christ haha.. I never finished Eileen's questline when i first played through it but i want her outfit/blades of mercy on this skill character. That dude 2 shots with his gun
frown.png

Circling around while is chikage kills himself is boooring but im gonna have to do it since it seems like you cant actually parry anything he does

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Eh? Bloody Crow is parryable. Also, you can use Poison Knives on him to knock his HP down. He only heals once.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i got him, his parryable frames are mad early its awkward.

Poison, mollys and lucky parry fishings wooo

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yharnum is the only trophy I have left, but I don't know if I have it in me to beat this defiled chalice dungeon. Shit is no joke.