Bluestacks an android emulator for PCs

spronk

FPS noob
BlueStacks - Home

pretty cool shit run 4.x android inside your PC window to test drive apps and stuff. Seems to be pretty compatible with everything, free at the moment. Make sure to uncheck installing whatever extra crap they want to install (can't choose install directory either).

their plan seems to be charging for a service that bundles a bunch of android games, seems like a weird play to make money. here's a bunch of shitty games, wanna pay for it?

spronk

FPS noob
oh, amazon is giving $5 free app store credit today to anyone who installs their amazon app installer and gets any app (free apps count), I used bluestacks to give my two amazon accounts (mine, wife) the $5 credit without having to install it and shit on my real phone/tablet.

simply install bluestacks, run it, let it update and shit, then run the amazon app (should be in the top somewhere), let it update, then sign in to your amazon account, get any free app, and you should be emailed that you now have a $5 amazon app store credit good till 1/31/14. Plex for android is $5 on the amazon store, minecraft is $7.

amazon app store apps require you to keep the amazon app on your android device, so something to consider before you use their shitty app store to much. they do give one app a day free, but the amazon app is supposed to be a bit of a battery and resource hog.

spronk

FPS noob
I should mentionGenymotionis another emu that is free, dunno the difference between the two

don't get YouWave Android, it only runs old 2.x android stuff

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It's been around for awhile, I personally didn't really care for it. If I'm going to game on my PC I'll play something that is worthy of doing so and leave phone games on my phone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We made an android app to control my senior design project (wireless K9 communication) and used this emulator to test it out (didn't want to brick a personal phone lol).

bozeugene

Trakanon Raider
intel x86 android images that are delivered with android sdk are also really fast. i use them for several month for developpement