Blue Beetle (2023)

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Blue beetle, it just sounds so fucking low rent. No one gives a shit about anything named blue beetle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

out today on the high seas....

it still may catch morbius' domestic, but even with the international reporting lag, don't think it is beating any of the worldwide numbers. estimates i have seen say loss will be about $80-100m

1695044868595.png

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Blue beetle, it just sounds so fucking low rent. No one gives a shit about anything named blue beetle.
Yeah.

Movie is standard cape shit. Clueless hero, McVillain. McFight scenes.

Just trash beginning to end.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
brown cockroach is about his super powered cousin. Poncho.
Sounds like something I found up on the wall the other day. It lasted just long enough to take a picture to scare my wife.

Attachments

• 20230905_065102.jpg
    20230905_065102.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah.

Movie is standard cape shit. Clueless hero, McVillain. McFight scenes.

Just trash beginning to end.
I pretty much agree. The "we're Brown" stuff the whole movie was a bit much, although I lol'd at the grandma shit. I am also sick of the copy paste villain with the same powers shtick. I know it is kind of the trope of origin stories though.

Also who needs a superhero when the Lopez character apparently knows how to do everything?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Most of this movie is just Mexican screeching, the uncle, the grandmother, the sister, the beetle himself

velk

Trakanon Raider
This was so bad.

It's almost painfully generic, made up entirely of poor imitations of scenes from other, better, movies. Its only spark of originality is the gratingly overdone performance of the family that makes them into a bunch of caricatures.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
This is streaming on HBO now so I decided to watch it. Boring and full of tropes. Shazam was actually pretty decent and it was obvious they tried to latch on to that sort of comedic vibe, but the jokes fell flat. Honestly, I only knew of Blue Beetle from the Injustice games (not a huge comic book nerd by any stretch), who thought such an obscure character was worthy of a movie?